Be an immigrant in Spain with diabetes

FlorAtha's profile photo   07/13/2023 3:02 p.m.

Hello!What a joy to find this forum!

I tell you, I am Argentina.Things here are very complicated and social works are complicating each day plus the delivery of inputs.Each order is every 3 months, and take a month of comings and turns to accept the papers and deliver, if you get it.At this time I find problems to get my inputs, and the truth is that I am tired of being here, it is impossible to have controlled diabetes like this!My boyfriend is a Spanish citizen and we are thinking about emigrating.

Do you know how can you get inputs there?Is there any social work or medical insurance for immigrants?Public health favors the delivery of inputs?

I'm really desperate, I hope to have this information soon.

I thank you very much for your attention and good predisposition!

FlorAtha's profile photo
FlorAtha
07/13/2023 3:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Floatha In Spain the health system is public and universal, it serves all, national visitors and immigrants.
If you come to Spain, the first thing is to register where one lives to assign you a doctor, he will prescribe insulin and derives the endocrine who checks your guideline and may value you for sensors or insulin pumps.
The medications are subsidized and pay based on our income.
To make an idea, I pay 4.35euros per insulina novorapid, 5 roads.No subsidy without 80 and peak.Glycemia sensors are also free and strips, needles and lancetas.

My sister -in -law has lived in Buenos Aires for 7 years and they are thinking about returning too.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/14/2023 10:49 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia thank you very much for your answer!I am very calm to read you.If I end up deciding to go, I will do everything possible to add with my person and help as far as possible there, do not feel a burden!Thank you thanks.

FlorAtha's profile photo
FlorAtha
07/31/2023 6:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.