{'en': 'Sensor Management in Summer', 'es': 'Manejo del sensor en verano'} Image

Sensor Management in Summer

Sandman's profile photo   06/16/2023 11:24 a.m.

Good morning, I've been looking at the issues but I haven't found the answer to my doubts.

This will be my first summer with the sensor and I do not know very well how to drive it with the theme of the pools or the beach.

I have been looking at adhesive patches to prevent them from taking off for bathe in a pool or in the sea and I have seen in Diabetika a kind of bands like neoprene that I think they can do that function, how do you see it?

Another thing (which is what I have opened this issue) is that I wanted to ask you how you do with your mobile while you are taking a bath, do you have it on one of those waterproof covers?Do you leave it out while you give yourself a bath?

In that last case, I suppose you will disable the alarms of signal loss, because if not as soon as you separate yourself from the mobile, I would already be giving the can with the Bluetooth disconnection warnings.

I await your advice and I wish you a good but hot day.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
06/16/2023 11:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
Well, I have been on the sensor for a patch or piece of kinesiological tape all year and with that I bathe and well.I see him spectacular neoprene ...
Regarding mobile phone, as non -diabetics, stay out of the water in the bag.And I personally have always deactivated the alarms of signal loss, I see well that you disable it.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/16/2023 12:32 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Well, I usually leave the mobile in the capo and bathe.At the Diabox exit, FreeLink I have it over and recover data.

The only thing that does not scare yourself if the sun gives you a lot and you get a very hot sensor message wait 10 min.

I do not cover it with anything, and it does not fall.I only dropped a free 1 in 2016, then the adhesives improved.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/17/2023 3:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do the same as Ruthbia, I leave it in the bag, in the towel and bath with him without any extra protection, both in pool and in beach, and none have never taken off for it.
In fact, I have already released the bomb cannula in both environments and it has not taken off without putting anything special either.So @sandman and enjoy the summer without aquatic restrictions!: Smiley:

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
06/19/2023 3:37 p.m.

I am now spending a few days on the beach.I bathe at sea and do 40 minutes of swimming in the pool.The sensor is not flushing.I carry it covered with the bikini braga without tape, hair.
I removed the signal loss alarm from the beginning.It gives a lot of can when you move away from the mobile, which happens at home and in the office.And also when I swim, that the mobile stays in the backpack.
Enjoy your bathrooms at sea, the sensor keeps 8 -hour data, so you have no worry about being with the mobile disconnected sensor.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/20/2023 12:22 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I am now spending a few days on the beach.I bathe at sea and do 40 minutes of swimming in the pool.The sensor is not flushing.I carry it covered with the bikini braga without tape, hair.
I removed the signal loss alarm from the beginning.It gives a lot of can when you move away from the mobile, which happens at home and in the office.And also when I swim, that the mobile stays in the backpack.
Enjoy your bathrooms in the sea, the sensor keeps 8 -hour data, so you have no worry about being with the mobile disconnected sensor.

I carry it in my arm because I have not dared to put it on the buttocks as you recommend many of you, and I have never had take -off problems.
I will try to take it "to hair" and take some spare in case something happens.
It is that wearing a plastic sticker on the arm for 2 weeks, such as not (and I do not mean the sensor itself, but the protector that the educator gave me).That is why I have been looking at other non -adhesive options, such as fastening bands Link or some bands of nylon Link that sell on Amazon.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
06/20/2023 9:11 a.m.

I am on the beach 😀 lying on the sunbed and sensor premiere today.It measures fatal as always by day 1. Tomorrow I calibrate it with Diabox.
I brought one more in case, double insulin fast, (the basal I bought it here), 1 whole needle and 1 box of strips.Like every year.
This is life !!!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2023 1:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I am on the beach 😀 lying on the lounge and sensor premiere today.It measures fatal as always by day 1. Tomorrow I calibrate it with Diabox.
I brought one more in case, double insulin fast, (the basal I bought it here), 1 whole needle and 1 box of strips.Like every year.
This is life !!!

What envy!

I go on vacation to the beach on July 1.

Enjoy a lot.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
06/21/2023 1:59 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I am on the beach 😀 lying on the lounge and sensor premiere today.It measures fatal as always by day 1. Tomorrow I calibrate it with Diabox.
This is life !!!

How good, I enjoy, I still have it and I also do not know when because we are in the process of transfers from Plaza q they have occurred to them now with all the plannd holidays already done, but I hope that I touch me soon as you I need italready.
Have a very good time that then it passes very soon!

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/24/2023 12:08 a.m.

Thank you @meginer say that I am not doing any exercise and I am Ploff, I have had to reduce insulin and I still have mysterious hypos.
Cisco returns to the inner dry dry dryland, I'm sure I'm going to the other end.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/24/2023 11:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Wasn't it in summer when insulin resistance is reduced?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/24/2023 12:39 p.m.

ruthbia said:
thanks @meginer say that I am not doing any exercise and I am Ploff, I had to reduce insulin and still I have mysterious hypos.
Cisco returns to the inner dry dry dryland, I'm sure I'm going to the other end.

The five days that have also had several daily hypos on the beach.
I did exercise (20,000 steps and 1200 meters swimming) I had to reduce toujeo from 14 to 11 and put half of Humalog.
I spent the return journey without getting out of 160 and here I have returned to my usual values.This is crazy, there is no one who understands it

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/24/2023 1:04 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

diabetic said:
was not in summer when insulin resistance was reduced?

That's how it is.Especially if you are on vacation and make life more active.Office hours are extra resistance.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/24/2023 1:08 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

The monthly magazine edited by the Spanish Diabetes Federation speaks of the glycemic uncontrol that we can have with the heat of summer

Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/24/2023 1:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.