{'en': 'I want to buy a glucometer !!', 'es': 'Quiero comprarme un glucómetro!!'} Image

I want to buy a glucometer !!

Pyrri's profile photo   05/01/2023 5:17 p.m.

Can anyone tell me a reliable glucometer brand?

Neither the endocrine nor the nurse have wanted me to buy it and over every time I go to the nurse (1 time every 3 months go to look at my glucose, I always go fasting and nothing).

I think that some food I am eating in my diet is hurting me, but I have no symptoms of hyperglycemic !!
I want to measure on an empty stomach and 2 hours after eating something to see if the glucose is triggered to more than 240.

If you expose me everything I need to buy would help me a lot !!

Thank you!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
05/01/2023 5:17 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

@Pirry, search online Bayer, Menarini, .. and looks at the price of the strips, which is the most expensive.
There are cheap strips that are reliable too.
Even if you call those houses they give you the glucometer, because the profit is in the strips.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/01/2023 5:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Look at EBAY the freestyle glycometer optium neo is well price

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/01/2023 6:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And if you can allow you to buy even if it is a couple of sensors, to measure 4 weeks, there you would clearly see what affects you to glucose and what does not.
Although you measure yourself with glucometer you will see specific non -curves.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/01/2023 6:18 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thanks to everyone for the info I will put myself right away with it !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
05/02/2023 1:33 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

pyrri said:
Can anyone tell me a reliable glucometer brand?
Neither the endocrine nor the nurse have wanted me to buy it and over every time I go to the nurse (1 time every 3 months go to look at my glucose, I always go fasting and nothing).
I think that some food I am eating in my diet is hurting me, but I have no symptoms of hyperglycemic !!
I want to measure on an empty stomach and 2 hours after eating something to see if the glucose is triggered to more than 240.

If you expose me everything I need to buy would help me a lot !!

All I have, and I have several (like 6 or 7) have always given them free in pharmacies.The gain goes later in the strips.

I think I remember that the nurse gave me one to debut, but the others always in pharmacy.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
05/02/2023 9:31 a.m.

Abbott was given to me by calling a phone, an insulinx that calculates bowling, and the freestyle reader (also glucometer and measures acidosis) I bought it in its day, the one I have now gave me the SS.I buy the optium strips for 50, about 16-20 EUR boxes in Amazon.
Abbott's insulinx is better than freestyle because the drop of blood that is needed is less.This is important for when there is no way to get blood from the finger.
And the pulsandor, who comes with the glucometer is quite painful.You also need the lancetas.These are standards, the strips do not

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/02/2023 10:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have found on Amazon one that says that it is the best -selling red -colored brand, which has very cheap strips and lancets.The pack for € 23 glucometer + 50 strips + 50 lancetas + swamp boli + case and the strips separate 100 cost € 27, I see it decent to start !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
05/02/2023 11:41 a.m.

pyrri said:
I have found in Amazon one that says that it is the best -selling red -colored brand, which has very cheap strips and lancets.The pack for € 23 glucometer + 50 strips + 50 lancetas + swamp boli + case and the strips separate 100 cost € 27, I see it decent to start !!

The Safe-Acu, I use those and compared them to other more expensive brands and are the same.Also if you buy 4 boxes you get the box for about € 7.I already go to Cap to look for anything.

Ah and Sinocare also has some blue, the Safe aq Angel that are very bad.Once I bought a couple of boxes and they all failed me, the blood did not aspire well, instead the Safe-Acu have been using them and no problem.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/02/2023 2:30 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Pyrri
I had the accu-chek but I ruined in strips because although I have DM type 2 and I only take a metformin pill a day the SS's header told me that I did not prescribe it because since I did not prick me it was not necessary and almost almostHe laughed at me.
I saw that an aunt who was treated with insulin gave him in the SS his adia his strips and worked well.So I bought an Adia at Amazon and bought the 200 € 56 pack strips and it works very well.In fact I have several because the price of the glucometer at Amazon is ridiculous because the business has it in the strips.
And what I tell you is that self -control glucose has been fundamental to know what crushes me and what benefits me with this damn disease: food, sport, etc.
Until I did not know the behavior of my body in front of diabetes I have not been able to control it

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
05/07/2023 11:08 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

sherpa41 said:
pyrri said:
I have found on Amazon one that says that it is the best selling red -colored brand of red, which has the strips andVery cheap lancetas.The pack for € 23 glucometer + 50 strips + 50 lancetas + swamp boli + case and the strips separate 100 cost € 27, I see it decent to start !!

