{'en': 'Food and sport with type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Alimentación y Deporte con Diabetes Tipo 1'} Image

Food and sport with type 1 diabetes

JordiV's profile photo   08/09/2023 5:57 p.m.

jordiv said:
silviagrz said:
@jordiv And how many grams would you take ...?I suppose it will depend on whether it is every day, how much is the dose ... etc.
For example, what would you take, every day 16 Great of powders with water?32?

This is what I would take at each departure 3 times a week.

Well, 16g which is what it indicates, it is 1 ration of hydrates.Take it into account when taking it and that's it.
It is not so much.
If you calculate well, there are no problems 👍🏻

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/17/2024 10:59 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

jordiv said:
hello!

I have diabetes from a young age (25 years old) now I have 63, I usually play light sports, walk, gym of strength, and low intensity, regularly.

For several years, I have made mountain cycling as an amateur with a group of colleagues, we are going to have fun with 50-60 kms routes.And now I explain the situation that I want to fix, and that at the moment I do not see where to catch it.

My glucose levels are usually (without using the bicycle) in many correct rank (110 -160), although sometime, as most, we are triggered.

In the morning (today) when I wake up I am in 90, and I leave the route, with a tea, 20gg HC.

To half a route, the gluco level is in 150, and that is then, when we stop to eat (some), have coffee, pasta, nuts, etc, and I drink a coffee alone, and a barite of the decathlonWith HC with:

Nutritional information every 100gr: 65 HC, Sugar 28, and during the return route I get the glucose to points of 250/280, and arriving home it reaches 150 again.

I have also tried by indication of the doctor, to eat at the stop some bread, with ham, turkey, etc., and the same thing happens to me, I do not find the way to adjust these unevenness with the bicycle.

In the event that at half a route, reaching gluco levels approx.Between 100 - 140 and just have a coffee, I am afraid, that missing half a route, I get too much and enter hip.

I appreciate your knowledge and help, to try to improve this the situation that has been worried.

Thank you.

P.S.I have seen a title with: Food - Type 1 diabetes, but I do not contemplate food and sport, and I have chosen to put a new theme.If it's not right, forgive me.

I practice the same sport and now I have a bit crazy glycemia because of the corticosteroids but normally I carry an energy bar for possible hypos (it almost always comes back) and for the route an isotonic drink without sugar or its peers (dextrose,sucrose, fructose ...) to avoid possible cramps;And to eat, nuts, almonds, some other dates or dry, hazelnut, banana, etc ...
At breakfast I prepare a French tortilla or tenderloin with an integral or rye bread (40 grams or so) and 250 ml of soy milk with pure and natural cocoa (cocoa will give you a plus on the route on the route).
And remember that ours is to enjoy nature by putting us in shape;Competing is for others.

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/22/2024 10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello partner.
I in particular I panic to the hip, I would like to bring a good level of glucose during the route, but it costs me a lot.
What isotonic drinking brand speech?
The bananas, dates, and figs, don't you upload sugar?
For breakfast, do you put insulin, and then breakfast everything you comment?
Ah, the tenderloin I don't know what it is.You will tell me.
What pure cocoa do you take?

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
07/23/2024 7:49 p.m.

Prankman.
A question.
What clock do you use on glucose control routes?
.Garmin
.SINT.
Etc.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
07/23/2024 8:52 p.m.

jordiv said:
hello partner.
I in particular I panic to the hip, I would like to bring a good level of glucose during the route, but it costs me a lot.
What isotonic drinking brand speech?
The bananas, dates, and figs, don't you upload sugar?
For breakfast, do you put insulin, and then breakfast everything you comment?
Ah, the tenderloin I don't know what it is.You will tell me.
What pure cocoa do you take?

