{'en': 'Hello, I am new, I would like guidance regarding night sugar dowers', 'es': 'Hola soy nueva, quisiera orientación con respecto a los bajones de azúcar nocturnos'} Image

Hello, I am new, I would like guidance regarding night sugar dowers

Xx_cr4z1_c4t_xX's profile photo   04/20/2023 3:20 a.m.

Good night,

I am a mother of a 10 -year -old girl, a year ago she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, it has been the most difficult year for us.

Today I feel very worried since my girl 2 days ago had a low sugar and fainted at 4:00 in the morning it was a very difficult experience, it has been her third sugar downturn in a year and she usually happensWhile sleeping.

I would like to know if someone has passed through this experience, I will guide me, I feel helpless in this situation.

Thank you!

Xx_cr4z1_c4t_xX's profile photo
Xx_cr4z1_c4t_xX
04/20/2023 3:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum, there are many moms who will tell you their experiences with their sons/daughters that will surely be of great help.Tell us a little what medication you have guided, in terms of fast and slow insulin.Many encouragement.

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
04/20/2023 4:47 a.m.

I deduce that you have no blood glucose sensor.
In Spain all type 1 diabetics are prescribed.
Night hypos are usually due to the effect of the basal that peak at 3-4 hours of putting them (Lantus and Levemir), change the hours of the Basal in the morning that it is easier to control the downturn when you are awake,It also reviews glycemia when bedtime, it is not very low.
Talk to the endocrine to change the basal for some more stable and long lasting such as Toujeo or Tresiba.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/20/2023 6:29 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

As Ruthbia tells you, it is safer to put the slow in the morning, if you use Lantus, and lower the dose of slow so that the hypos are not repeated.

The sensor gives a lot of peace of mind.
What insulins do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/20/2023 8:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello and welcome to the Diabetes Forum!

First of all, we want to give you a hot welcome and make sure that you have found a place where you can receive support, advice and useful information from other members who face similar situations.We understand how difficult and worrying it can be dealing with diabetes, especially in the case of your daughter.

In this forum, you will find many people who have gone through similar experiences and are willing to share their knowledge and advice.We encourage you to explore the different topics and conversations, and do not hesitate to ask questions or share your own experiences.

As for the situation you describe, it is important to remember that we are not medical professionals, but we can offer general suggestions.It would be ideal for you to consult with your daughter's doctor about these episodes of nocturnal hypoglycemia, since they might require adjustments in the treatment.

Meanwhile, here are some general ideas that could be useful:

- Make sure your daughter has a balanced dinner that includes complex proteins, fats and carbohydrates to help maintain stable blood sugar levels during the night.
- Consider monitoring your daughter's blood sugar before bedtime and during the night, especially if you have had an active day or exercised.
- Talk to your daughter's doctor about the possibility of adjusting the insulin dose or changing the administration schedule.

Remember that each person with diabetes is different, so what works for one may not be adequate for another.It is essential to work together with your daughter's medical team to find the best approach to her situation.

Once again, welcome to the forum and we hope you find the support and information you are looking for.We are here to help each other!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/20/2023 12:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of help !!
All the best

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
04/20/2023 3:39 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Javiergallardo1963 said:
Welcome to the forum, there are many moms who will tell you their experiences with their sons/daughters that will surely be of great help.Tell us a little what medication you have guided, in terms of fast and slow insulin.Many encouragement.

Hello thank you, for the welcome good in the morning before breakfast I put 5 u quickly and 9 of slow
And before dinner I put 3 u quickly and 2 of slow. His endocrinologist to adjust but it is variable sometimes has high sugar other casualties I fail to stabilize it.
This has worried me

Xx_cr4z1_c4t_xX
04/20/2023 7:58 p.m.

Well, children vary doses while they are growing.Adjusting two slow guidelines is complicated, because if you increase the day you may have to decrease the night.
I do not know if your endocrine can prescribe a slow one that covers 24 hours, such as Lantus or Toujeo, which only puts itself one time.
If for two days it is low at night and wakes up, you will have to lower the slow night, and you may have to increase the day, according to controls.
In such young children it is better to adjust with half units.
But if you are pending, the control will be good despite the ups and downs.This is so.
Much encouragement and patience, that everything will go well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/20/2023 11:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina for your support

Xx_cr4z1_c4t_xX
04/21/2023 1:27 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.