The Safe-Acu, I use those and compared them to other more expensive brands and are the same.Also if you buy 4 boxes you get the box for about € 7.I already go to Cap to look for anything.

Ah and Sinocare also has some blue, the Safe aq Angel that are very bad.Once I bought a couple of boxes and they all failed me, the blood did not aspire well, instead the safe-acu have been using them and no problem for years.

I will try the Safe-Acu because I see that the strips are cheaper than those of Adia.I hope they go as well.Greetings

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
05/07/2023 12:47 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

In the pharmacy they can give you a glucometer, but then it has that the strips will come out about € 1 each test.They can also get one of the "white mark" of pharmacies, Cofar, which comes out for about 30 euros, with 35 strips, but the subsequent purchases of about 50 cents.Those of Sinocare ... no comments.
The truth is that type 2 diabetics are not paid much attention to glucometers, because if I get high I can increase the dose of insulin but type 2 can do nothing but exercise or eat less in the next meal,so that the health system leaves them aside.
If you can afford it, the best thing is the freestyle electrode, with your phone you manage and when you are already clear what goes up and what you do not, do not spend more.The thing is around 60 euros for 2 signs, you already look if it is worth it.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
05/07/2023 12:56 p.m.

I recommend Freestyle Lite.It is small and simple, for me it is perfect.

jorgeazucareiro's profile photo
jorgeazucareiro
05/07/2023 2:01 p.m.

Juanluis1957 said:
In the pharmacy they can give you a glucometer, but then it has that the strips will come out more or less at € 1 each test.They can also get one of the "white mark" of pharmacies, Cofar, which comes out for about 30 euros, with 35 strips, but the subsequent purchases of about 50 cents.Those of Sinocare ... no comments.
The truth is that type 2 diabetics are not paid much attention to glucometers, because if I get high I can increase the dose of insulin but type 2 can do nothing but exercise or eat less in the next meal,so that the health system leaves them aside.
If you can afford it, the best thing is the freestyle electrode, with your phone you manage and when you are already clear what goes up and what you do not, do not spend more.The thing is around 60 euros for 2 signs, you already look if it is worth it.

I have bought in the pharmacy a complete kitchem / nesira brand kit (and I understand why the glucometer only gives 1 year warranty when here in Spain all electronic products are 3 years warranty), for € 30 + reactive strips 35 very cheapAnd fuck how good the blood aspires + very skinny lancets and every time you click it hurts, so I had to buy a box of 200 universal lancets with a bixelada tip that does not give any pain, it is hard for me to take the blood becauseI am very trembling my hands and strips of Nesira and the Model TD-4283 Glucometer works very well !!, it only carries a button is very easy to use is to put the strip to the glucometer.6 seconds The glucose x mg/dcl appears then it has memory that automatically keeps up to 150 measurements, it works with a round lithium pile.

I have looked at it and on the manufacturer's website it appears as exhausted, of course I deserve much more penalty is a very good scientific advance in diabetes, as soon as there is stock I think I can catch it !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
05/07/2023 2:59 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
and if you can allow you to buy even if it is a couple of sensors, to measure 4 weeks, there you would clearly see what affects you to glucose and what does not.
Even if you measure yourself with glucometer you will see non -curved specific data.

I totally agree.I "did not need" the free freestyle sensor but on my own I bought it in Costco and it has been the best of my life.Not because of the issue of being clicking on the drop of blood that the glucometer requires but because it is very practical to see how you get up and you can see the glucose at the moment, and not only that, but you see how it behaved throughout the morning!

And then with food ... very good that you see the glucose before food and then you eat something, you can see the glucose curve at 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120 minutes etc ... there you do knowWhat foods to avoid, and which are very good!There are many surprises!

And finally, can a pattern be established: until how much it goes up when foods with many hydrates are ingested?How do you behave during the day?How much postpandrial rises with a controlled diet, etc.

Undoubtedly, the sensor is super important, for those who do not need it, at least try one or two to carry a better monitoring.

It served me to make the doctor adjust the medications.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/19/2023 5:29 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.