- Let's go by;I am type 2 diabetic and I resist metformin so right now I control the glycemia based on diet and sport;Now not low of 130 but it is because of the corticosteroids.
- The isotonic drink that I drink (I suppose there will be many more) and I do not have an impact on the indices is that of Aquarius Zero, it is also true that it does not help as much as I took years ago when I was not afflicted with this disease.
- As for figs, bananas, dates their glycemic index is approximately in 50 which makes them "tolerable";While you are doing a demanding exercise you will "burn" and talk about a prudential amount (a banana or 3-4 dates or figs combined with the nuts that I quote you).
- The pure cocoa that I have taken so far is that of the Colacao and Value brand (the two of very good quality so buy the one you find cheapest) and remember to be "pure and natural" without chemical processes ofAlkalinization since it loses in this process almost 60% of the antioxidants that benefit us so much, its glycemic index is around 20. This cocoa sweetens it with Estevia because otherwise I can not take it as bitter.In Amazon you have both;I don't know if you can put links of this type.
- The tenderloin is an sausage that is removed from the spine of the pig and that almost everything is lean therefore proteins;Look in Google and you'll see what it is.I also have a French fillet or omelette in an appropriate bread.
- As for the subsequent question that clock I use already tell you that I do not require so much control today but by quality as they comment in the cycling groups that I move I think Garmin is the best.My controls when I go out before leaving and when I arrive and all correct until these days of corticosteroid treatment that is a riot.

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/24/2024 9:18 a.m.

I always carry these bars on the hiking routes.They have almost no sugar and spelled rise very constant without large peaks.I leave them in my backpack in case I need (a banana cannot be left in the backpack ...)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/24/2024 10:34 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Those of Lidl are the ones I usually wear but I almost always bring them back.

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/24/2024 8:01 p.m.

Of nuts I prefer these, even if they have some more sugar, because in total they have 8 grams of hydrates.Everything more than 10 grams rises too much.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/24/2024 9:29 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello everyone,

My name is Antonio, I am an amateur road cyclist and I enjoy practicing this sport always, mainly to keep the body in motion.I have been diabetic type 1. I would like to share with you how I prepare and make my cycling routes.

For example, on Saturday, July 27, I made the longest route so far of the year, touring almost 138 km in 5 hours and 22 minutes.I left at 8:00 in the morning, having taken several glasses of water and some magnesium to prepare my body for the route of that day.He had five jelly snacks with me with Guayaba jam and three energy brand energy bars.

During the route, due to excess heat, I had to stop to refuel water.In total, I think I drank about 2 liters of water and more ate two bananas.Despite the heat, I finished the route without much fatigue.The next day, I was able to make a soft 75 km route to relax the legs.

Greetings to all!

NEKgatoDULCE's profile photo
NEKgatoDULCE
07/28/2024 4:05 p.m.

Hello.
There are my questions to learn.
Before drinking the water vessels what was the gluco level?
The snacks, and the bars I see that they carry a lot of sugar and a lot of HC.
How often do you take the HC?
With everything you have taken after 5h to 74 glucose?
In my case, (I do BTT, with 50/60km), I go out in the morning to 140 gluco (there are days of everything) with slow insulin, and 1 te.
At the time I am at 220 approx, and at the 2nd hour at the stop to drink Cafè, I usually be at 150/170.
I take coffee with milk, 1 banana, and at half an hour I climb almost 280 gluco.
After 4h approx, I get home about 160.
I don't know if this is fine.
Another doubt, I try to bring the gluco data at the Garmin Però many times it is disconnected, and I get a rat in the middle, without sending data.I have caused different options to take it visible in the Garmin, and I do not finish having it.What can you tell me?

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
07/28/2024 5:14 p.m.

Hello.
There are my questions to learn.
Before drinking the water vessels what was the gluco level?

As you can see on the screen of Xdrip of that day, it had 150 glycemia.So before leaving, I administered a dose of 2 units of fast insulin Humalog Junior.If my blood glucose level is in the range of up to 120, I apply 1 fast insulin unit Humalog Junior.

