{'en': 'The revolutionary Sevillian invention that ends with the punctures to measure blood glucose', 'es': 'El revolucionario invento sevillano que acaba con los pinchazos para medir la glucosa en sangre'} Image

The revolutionary Sevillian invention that ends with the punctures to measure blood glucose

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/27/2023 7:26 p.m.

Well, what a whore.

And also because I imagine that Apple and Samsung Watch that they are investigating to measure sugar should use technologies similar to it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/06/2024 7:50 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Without blood or without interstitial liquid, nothing.It does not work if the measures are not precise

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/07/2024 4:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

marine said:
Aflores said:
Hello, it is curious about this company Sevillana and its "revolutionary" invention.Apple, possibly the largest world technology company, has been research for the development of a non -invasive glucose meter and seems to have a few to be able to integrate it into a smartwatch and that it is operational and effective.And look where, a Sevillian company says it has it and sells it for € 175 plus a monthly subscription.By the way, on the website there is no telephone or management of the company, only a contact form and the link to the purchase of the article.
Anyway, as that one would say, I don't know Rick ....

It is easier to want to destroy an idea by launching dice, than to look for a little information and see that this is real, especially when there are stories of people who have tested the product among them, myself.

Link
Link
Link
Link

Another where the interview is done in the facilities themselves

Link

In the end...

I didn't want to comment on whether to inform me ... of all the links that are put here, only 2 ... the others are removed.

I would like to find some article in which it details how infrared can detect the blood glucose level ... I do not know any diagnostic test in medicine that uses them ...

Also reading this thread, I have learned Apple's purpose to make a watch that read directly read glucose, and now I understand why there is no app that facilitates Abbott's reading ... and you have to do so many tricks to get it in a way"illegal".
We are always money and business.
(Edito: They have been investigating this technology for 12 years: optical absorption spectroscopy.
A laser is emitted with a specific wavelength that allows the skin to be crossed and that, when reflected, allow to analyze the concentration of glucose.
They already have the prototype requested on a device for the size of an iPhone, but it is clear it is unfeasible to take it to the arm ... let's give them time, they will take it out).

With all this ... I don't want to take away anyone, but I don't see it.I have seen so many things, so many news, so many "inventions" in my 34 years of diabetics ...
The other day I also got a kind of device that you put my finger and also read the glucose.As?He doesn't explain it ...
At the moment I will continue with the sensors.If they finally work and refine, I will be happy (and also Spanish !!) and I will buy it happy with a little thing that helps us.

And now, one last reflection.All bet on measurement systems. And gadgets to improve our lives ... the commitment to the cure?Money ... money ... moneyooooo ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/07/2024 10:37 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

It gives me the impression that non -diabetics have as a kind of obsession with punctures.I am DM1 since the age of 5 and for me the problem has never been that.There was a time when I had, let's see: 3 quickly, 2 slowly and at least 6-8 glycemia, more than a dozen punctures a day and nothing happened to me or I am traumatized by suffering.

And this is the only thing that solves the Sevillian invention, the non-problem.They use an absorption method in close IR + Data correlation in the cloud with which they get a great Clarke graph.Better than those of oxidase glucometers regarding reference methods?Better than current sensors, which are also portable and continuous?- No, hey.The only advantage is that the fungible, strips, needles, transmitters, sensors, all that has always given me free social security disappear.

They have achieved a precise non -invasive method, which is remarkable, but I humbly think that it is useless.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/11/2024 1:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Oxygen is measured without problems, why not glucose?
Bayer patented a similar system for many years and keep it in a drawer.
How were you going to get the money, every month?
I hope they don't sell the patent, or load it

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/11/2024 2:33 p.m.

juance said:
oxygen is measured without problems, why not glucose?
Bayer patented a similar system for many years and keep it in a drawer.
How were you going to get the money, every month?
I hope they don't sell the patent, nor do they load it

Oxygen saturation directly affects hemoglobin and therefore color: correlation is direct.The glucose is not easy.In fact, part of what Sevillians do is a cloud calibration program;Some user has put not very good results of a relative.

About 20 years ago, some Danes developed a device that mediates blood glucose by IR spectroscopy methods.Similar to the Sevillians, although it was different method.They implemented it in the form of a clock, that is, as a portable sensor, which on the screen gave you the glycemia figure every little time.Danish Social Security acquired it for its DM1s and began to talk about implementing it throughout Europe.I remember and I have the name of the Piratesca company that planned to sell it in Spain, at the price of a luxury car and a monthly subscription.

What happened was that Danish head doctors realized that he marked badly in most cases.That is, although clinical trials had been very good, the mass implementation in practice was bad to the point of being useless.They withdrew it, they revoked the European seal, and in the end the manufacturer closed.

There are still remains of this story online, seek.The device was called Pendra.(And if someone has an interest, I can send you a couple of files that I keep).

A conspiracy of biotechnology to continue earning money with fungibles?- It can be a factor, of course.But, on the one hand, anyone can calculate how much to load you for a single device in front of another and an entire life of supplies: the company to which I have referred had the account very well done, there came strips and devices for 2 or 3 lives.On the other, it seems to me that what happens is simply that non -invasive methods are worse than direct with strips or threads or canules under the skin.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/18/2024 2:25 p.m.

Sandman said:
Hopefully it works as they say in the article.
If so, I would not hesitate for a moment to buy it.
Only in strips I can spend perfectly double annually.

Do not have them financed by Social Security?

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
08/25/2024 12:41 p.m.

Joan111 said:
sandman said:
hopefully work as they say in the article.
If so, I would not hesitate for a moment to buy it.
Only in strips I can spend perfectly double annually.

You don't have them financed by Social Security?

When they give us the sensor they take away our strips (they give us 1 box every 4 months, so we have to buy more).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/25/2024 11:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.