{'en': 'Increases', 'es': 'Subidas'} Image

Increases

Likor42's profile photo   04/19/2023 10:59 a.m.

Good morning,

In recent days I have dawned super tall, as in 300, when previous days it was fine.

Does anyone know why it can be?I should change the slow box, it was not expired.

By the way, throughout the morning also rises a lot.

Greetings,

Likor42's profile photo
Likor42
04/19/2023 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Likor42 because as we all know diabetes is not an exact science, a timely day can happen ... Alba effect, that you lie down or the fats of dinner would take effect later .... In the morning there are usually moreInsulin resistance and depends a lot on the work you have (that you are sitting, as is my case), that you stay high for lunch, ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
04/19/2023 12:49 p.m.

Likor42 said:
Good morning, in recent days I have dawned super tall, as in 300, when previous days it was fine.Does anyone know why it can be?I should change the slow box, it was not expired.By the way, throughout the morning it also goes up a lot

Change the pen you are using for a new one.
Be sure to purge two or three units before you put on.
If you are sick or have any infection, you can also influence blood glucose.

Some days I have a rather accused alba effect, but not even for such an extreme as yours (maximum 160 or 170 at 10/15 minutes of getting up)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/19/2023 12:51 p.m.

@LIKOR42 What type of diabetes do you have?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/19/2023 12:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Eye with the dinners with fats.They go up and so they keep the basal so flat (toujeo, threeiba) that we use now

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/19/2023 12:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
eye with fat dinners.They go up and so they keep the basal so flat (Toujeo, Tresiba) that we use now

Last night I made the crazy one and I had a ham sandwich (I'm sorry but I wanted;))

At 2 in the morning I was still in 180, I had to rectify with 2 units and this morning I woke up with 92.

It clearly was worth it.: D

PS: Let us not go from 181 at any time.The only thing that was maintained between 170/180 and did not look like.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/19/2023 1:37 p.m.

Hi @Likor42

I am sorry that you are experiencing high glucose levels in the morning.Here are some possible causes and advice to help you understand and handle this situation:

Alba effect: it is a natural phenomenon that occurs in most people, where hormone levels such as cortisol and growth hormone increase in the early morning, which can increase blood glucose levels.In people with diabetes, this effect can be more pronounced.

Somogyi phenomenon: also known as "hyperglycemic rebound", it is an response from the body to episodes of nocturnal hypoglycemia.The body releases hormones to raise blood glucose levels, but sometimes this compensation mechanism can cause high levels in the morning.

Incorrect basal insulin: If your prolonged action insulin is not providing adequate coverage during the night, this can cause high glucose levels in the morning.

Additional factors: stress, lack of sleep, diseases or infections, and changes in the diet or exercise can affect your glucose levels.

Given this situation, I would recommend:

- Monitor your glucose levels before bedtime, during the night (if possible) and to wake up, to identify patterns and possible causes of high levels in the morning.
- Consult with your doctor or educator in diabetes to discuss changes in your glucose levels and if it is necessary to adjust your insulin or treatment plan.
- Keep a record of your sleep, diet and exercise habits to identify possible factors that may be contributing to your high glucose levels in the morning.

As for insulin, if it is not expired and has been stored correctly, there should be no problem with it.However, if you suspect that insulin is not working properly, it would be advisable to talk to your doctor and consider changing it.

Remember that each person with diabetes is different, so it is essential to work with your medical care team to find the best solution for you.I hope this information is useful to you and do not hesitate to continue sharing your experiences and questions in the forum.We are here to support each other!

Greetings and a lot of encouragement in your fight against diabetes.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/20/2023 3:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.