The snacks, and the bars I see that they carry a lot of sugar and a lot of HC.

so, they are almost pure sugar.As I have the Garmin 520 plus with the glycemic value that is updated every 5 minutes connected to XDrip, I base my decisions in that value.If I see that it starts to lower very fast, consume one or half snacks while still pedaling and I check the glycymic curve.Instead, if glycemia is stable and the descent is very slow, I just take a bite from a bar.All this depends on the glycemia levels that are marking.

How often do you take the HC?

There is no fixed schedule to eat;It all depends on my glycemic level during the route and the difference between the penultimate and the last reading.I adjust to this difference.In some routes, barely consumption food, while in others, like everything, the key is to learn to eat testing.If, for example, you consume a snack room, you must observe how much your glycemic level increases.Use this information as a reference to handle possible sugar declines in the future.

With everything you have taken after 5h to 74 glucose?

74 of glycemia usually seems like a good value, although then you have to adjust well between the rapid and slow insulin, taking into account that the slow insulin I inject it to me15:30 in the afternoon.

In my case, (I do BTT, with 50/60km), I go out in the morning to 140 gluco (there are days of everything) with slow insulin, and 1 te.

I leave the exercise with 1 fast unit with glycymic value up to 120 If I am highest I upload the amount of fast, the slow one click at 15:30afternoon

At the time I am at 220 approx, and at the 2nd hour at the stop to drink Cafè, I usually be at 150/170.
I take coffee with milk, 1 banana, and at half an hour I climb almost 280 gluco.

milk is not suitable for me due to its high fat content and that can lead to glycemia quickly, my stomach during exercise does not like having anything aboutfat less milk.As for banana, it only consumes it on routes of more than 80 km.In any case, it is crucial to review your glycemia before eating it and adjust the amount as necessary.

After 4h approx, I get home about 160.
I don't know if this is fine.

A level of 160 is acceptable, but my goal is to reduce and normalize blood glucose.Therefore, what I would do with that 160 glycemia is to manage a quick insulin dose to lower the level a bit.Then, consume some protein, such as a soy drink or a protein milkshake, to make sure my blood glucose is normalized before eating.I always check the evolution of the glycemic curve to adjust my approach as necessary.

Another doubt, I try to bring the gluco data at the Garmin Però many times it is disconnected, and I get a rat in the middle, without sending data.I have caused different options to take it visible in the Garmin, and I do not finish having it.What can you tell me?

solution to this cluster free freeyle 2 through bubble + xDrip travel is the best according to my experience. Since I started using the direct connection between xDrip and free freeyle2,I have experienced disconnections during my routes.Before, I used the Bubble + XDrip to connect with free freestyle 2, and never had disconnection problems.However, as the bubble has broken, I am now using the direct connection.When I notice that the glycemia values ​​on the Garmin screen or at the my band are irregular or the numbers have a scratch of disconnection, I try to stop and reconnect the device.Before 2020, I made my routes without free freestyle and managed everything based on sensations, which resulted in total lack of control, although I kept doing sports.

NEKgatoDULCE
07/29/2024 1:59 p.m.

Yesterday, Sunday, July 28,

We made a shorter route of 70 km at a relaxed rate (average 25), and glycemic values ​​were relatively more controlled.
As can be seen in the graph, at 9:00 I experienced a drop in glycemia.

I ate a snack, and the level rose to 140 in 20 minutes.At 11:00 we stopped in a bar and took two light coca-colas, at 12:00 hours it is a house I consumed a glass of orange juice to trace glycemia a little.

As for food, I attach a link:
Link
Very useful that explains the importance of carbohydrates (such as pasta) and proteins.Therefore, I recommend that the day before the activity you consume some of this.During the exercise, I prefer to perform the exercise on an empty stomach and, if necessary, fill the stomach during the route.

NEKgatoDULCE
07/29/2024 2:20 p.m.

Can you answer this picture of questions?: D

What time did you get?
At 9h during the route you had a hypo?
Can you tell me what application do you see the history of glucose?
I can see it, I carry the free freestyle app
Before leaving, and being at a low level of glucose, do you put 1ud of insulin without eating anything?
Do I see that at 2pm you eat 40gr HC with 4 ud of insulin rà?
Thank you so much.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
07/29/2024 3:57 p.m.

