Hello ... I was going here ... and I think I'm going to stay

Gozoki's profile photo   04/12/2023 6:09 p.m.

Well, nothing, one day they call you after some analysis and tell you ... hey that you have 350 glucose!-Vale, what is it?Is it a lot?Ah, it's sugar, I will go to the doctor.
That is what more than three weeks ago, a box of strips and lancets and have given me a fat marker that puts Toujeo.
From the most absolute ignorance you start looking for information on the Internet to know what you are moving and ends in this forum.

All these days I have learned a lot and I have resolved some doubts about this "wonderful" Diabetics Club from which it seems that I am already a member.

I write this to introduce me and thank you for the information and advice you give.

I don't know how much mine, they tell me that it is type 2, I am with metformin tomorrow and night and 18 of Toujeo.That will take away my insulin and will stay with pills.I do not know !!I have seen in the glycosylated analyzes that at 13.2% PFFF.
At the moment I am with low since I am a professional driver.By the way, are there any more here?Now I have many doubts about whether I can continue working.

Well, nothing, I am, greeting to everyone!

Gozoki's profile photo
Gozoki
04/12/2023 6:09 p.m.

DM 2 diagnosticado en marzo de 2023.
HG debut 13.2 Última HG: 2024 6.3
AntiGAD : Haberlos,Haylos... pero pocos. NEGATIVO pues.
Metformina 1-0-1
Toujeo: Guardada en la nevera... y que siga.

Hello and welcome to the forum!I understand that you have received a recent diagnosis of type 2 diabetes and that you are trying to learn as much as possible about this disease and how to handle it.I am glad to know that you have found useful information and useful advice in the forum.

It is understandable that you feel overwhelmed by diagnosis and initial treatment with insulin and metformin.But over time, with the help of your doctor and educator in diabetes, you will learn how to handle and control your blood glucose levels.

As for your question about working as a professional driver, it is important that you talk to your doctor and diabetes educator about the possible additional limitations or requirements that may exist in your particular case.You may need to perform more frequent controls of your blood glucose levels (carry a continuous meter) and make adjustments in your food plan and medications to make sure you can keep your glucose in safe range while you work.

Remember that diabetes is a chronic disease, but with good control and care you can lead a healthy and active life.This forum is here to help you and rely on your way.A lot of courage and strength!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/12/2023 6:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome, here we are here to help.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/12/2023 11:50 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Welcome to the forum.Over time you will see that you can lead a totally normal life.
As for your work, tell you that diabetics renew the permission every 5 years instead of 10.
The truth is that I don't know, but I suppose your doctor can give you a certificate expressing that you have diabetes under control (when you have it, of course) and that you can develop your activity without major problems.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/13/2023 9:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sandman said:
Welcome to the forum.Over time you will see that you can lead a totally normal life.
As for your work, tell you that diabetics renew the permission every 5 years instead of 10.
The truth is that I don't know, but I suppose your doctor can give you a certificate expressing that you have diabetes under control (when you have it, of course) and that you can develop your activity without major problems.

Eye, we are renewed every 5 years, we are insulin of the dependent, I think.With only metformin there is no problem (it does not cause hypos).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/13/2023 10:03 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
sandman said:
welcome to the forum.Over time you will see that you can lead a totally normal life.

Eye, we are renewed every 5 years, we are insulin of the dependent, I think.With only metformin there is no problem (it does not cause hypos).

Well clarified.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/13/2023 10:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, today I have been in the mutual and has not put me in to work, that does ask me for a doctor to have everything controlled.
The renovation will touch me annual Link style = "max-width: 300px;

Gozoki's profile photo
Gozoki
04/13/2023 3:59 p.m.

DM 2 diagnosticado en marzo de 2023.
HG debut 13.2 Última HG: 2024 6.3
AntiGAD : Haberlos,Haylos... pero pocos. NEGATIVO pues.
Metformina 1-0-1
Toujeo: Guardada en la nevera... y que siga.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.