{'en': 'Freestyle sensor 2', 'es': 'Sensor Freestyle 2'} Image

Freestyle sensor 2

ana80's profile photo   04/27/2023 10:53 a.m.

Hello everyone,

My name is Ana and I am Type 1 diabetic for a year and a half and Freestyle 2 user for a year.

I am very happy with the sensor but the last 5 I had to replace because at 5, 6 or 7 days I am mistaken and I have to replace it.

Is someone else happening to someone?

I use it correctly, behind the arm, I never took off and I use the ABBOTT app to scan with the mobile.

It is the first time that I encourage to write although I am closely for the forum, it is very helpful.

Greetings to all and thanks!:)

ana80's profile photo
ana80
04/27/2023 10:53 a.m.

DM 1 desde noviembre de 2021
43 años
Freestyle 2
Abasaglar + Novorapid

ana80 said:
hello everyone,
My name is Ana and I am Type 1 diabetic for a year and a half and Freestyle 2 user for a year.I am very happy with the sensor but the last 5 I had to replace because at 5, 6 or 7 days I am mistaken and I have to replace it.Is someone else happening to someone?I use it correctly, behind the arm, I never took off and I use the ABBOTT app to scan with the mobile.
It is the first time that I encourage to write although I follow the forum closely, it is of great help, greetings to all and thanks!:)

Let's see, it is normal for some sensor to give you problems.But so many errors in a row I don't see it normal.

Can it be for the happy update to Android 13?

Try Diabox on your mobile and you may do better than the official app.You can also calibrate it.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/27/2023 11:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

sandman said:
ana80 said:
hello everyone,
My name is Ana and I am Type 1 diabetic for a year and a half and Freestyle 2 user for a year.I am very happy with the sensor but the last 5 I had to replace because at 5, 6 or 7 days I am mistaken and I have to replace it.Is someone else happening to someone?I use it correctly, behind the arm, I never took off and I use the ABBOTT app to scan with the mobile.
It is the first time that I encourage to write although I follow the forum closely, it is of great help, greetings to all and thanks!:)

Let's see, it is normal for some sensor to give you problems.But so many errors in a row I don't see it normal.

Can it be for the happy update to Android 13?

Try Diabox on your mobile and you may do better than the official app.You can also calibrate it.

Thank you!Yes, I also thought it may be the application.I will try to install the other and see if they stop giving me problems.I'm already telling you

ana80's profile photo
ana80
04/27/2023 11:44 a.m.

43 años
Freestyle 2
Abasaglar + Novorapid

I agree with Sandman, some failure, so many to think that it is not a matter of the sensors ... I must have failed three, perhaps four in the years that I have been free2 (I cross my fingers :-)).Of course, I use Xdrip from day one.Pass juggly, Diabox or XDrip, makes the sensor a continuous monitor.And look what Android 13 tells you, gives problems with Bluetooth.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
04/27/2023 11:50 a.m.

Few have failed me, but it may be that a complete lot comes out bad, more than one has happened here.
And Diabox as an accessory is fine, but a sensor must work with the official app, among other things the endo asks it since it is connected.
@Ana80 claims all those who fail you.Be clear that it is nothing that you are doing, is that there are lots that go bad.
And welcome to the forum.😉

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/27/2023 12:10 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The last sensor has only lasted me 2 days.I got the message of "exhausted sensor" without having done anything.The freestyle app did not go but Diabox continued reading the sensor.
I have requested the replacement on the Abbott website.From the update to Android 13, they ask you for a tremendous amount of mobile data (operating system, software version, ...).The new sensor will arrive within about 5 days.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/27/2023 12:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I appreciate a lot to continue with Android 12, especially seen the problems you are having with Android 13 most of you.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/27/2023 12:46 p.m.

Antonio200 said:
I agree with Sandman, some failure, so many that think that it is not a matter of the sensors ... I must have failed three, perhaps four in the years that I have beenWith free2 (I cross the fingers :-)).Of course, I use Xdrip from day one.Pass juggly, Diabox or XDrip, makes the sensor a continuous monitor.And see what Android 13 tells you, gives problems with Bluetooth.

thank you!Yes, I think it is another problem of the FreeLink app with Android than of the sensors.I will inform myself about the other apps

ana80's profile photo
ana80
04/27/2023 2:05 p.m.

