{'en': 'Has anyone tried the DPP Jardianz?', 'es': 'Alguien ha probado el Jardianz DPP?'} Image

Has anyone tried the DPP Jardianz?

matrix's profile photo   06/08/2023 8:59 p.m.

My treatment was with Duo Invokana but this medication of all pharmacies disappeared here in MX then was with invokana (not Duo) in the morning and prolonged liberation metformin at night.

With this treatment, exercises and diet, he lifes me with 140 glucose, peaks after food of 200, postpandral of 170 and almost all day in 140 ... after walks 112 to 120 for 6 hours ....

The doctor changed my medicine, now Jardianz DPP in the morning and metformin at night.With this new treatment + walks + healthy eating I get up in 108 (I have been 5 days) and I have 107 to 115 for almost all day, after food 155.

Even at night with the freestyle I bring 98 - 110 and after dinner 125 .... this even without taking the metformin.

Have you had experience with this medicine?

I'm going to ask the doctor if I eliminate metformin at night, but I wanted to ask before here in the Forum to see if there is any feedback.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
06/08/2023 8:59 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
my treatment was with invokana duo but this drug of all pharmacies disappeared here in mx then was with invokana (not duo) in the morning and extended liberation metformin at night.

With this treatment, exercises and diet, he lifes me with 140 glucose, peaks after food of 200, postpandral of 170 and almost all day in 140 ... after walks 112 to 120 for 6 hours ....

The doctor changed my medicine, now Jardianz DPP in the morning and metformin at night.With this new treatment + walks + healthy eating I get up in 108 (I have been 5 days) and I have 107 to 115 for almost all day, after food 155.

Even at night with the freestyle I bring 98 - 110 and after dinner 125 .... this even without taking the metformin.

Have you had experience with this medicine?

I'm going to ask the doctor if I eliminate metformin at night, but I wanted to ask before here in the Forum to see if there is any feedback.

Hey, then great.They seem to have found your ideal treatment.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/08/2023 10:31 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota "Hey, well, it seems that they have found your ideal treatment."

Thank you.Well, it seems very good.I have an appointment in August for monitoring and also because with all these medications you have to be reviewing the renal and hepatic function.

I anticipate that my glucosilada will improve.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
06/09/2023 12:12 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

It sounds to me that Jardiance is the one that runs out in Europe because it is used to lose weight, but do not pay much.

If until August you have no review, I would try 4 days without metformin to see how such, if the levels rise to me, I would take it again.It is that I am of little chemistry .... I never finish the treatments, I leave them as soon as I see myself well, I know that it is not due, but I hate chemistry in my body.With insulin I am left over.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/09/2023 11:12 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
It sounds to me that Jardiance is the one that runs out in Europe because it is used to lose weight, but do not pay much attention to me.

If until August you have no review, I would try 4 days without metformin to see how such, if the levels rise to me, I would take it again.It is that I am of little chemistry .... I never finish the treatments, I leave them as soon as I see myself well, I know that it is not due, but I hate chemistry in my body.With insulin I am already left over.

Thanks for the comment.

I have read a little about these new medications and it does not really serve to lose weight.Well, indirectly a little because in theory it improves insulin, pancreas and glucose functionality (surplus glucose is eliminated in urine), but I have not read that they use it to lose weight.

Something of these medications is that the doctor told me that beyond lowering blood glucose the main effect and the most important things is that it is a nephroprotector.

Perhaps together with good nutrition and exercises help weight loss.

I walk 30 to 45 minutes 5 days a week and it helps me a lot with glucose, with my mood and in general.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
06/11/2023 5:49 p.m.

matrix said:
ruthbia said:
sounds to me that Jardiance is the one that is exhausted in Europe because it is used to lose weight, but do not do much case.

If until August you have no review, I would try 4 days without metformin to see how such, if the levels rise to me, I would take it again.It is that I am of little chemistry .... I never finish the treatments, I leave them as soon as I see myself well, I know that it is not due, but I hate chemistry in my body.With insulin I am already left over.

Thanks for the comment.

I have read a little about these new medications and it does not really serve to lose weight.Well, indirectly a little because in theory it improves insulin, pancreas and glucose functionality (surplus glucose is eliminated in urine), but I have not read that they use it to lose weight.

Something of these medications is that the doctor told me that beyond lowering blood glucose the main effect and the most important things is that it is a nephroprotector.

Perhaps together with good nutrition and exercises help weight loss.

I walk 30 to 45 minutes 5 days a week and it helps me a lot with glucose, with my mood and in general.

Apparently it is also a cardioprotective.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/11/2023 10:52 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

IsabelBota: "Apparently it is also a cardioprotective."

It is correct, Cardio and Nephro Protector, my doctor explicitly told me.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
06/12/2023 5:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.