{'en': 'Fasting and hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Ayuno e hipoglucemias'} Image

Fasting and hypoglycemia

mkthyl's profile photo   05/29/2023 8:27 p.m.

I have type 1 diabetes and I do kitesurf (they can be between 1 or 4 hours of sport in a row), sometimes I have gone to play sports, very well hydrated with water and it was amazing the stable of my glucose level.In fact, it is the only way that the line sets straight

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
06/19/2023 10:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is normal to feel fear that your blood sugar levels will go down too much and experience symptoms of hypoglycemia.It is important to remember that insulin is necessary to control your blood sugar levels, but it can also lead to hypoglycemia if not adequately administered.

To reduce the risk of hypoglycemia, it is important to follow the instructions and dosing guidelines provided by your doctor or medical care equipment.In addition, here are some useful suggestions:

Regularly control your blood sugar levels to make sure they are within the recommended range.
Learn to recognize early symptoms of hypoglycemia, such as tremors, sweating, dizziness or confusion.
Always keep an emergency kit for hand hypoglycemia, including glucose in the form of tablets, gel or fruit juice.
It always carries a medical identification or an emergency card that indicates that you are diabetic and that you need immediate treatment in case of hypoglycemia.
Talk to your doctor about specific control goals and adjustments in the insulin dose in case of frequent hypoglycemia.Additional changes could be necessary in your treatment regime.
Remember that the prevention of hypoglycemia is important, but in case of experiencing one, it is crucial to act quickly and treat it immediately.Do not hesitate to communicate with your doctor to obtain additional help and guidance.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
08/05/2023 4:08 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.