{'en': 'Myofascial pain syndrome and diabetes', 'es': 'Síndrome de dolor miofascial y diabetes'} Image

Myofascial pain syndrome and diabetes

jorgeazucareiro's profile photo   05/29/2023 12:41 a.m.

Well that ... about myofascial pain syndrome and diabetes.

Does anyone else suffer from it?

Thank you!

jorgeazucareiro's profile photo
jorgeazucareiro
05/29/2023 12:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

:#:#:#:#

jorgeazucareiro
05/31/2023 12:58 p.m.

@jorgeazucareiro, I don't know what it is.How are you?
I do not know if it is related to diabetes, but I just read that it can improve a lot with physiotherapy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/01/2023 5:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you control diabetes, many strange things can arise (confirmed with me).I hope you get better !!
They are giving me gabapentina for my polyneuropathy and does nothing to me, it only remains annoyed, I have looked for it alone !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
06/02/2023 1:09 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Hi @jorgeazucareiro

I do not have this syndrome personally, but I understand that it can be a difficult condition to handle, especially if you also have diabetes.

Myofascial pain syndrome is a condition that affects muscles and fascias (the connective tissue surrounding muscles, bones and organs).It can cause persistent pain, sensitivity to touch, rigidity and other symptoms.Although there is no direct relationship between diabetes and myofascial pain syndrome, pain management may be more challenging if you also have diabetes.

It is important to talk to your doctor or a physiotherapist if you have this syndrome, since they can recommend treatments such as physical therapy, pain medications, and pain techniques and coping.

Remember that each person is unique and what works for one may not work for another.Therefore, it is essential to work in close collaboration with your medical care team to find the best management strategies for you.

I hope this information will help you and that you can find relief for your pain soon.Do not hesitate to share more about your experience or ask more questions if you need more support or information.

Wish you all the best,

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2023 10:18 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, it should not have a direct relationship with diabetes, although if I already tell you that it is a good annoyance ... Physiotherapy does almost nothing to me, it is similar to fibromyalgia, with trigger points that give pain but only in a part of thebody.

jorgeazucareiro
06/04/2023 2:19 p.m.

Thank you very much to those who answered?

jorgeazucareiro
06/04/2023 2:19 p.m.

pyrri said:
If you control diabetes, many strange things can arise (confirmed with me).I hope you get better !!
They are giving me gabapentina for my polyneuropathy and it does nothing to me, it only remains annoyed, I have looked for it alone !!

My psychiatry

pyrri said:
They are giving me gabapentina for my polyneuropathy and it does nothing to me, it only remains annoyed, I have looked for it alone !!

I have been taking Gabapentina for years (3 or 4) and as soon as I told my psychiatrist my symptoms prescribed me Liryca, and I tell you that nothing to do, even the anxiety to eat has taken it away from me, it is only my humble opinion, hope better.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
07/20/2023 8:20 p.m.

Diagnosticada diabetes tipo 1 hace dos años.
Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

As Fer says this myofascial syndrome is not related to diabetes, myofascial trigger points can develop due to various reasons, such as muscle lesions, repetitive stress, bad posture, emotional tensions, among other factors.There are several treatments even a cognitive behavioral, this therapy can be used to address the emotional and psychological aspects related to chronic pain.Wish you all the best

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/23/2023 1:33 a.m.

In case it is helpful ...
Link

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/25/2023 5:31 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
in case of help ...
Link

I think we don't talk about the same, even so thank you!

jorgeazucareiro
07/25/2023 11:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.