{'en': 'When to put fast insulin with type 2 diabetes?', 'es': '¿Cuándo poner insulina rápida con diabetes tipo 2?'} Image

When to put fast insulin with type 2 diabetes?

ACABALLERO's profile photo   07/15/2023 6:33 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon.

I have 2 diabetes and I put a quick insulin Apidra before breakfast and I don't know very well with how long it is ideal to put it before starting the intake.

I put it right to start but I have read that it is better to let wait a few minutes.

How do you do it?

Breakfast sow the same (validated by my diabetes nurse): a slice of comprehensive spelled bread with humus or tomato with a little Ave, a kiwi and a coffee with skim milk (length of milk).

Thanks in advance !!

ACABALLERO's profile photo
ACABALLERO
07/15/2023 6:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

justallero said:
hello, good afternoon.I have 2 diabetes and I put a quick insulin Apidra before breakfast and I don't know very well with how long it is ideal to put it before starting the intake.I put it right to start but I have read that it is better to let wait a few minutes.How do you do it?Breakfast sow the same (validated by my diabetes nurse): a slice of inewtegral pan with humus or tomato with a little Aove, a kiwi and a coffee with skim milk (length of milk).Thanks in advance

Is that the way of seeing when it is the best time is with a sensor.I was trying and depending on the type of bread and what I put it because I needed more or less waiting time.It's about matching maximum rise peak with maximum insulin action, that is, avoiding glucose peaks and I see that with the sensor.
In general I have to click half an hour before breakfast.When I put tuna and hard egg to the bread, as is a lot of protein, it rises more slowly and with 15/20 minutes of waiting it is fine.With the cold more waiting time than with heat, which makes insulin faster.It's rehearsal-error, really.
I tell you a thing about your breakfast.I see a lot of hydrate and little protein.You endure well without hunger all morning?
I notice much difference if the toast only tomatoes and oil or if I add protein.In the second case I get more slowly and endure more satiated time.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/15/2023 7:19 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thanks for your answer!Unfortunately I have no sensor (in Madrid the type 2 still does not supply them even if I am on the waiting list, I continue with the glucometer 6 times a day).On the protein, the nurse told me that with the milk it was enough, but I will try to put a turkey sheriff or a little tun

ACABALLERO
07/15/2023 7:52 p.m.

I agree with @isabelBota Pan and Humus is a barbarity of morning hydrates, and the chickpea is slow absorption, 3-4 hours are going up to me

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
07/15/2023 8:40 p.m.

diabetic said:
I agree with @isabelbota bread and humus is a barbarity of hydrates for the morning, and the chickpea is slow absorption, it is going up 3-4 hoursBlockquote>
Oh!Well, my nurse has not told me anything (I suppose that, as I know that I do not like legumeTuna, hard egg ... and to put the insulin before starting to make me breakfast to see how.Thank you!

ACABALLERO
07/15/2023 9:08 p.m.

justallero said:
diabetic said:
I agree with @isabelbota bread and humus is a barbarity of hydrates for the morning, and the chickpea is of absorptionSlowly, I am going up 3-4 hours

Oh!Well, my nurse has not told me anything (I suppose that, as I know that I do not like legumeTuna, hard egg ... and to put the insulin before starting to make me breakfast to see how.Thank you!

Well, without belittling anyone in the end, the one who usually knows about diabetes is diabetic, and especially each one is the one who knows how things affect him because this is anything but an exact science.I take fruit in the morning and hit a peak.However, my doctor told me that the fruit did not go up 🫣🫣.
That is why I tell you that to see if there is luck and give you the sensor soon because you are going to freak out of everything you are going to discover.
I paid it two years and this has finally granted it social security (in Andalusia they already give it to type 2 insulin -dependent).I wouldn't know how to live without him.

isabelbota
07/15/2023 11:05 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Not me :)

diabestico
07/15/2023 11:43 p.m.

A question as a result of the sensor, I have been considering it for a while because I see that the subsidized will take (if in the end they give it to me).And the doubt is that my endocrine told me that they would call me before to give me some courses to learn to put it and its operation (which now seems to be managed primary eatence and that is why the delays), but if I buy it, howI learn its use?

Today I started the new breakfast with protein, waiting 20 min from insulin, and the figures are good I believe, 101 before breakfast and 121 two hours later.

ACABALLERO
07/16/2023 12:03 p.m.

justallero said:
a question as a result of the sensor, I have been considering it for a while because I see that the subsidized will take long (if in the end they give it to me).And the doubt is that my endocrine told me that they would call me before to give me some courses to learn to put it and its operation (which now seems to be managed primary eatence and that is why the delays), but if I buy it, howI learn its use?

Today I started the new breakfast with protein, waiting 20 min from insulin, and the figures are good I believe, 101 before breakfast and 121 two hours later.

The sensor comes with simple instructions, you will not have probjemma, no one gave me a course and they are phenomenal

diabestico
07/16/2023 1:23 p.m.

justallero said:
a question as a result of the sensor, I have been considering it for a while because I see that the subsidized will take long (if in the end they give it to me).And the doubt is that my endocrine told me that they would call me before to give me some courses to learn to put it and its operation (which now seems to be managed primary eatence and that is why the delays), but if I buy it, howI learn its use?

With the sensor you will see what happens with your glucose between those 101 and 121.
It may be that you have a fairly pronounced peak and do not know.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/16/2023 3 p.m.

@Acaballero: On YouTube you can find many explanatory videos of free freestyle 2

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/16/2023 5:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

sandman said:
justallero said:
a question as a result of the sensor, I have been considering it for a while because I see that I see that the subsidized is going to take(If in the end they give it to me).And the doubt is that my endocrine told me that they would call me before to give me some courses to learn to put it and its operation (which now seems to be managed primary eatence and that is why the delays), but if I buy it, howI learn its use?

With the sensor you will see what happens with your glucose between those 101 and 121.

My glycosada from July of last year (which I entered into emergencies with 13,7)I learn more, you will go to better

ACABALLERO
07/16/2023 7:27 p.m.

ricki21 said:
@justallero: On YouTube you can find many explanatory videos of free freestyle 2

Thank you, I will look at it

ACABALLERO
07/16/2023 7:28 p.m.

Until what a peak after eating is it considered normal?They told me that less than 180 but I don't know if that is a lot

ACABALLERO
07/16/2023 7:30 p.m.

My experience, mine not to create confusion.
80% of days at 5:00 when I get up I go for 200/220 I put 5 units of insulin (Humalog) and until an hour and a half do I can't go down to 140 pyrric trees ..... Then I take myselfHalf a glass of milk with a cookie of those that everything is seeds and without sugar and I immediately rise to 200 and hopefully when I eat it with 120 approx.
I mean, as you go seeing the times.I am clear that in my case the Albas play me a bad pass and tired.

susal's profile photo
susal
07/24/2023 6:54 a.m.

its said:
my experience, mine not to create confusion.
80% of days at 5:00 when I get up I go for 200/220 I put 5 units of insulin (Humalog) and until an hour and a half do I can't go down to 140 pyrric trees ..... Then I take myselfHalf a glass of milk with a cookie of those that everything is seeds and without sugar and I immediately rise to 200 and hopefully when I eat it with 120 approx.
I mean, as you go seeing the times.I am sure that in my case the Albas play me a bad pass and tired.

If you get up so high you must have the slow badly adjusted.His is to get up below 120.

isabelbota
07/24/2023 7:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.