{'en': 'Vitamin d', 'es': 'Vitamina D'} Image

Vitamin d

meginer's profile photo   08/09/2023 10:41 p.m.

Hello,

I wanted to know your experience on this subject.We already know that vitamin D has actually been seen that it is a hormone and has multiple functions, among them for us, improving insulin resistance, improving autoimmunity (in type 1 or in lada).

Vitamin D deficits have been seen in the Diabetes Diabetes type 1 diagnoses and in my case, the truth is that since I ask the analytics, I always get low.

Any vit d? What and in what dose?

Has anyone noticed when taking it if you have less insulin resistance or better control?

It is said that if the vit D is upper can prevent more autoimmune diseases, I already have an autoimmune hypothyroidism apart from DB 1.

But you also have to be careful with high doses for the kidney.

I would like you to tell me.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/09/2023 10:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I take a vit d a month in summer and every 15 days the rest of the year I take hydroferol and I have not noticed anything in relation to resistance, if I take it it is because my endo prescribes it, but if I have it short

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/09/2023 11:27 p.m.

Type 2 diabetes
It was also prescribed to me my endocrine, I take it every 15 days (25,000 IU) for more than 1 year (it is seen that I had it short).I have no idea if it serves something ...

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
08/10/2023 12:10 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

I take hydroferol 1 per month and in winter time 1 every 15 days, you also have them more natural in tablets or drops on Amazon but they have to take each day and I did not remember and I went down, I have left me in the glycemiaNoticed anything weird, I continue with my hemoglobin at 6.3 and my normal glucose removing any rise or hypo that is normal to be diabetic

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
08/10/2023 10:32 a.m.

@meginer was prescribed by the endocrine in June to take it from October because now in summer I take the sun and climb me.
I will tell you if it reduces insulin resistance, hopefully.
It was a bit low and hydroferol prescribed me always had it well, it must be spent over time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/10/2023 7:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Deltius 25,000 UI hard capsules (there is in ampoules but I vomit, the texture it has, like oil, a little thicker, fatty, not tolerate it, even the little fat that may be in the stewed or grilled meat), one every 15 days.I must say that it still usually gives me short (and more when I forget).I have to take it since I stopped finding someone to sell me a couple of liters of natural milk (newly milked, then cook), it is known that the high temperatures process of the marketed milk (the one they sell cold in the super) Destroy the vitamin is ... before I took hydroferol but the gyne was changed because it says that the hydroferol has to "activate" and this is not (he told me otherwise, not exactly that way, but it was the essence ...or what I understood)

cgs's profile photo
cgs
08/10/2023 9:38 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

I take it every 21 days, since 2019, summer and winter.I have noticed less tired, diabetes all the same.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
08/10/2023 9:52 p.m.

Ask your doctor because it's so bad to be short how to go.By the way a doctor told me that in summer it was not highly advisablea vitamin compound of those who carry it but to see what he was doing.My ancient endocrine always asked me, the current never, only if I ask for it

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/11/2023 9:30 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Hello Meginer, tell you as a nutritionist that vitamin D prevents many diseases, the higher the better whether you do not pass from 100, something very difficult.Those who drink hydroferol or very high amounts every 15 days or every so often is why they are too high doses.Better take dose of 2000ui or 4000 to the whole year except in summer.
It is also very important to take magnesium because it makes vitamin D activate, because the one we usually take or the one we take through the sun is inactive.

Pepsigrany's profile photo
Pepsigrany
08/11/2023 3:20 p.m.

I do not know if vitamin D has become fashionable, because everyone finds a deficit.
I don't know what to think now .. it's weird.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/11/2023 3:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I do not know if vitamin D has become fashionable, because everyone find deficit.
I don't know what to think now .., it's weird.

I have read an article that said that the vitamin D deficit is not so much for lack of exposure to the sun but for alterations in the microbiota.The action of certain batteries to transform vitamin into the version that is useful to fix calcium into the bones is necessary.The current food that includes ultra -processed and fatty fats has altered the composition of the intestinal flora so we suffer inflammation, autoimmune diseases and vitamin D.

I beg a blister a month of hydroferol for at least 5 years because the gynecologist prescribed it to me.From my debut the endocrine has not studied me in any analysis the levels of vitamin D. I will include it in the list of questions that I want to ask Minueva Endocrina in the next consultation.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/11/2023 3:58 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thank you all, I am not taking it, well, I took a complement of vitamin D with k and with something else but on my own, it went up something but not much.In my last analytics about two months ago, I had 26 and peak, below 30 it is deficit and better between 40 and 60.
I will ask my endocrine, what he thinks, he has never told me anything but the truth is that for a long time, the new investigations point to q the vit d is more important than it seems, in adults prevents osteopenia (lack of calciumIn bones) q In diabetic women and after menopause, it is quite interesting, and at the hormonal level, it is an anti -inflammatory hormone, and chronic inflammation is the basis of autoimmune diseases because the immune system is constantly working and loses the differentiation of theown and strange.
The theme of intestinal dysbiosis is very impote TB and makes so many people have the vitamin D down apart from favoring chronic inflammation.
And in the DB type 1 diagnoses, studies have been done by determining the vit d and practically in all, it was low and supplementing with this vitamin, it has been seen that the honeymoon lasts much more, the pancreatic cells that work much more tpo are preserved, insulin needs are reduced and other autoimmune events are prevented since we already have an autoimmune disease, we are more likely to have more, and some like hypothyroidism, it is not invalidating but many others do.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/11/2023 5:15 p.m.

Hello everyone
I have been taking vitamin D for several years, by prescription of the endocrine.In a routine analysis I got low levels and since then I take a 0.266 mg hydroferol pill.fortnightly.When the level, still, is still low, the dose is given weekly for two months.Soil over.I have no medical knowledge or more informed.
I want to think that they have realized the important role of this vitamin, which apparently is a true hormone, and include it more often among the parameters to be measured in analytics.Depending on the results, supplements are taken.
And as @ salad says, perhaps the deficit may be due more to poor food and the alteration of the intestinal flora, than to the lack of exposure to sunlight.I am from the south and we are left over.

Greetings for everyone

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
08/15/2023 11:15 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

My wife is not diabetic, she has 86 of fasting glucose and 5.5 glucosilada.But his gynecologist sent him vitamin D for a while.What makes me strange is that I have sent him so much, they are 4000 IU can

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/20/2023 5:11 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
My wife is not diabetic, she has 86 fasting glucose and 5.5 glucosilada.But his gynecologist sent him vitamin D for a while.What makes me strange is that I have sent him so much, they are 4000 IU DAILY

Non diabetics can also have the vit d

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/20/2023 7:42 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.