43 años
Freestyle 2
Abasaglar + Novorapid

Isabelbota said:
few failed me, but it may be that a complete lot comes out bad, more than one here has happened.
And Diabox as an accessory is fine, but a sensor must work with the official app, among other things the endo asks it since it is connected.
@Ana80 claims all those who fail you.Be clear that it is nothing that you are doing, is that there are lots that go bad.
And welcome to the forum. 😉

thank you so much!:) Yes, a bad lot can go out but I think the problem should come from the fact that the freestyle app is not doing well with the latest version of Android ... they should review this of Abbott as you say good

ana80's profile photo
ana80
04/27/2023 2:07 p.m.

43 años
Freestyle 2
Abasaglar + Novorapid

Isabelbota said:
few failed me, but it may be that a complete lot comes out bad, more than one here has happened.

And yes, I always ask to replace them when they fail me.I have to say that in that sense I have never had a problem with Abbott, they send me a new one a few days later.

ana80's profile photo
ana80
04/27/2023 2:15 p.m.

43 años
Freestyle 2
Abasaglar + Novorapid

I spend LibreLink and my endocrine has no trouble reviewing my Diabox, it is more reviewing my reader that is quite precise.
When there was no app reviewed the reader, then I got a Dutch version, here it took a year to take it out and I reviewed the mobile too.

Sensors failures ..... Pufff .... They go for seasons.Last year at these dates 5 followed me at the beginning.They are returned and period.The roll is coming and going for them.And they do not fail because you carry them in the leg, buttock, abdomen, the software fails or the hardware.Nothing to do with the location.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/27/2023 2:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I passage from LibreLink and my endocrine has no problem reviewing my diabox, it is more reviewing my reader that is quite precise.
When there was no app reviewed the reader, then I got a Dutch version, here it took a year to take it out and I reviewed the mobile too.

Sensors failures ..... Pufff .... They go for seasons.Last year at these dates 5 followed me at the beginning.They are returned and period.The roll is coming and going for them.And they do not fail because you carry them in the leg, buttock, abdomen, the software fails or the hardware.Nothing to do with location.

Thanks for the information @ruthbia, I've already been watching threads in which you talk about more apps, it's fine to know!

ana80's profile photo
ana80
04/27/2023 6:33 p.m.

43 años
Freestyle 2
Abasaglar + Novorapid

Isabelbota said:

sorry.What is Diabox?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/28/2023 8:36 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

ana80 said:
hello everyone,

God!With how expensive the sensors are.That happens to me and I die.Do you try to use the reader instead of using the cell phone?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/28/2023 8:36 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@matrix, but if you talk to Abbot, it sends you others.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2023 noon

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@matrix: Diabox is a free app that transforms free 2 into a continuous meter

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/28/2023 1:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@matrix: diabox is a free app that transforms free 2 into a continuous meter

But I looked for her on Android and is not, how do I look for her?or what is the page?This application does not make the sensor spend before 14 days?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/29/2023 4:36 p.m.

regina said:
@matrix, but if you talk to Abbot, send you others.

In Mexico ... I don't believe!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/29/2023 4:36 p.m.

matrix said:
regina said:
@matrix, but if you talk to Abbot, send you others.

In Mexico ... I don't think!

Of course, where it sells sensors, it responds if they are defective.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/29/2023 10:09 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

matrix said:
ricki21 said:
@matrix: diabox is a free app that transforms free 2 into a continuous meter

But I looked for her on Android and is not, how do I look for her?or what is the page?This application does not make the sensor spend before 14 days?

In the Google Store you will not find it but you have to download it from a group in Telegram.
What happens is that I don't know how to put the link.
Let's see if any member of the forum can tell you.
It is measuring you continuously every minute without having to be passing the mobile to see the values.
You can also calibrate it so that the data resemble as much as possible the glycometer readings.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/30/2023 11:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.