Can you answer this picture of questions?: D

depends

What time did you get?

output time 8:00 am

... It seems that if I was aware and could give pedals as crazy, the important thing is to eat something to overcome ...

I use xDrip and I find it more comfortable;I like other options.

also ...

Before leaving, and being at a low level of glucose, do you put 1ud of insulin without eating anything?

glycemia was low that morning, so to upload it I took some dextrose and administered 1 insulin units in the buttock, which is the most absorption zoneslow, so that the effect of insulin is slower.

At 2:00 pm it was the time I started eating so insulin fast ... I need it seen that I am type 1 diabetic, insulin is my bestPlan, without it my body becomes a carnival, and the total chaos is the great festival!

Thank you so much.

Link
Link
Link

NEKgatoDULCE
07/29/2024 4:21 p.m.

nekgatodulce said:
yesterday, Sunday July 28,

We made a shorter route of 70 km at a relaxed rate (average 25), and glycemic values ​​were relatively more controlled.

I ate a snack, and the level rose to 140 in 20 minutes.At 11:00 we stopped in a bar and took two light coca-colas, at 12:00 hours it is a house I consumed a glass of orange juice to trace glycemia a little.

Link
Very useful that explains the importance of carbohydrates (such as pasta) and proteins.Therefore, I recommend that the day before the activity you consume some of this.During the exercise, I prefer to perform the exercise on an empty stomach and, if necessary, fill the stomach during the route.

Hello.
Seen the super nutrition video of "Pogacar" on the Tour, which is fantastic, but this we have diabetes, we cannot do it.

The data with XDRIP, where to visualize them?
How can I do it to have this data (to see them continuously) when you make routes, both bike and running?

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
07/29/2024 8:11 p.m.

nekgatodulce said:
Can you answer this sheet of questions?: D

depends

What time did you get?

output time 8:00 am

... It seems that if I was aware and could give pedals as crazy, the important thing is to eat something to overcome ...

I use xDrip and I find it more comfortable;I like other options.

also ...

glycemia was low that morning, so to upload it I took some dextrose and administered 1 insulin units in the buttock, which is the most absorption zoneslow, so that the effect of insulin is slower.

At 2:00 pm it was the time I started eating so insulin fast ... I need it seen that I am type 1 diabetic, insulin is my bestPlan, without it my body becomes a carnival, and the total chaos is the great festival!

Thank you so much.

Link
Link
Link

Thank you very much "Zero of English"

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
07/29/2024 8:14 p.m.

You can put subtitles in the Spanish language

Link
Link

NEKgatoDULCE
07/29/2024 8:29 p.m.

nekgatodulce said:
hello everyone,

My name is Antonio, I am an amateur road cyclist and I enjoy practicing this sport always, mainly to keep the body in motion.I have been diabetic type 1. I would like to share with you how I prepare and make my cycling routes.

For example, on Saturday, July 27, I made the longest route so far of the year, touring almost 138 km in 5 hours and 22 minutes.I left at 8:00 in the morning, having taken several glasses of water and some magnesium to prepare my body for the route of that day.He had five jelly snacks with me with Guayaba jam and three energy brand energy bars.

During the route, due to excess heat, I had to stop to refuel water.In total, I think I drank about 2 liters of water and more ate two bananas.Despite the heat, I finished the route without much fatigue.The next day, I was able to make a soft 75 km route to relax the legs.

Greetings to all!

The Veleños or Bars of Guayaba that you say rises the glucose levels spectacularly and I know why I had to stop eating them, you say that you are vigilant with your watch and others but that does not mean that it is a petarch.

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/30/2024 11:11 a.m.

jordiv said:
nekgatodulce said:
yesterday, Sunday July 28,

Link

Hello.
Seen the super nutrition video of "Pogacar" on the tour, which is fantastic, but this we have diabetes, we cannot do it.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
07/30/2024 4:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.