Chronic inflammation causes diabetes or is diabetes that generates inflammation?

fosforero's profile photo   06/07/2023 10:54 p.m.

Good night friends:
In the first place I want to say that I have learned more in this forum about my diabetes than in all the doctors I have attended and in all the articles I have read.I have Type 2 DM for 8 years and peripheral neuropathy for 3. I have always had controlled glucose taking only an 850 mg pill of metformin a day and with lower glycosylated glycosylated at 6. Currently 5.5.I only had a 7.2 tip on an occasion.The endocrine is not believed that my peripheral neuropathy is due to diabetes, but they have done all kinds of tests looking for other possible causes always with a negative result.That is why they doubt between diabetics or idiopathic (without known cause).
As I do not inject insulin in the SS they have never given me a glucometer and they have laughed at me when I have asked for it, telling me to spend the money on something more useful.
But after a while reading you in the forum I decided to buy it, it is the most useful adquision I ever did.I have learned to know my body's response to all kinds of meals and exercise.What a pity that I did not do it before.
Well, now I want to deepen a little more on the subject to try to control my DM more and avoid its dreaded side effects.I have read some articles that claim that diabetes originates from having chronic inflammation in the body.Others instead claim that inflammation in the body originates as a result of diabetes.Can you guide me a bit about it?Because if it is inflammation that causes diabetes, in addition to regime, playing sports and taking metformin should also do everything that allows to reduce that chronic inflammation caused by diabetes.
Do you know food, supplements, habits, things that can help me reduce chronic inflammation?
Thank you very much to all and luck

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
06/07/2023 10:54 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Hi @Fosphorero:
What produces the most inflammation is refined sugar, flour (for gluten) and seed oils (including sunflower) and trans fats.
Ultraprocessed foods are a cocktail of all previous ingredients so they are the worst.Some authors also consider that dairy products can cause inflammation.
What do we have left then?The usual: fresh fruits and vegetablesfried).
Conditioning food with turmeric, pepper, ginger, garlic and cinnamon, which have anti -inflammatory properties.
What becomes a Mediterranean diet but reducing bread and dairy products.Cooking with extra virgin olive oil and incorporating avocado as a healthy fat.
And as supplements, the omega 3 and probiotics to enrich the intestinal flora.
As habits: they say that intermittent fasting, exercise of strength and physical activity (10,000 daily steps) is useful (10,000 daily steps)
If all this is a turn to your routines, I recommend that you withdraw food from the blacklist and incorporate the healthy of one.Try to walk to all places.If you use public transport, get off one or two stops before your destination to complete it.If you go by car, look further than usual to walk more.
There are channels that offer information on the inflammation of the body and intestinal health.I like them a lot
Link
Borja flag
Dr. La Rosa

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/08/2023 9:08 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ENSALADA Thank you very much, with your information I have a good basis to start changing my eating habits.Regarding the subject of exercise, I already follow it to the maximum, every day I express myself in the gym.Health

fosforero
06/08/2023 11:28 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

@Ensalada I have 2 doubts about the inflammatory or anti -inflammatory capacity of 2 foods that consume a lot: coffee (both natural and natural decaffeinated) and soybean drink without added sugars.Do you have information about it?Thank you so much

fosforero
06/08/2023 12:13 p.m.

I have never seen them in the "blacklist" of foods that produce inflammation.
You have to observe how food feels you.If after taking them you feel heavy or swollen or sleepy.
For example, after a paella (which I love) I felt fatal.I had to unbutton the pants button, I was sleepy, scrapped.
I realized when following a thinning diet (Montignac Method) they said that it should not be associated in the same meal hydrates with meat or cheese (animal fat) and the paella gathered all that (I did not usually take it of seafood or fish).When, occasionally I took Paella, it caused me again a very very.
After debuting with diabetes I stopped taking Paella radically.It is a dish that I have removed from my diet because I see that it produces inflammation (apart from the amount of hydrates it has).
It is not a scientific method, but it works, it helps you identify dishes that for H or B for not tolerate well and is generally the inflammatory response of your body.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/08/2023 12:40 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I ask about ignorant:
What kind of inflammation are you dealing with diet?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/08/2023 4:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, I attach a link
Link

fosforero
06/08/2023 6:36 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I ask about ignorant:
What kind of inflammation are you dealing with diet?

With the diet, you avoid inflammation, well try not to increase it.If you already have inflammation, the diet I don't think it's enough to reverse it.They are advice to have healthy nutrition.Hopefully only with good habits we can reverse the health problems we suffer :(

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/08/2023 10:09 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Attached another very interesting link
Link

fosforero
06/08/2023 10:22 p.m.

Thanks for the links.But I still don't understand what is inflamed inside.

And the inflammas, I think they do not measure it to us in the debut.

All the white blood cell set give normal values, so I do not know how to detect such a process if it is usually given.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/09/2023 11:07 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think there are meals that do not feel good, because they develop intolerances with age.It happens to me now with lactose and, once they gave me in the pharmacy some turmeric pills for my throat, I had to go to the emergency department for an allergic reaction that inflamed my entire body.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/09/2023 5:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina
Interestingly, turmeric according to the publications of the subject is one of the main anti -inflammatory foods

fosforero
06/09/2023 6:19 p.m.

Well, I have problems with fats.I inflame my stomach a lot and I can't eat anything in 24 hours, only chamomile

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/09/2023 10:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

phosphorero said:
@regina
Interestingly, turmeric according to the publications of the subject is one of the main anti -inflammatory foods

There are cases of allergies too, in the tests that they did to me later, I got positive to turmeric, ginger and seafood.I am also allergic to penicillin, that can kill me.So each body is unique.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2023 4:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I am also allergic to the penicillin @regina and if that can kill us I bring a pendant warning of that allergy, the doctor recommended it to me !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
06/10/2023 9:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Andrespmat, yes I have the pendant, and I don't wear it ... but now you remember me, I'm going to put it on.As soon as I can make a tattoo, which bothers less.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2023 3:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.