{'en': 'Download fasting glycemia', 'es': 'Bajar glucemia en ayunas'} Image

Download fasting glycemia

Min's profile photo   08/14/2023 10:33 a.m.

Hello!
I have gestational diabetes.My blood glucose should be maintained at the following levels:

& lt; 90 mg/dl on an empty stomach.
& lt; 90 mg/dl before meals.
& lt; 140 mg/dl 1h after meals.

The measurements of before and after eating are kept in range, regardless of what eate, but the measurement of fasting usually passes a little of 90 mg/dl.

As an additional information, I will say that between dinner and breakfast usually pass around 10 h.I am not using insulin, or other pharmacological treatment.

I would like you to give me some tips for life styles and dietary habits to lower fasting glycemia, since being August they do not find me gap for appointment with the endocrine and I feel very helpless.

Thanks a lot!

Min's profile photo
Min
08/14/2023 10:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The gold rules are two, suppress everything you can HC and exercise, those of force better than aerobics and take the prescribed medication, encourage !!!

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/14/2023 1:11 p.m.

diabetic said:
the gold rules are two, suppress everything you can HC and exercise, those of force better than aerobics and take the prescribed medication, encourage !!!>

Hello!
I do not understand very well how I can be at 97 mg/dl 1h after dinner, and dawn at 93 mg/dl, after 10-11 hours of fasting.
I didn't think dinner HC could have so much impact so long, but I will try to reduce them.Thanks for the advice!

Min's profile photo
Min
08/14/2023 2:23 p.m.

min said:
diabetic said:
gold rules are two, suppress everything you can HC and exercise, those of force better than aerobicsand take the prescribed medication, encourage !!!

Hello!
I do not understand very well how I can be at 97 mg/dl 1h after dinner, and dawn at 93 mg/dl, after 10-11 hours of fasting.
I didn't think dinner HC could have so much impact so long, but I will try to reduce them.Thanks for the advice!

Let's see, something that happens when you wake up/start in the morning is that blood glucose usually rises.
Those of us who carry sensors with continuous measurement know it.
In my case I can be all night in values ​​90-100 and the alarm is played, lower the feet of the bed and put on 120-130 easy.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/14/2023 6:36 p.m.

Jo, I can't help you, because I get slowly on an empty stomach would be above 90. But for example if you are in 93, the meter is not accurate either, we can easily be that you are even below.I sometimes have it in 93 and my endocrine has never told me anything about that value, on the contrary, I have had a glycosylated below 5 and the last one in 5 without hypoglycemia or anything so it has been very good.The most unstable last weeks, but we are going that although they put that value if you are in 93 for example you are great and I believe that the endocrine will not give or importance.And if I wanted you to go down is that on an empty stomach is very difficult for what they tell you and maybe they would have to give you medication

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/14/2023 7:01 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

min said:
diabetic said:
gold rules are two, suppress everything you can HC and exercise, those of force better than aerobicsand take the prescribed medication, encourage !!!

Hello!

It is not for dinner hydrates.The Purde Liver Librar glucose in the blood through a process called glycogenolysis, which implies the decomposition of glycogen stored in the liver in glucose.This helps maintain glucose levels between meals or for fasting periods.The liver can also produce glucose from amino acids and other substrates in a process called gluconeogenesis.These mechanisms ensure constant glucose supply to meet the needs of the body.
97 A fast is a very good value, I do not understand the demand to be below 90.

Send to Message

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/14/2023 8:28 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thank you very much for the answers!
If it is not abusing, another doubt that I have is whether the measurement I have to do it 1h after having started eating, or 1h after having finished eating, can you guide me?

Min's profile photo
Min
08/14/2023 8:40 p.m.

Normally it is two hours after eating

diabestico
08/14/2023 9:18 p.m.

diabetic said:
is normally two hours after eating

But after having started eating, or after having finished eating?

Min's profile photo
Min
08/14/2023 9:21 p.m.

That depends, on whether it takes little to eat or it is a 2 -hour gun, for a normal meal measures at the hour and a half or two hours, TB well influences whether you do slow digestions or have put many fats

diabestico
08/14/2023 10:03 p.m.

min said:
Thank you very much for the answers!
If it is not to abuse, another doubt that I have is whether the measurement I have to do it 1h after having started eating, or 1h after having finished eating, you can guide me?

The measurement told me that one hour after starting to eat, but of course if it takes a long time because you leave for example, you know that this result will be unreliable, in that case I am doing several measurements unless it is night and ILight and I am controlling if it goes down well within 1-3 hours.If I see that at 2 hours it is lower than at the time even if it is not in the range I try to reassure myself

Guys who say 2 hours, that because 90 ... we talk about gestational diabetes, in pregnancy to carry good control you have to have certain values, if you pass a little they will not tell you anything but the objective ranges and the timesThey are totally different from when we are not pregnant, for example my target range was 150 at 2 hours of eating according to my endocrine and according to my type of diabetes and pregnant at the time is below 140 and at 2 hours of 120, the same the sameOn an empty stomach, I have a range of 63-90.In pregnancy diabetes is a very important risk factor for many things and you have to try to be as rigorous as possible and carry good control

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/15/2023 7:48 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

If you feel like a freestyle sensor, it is not cheap but in 15 days see more or less how your body works, I have taken them practically all the pregnancy and great, because there are meals that have started uploading for example to the2 hours, being at the time below the range or even at 3 hours and it is good to know, nothing happens because I do not get barbarity.Or you also see how it works in the morning.If you have it well controlled with 14 days, which is what lasts or a month is left over from sensors, except that I would not ever calibrate me well, that it has happened to me and it has pissed off and I do not use external applications, usually, in generalIt has served me a lot to control.Now I do not use it because I can not get stuck because at the end of pregnancy and heat so much and or putting anything on top.Maybe I try to put one these days to take it on childbirth day.If you need more info, we have diabetes thread and pregnancy, it is not mostly gestational but you will see a lot of information, also the fears we had in case you and me have reassured me quite a lot.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/15/2023 7:53 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

nila said:
if you feel like try a freestyle sensor, it is not cheap but in 15 days see more or less how your body works, I have taken them practically all the pregnancy and great, because there areMeals that have begun to climb for example at 2 hours, being at the time below the range or even at 3 hours and it is good to know, nothing happens because I do not get barbarity.Or you also see how it works in the morning.If you have it well controlled with 14 days, which is what lasts or a month is left over from sensors, except that I would not ever calibrate me well, that it has happened to me and it has pissed off and I do not use external applications, usually, in generalIt has served me a lot to control.Now I do not use it because I can not get stuck because at the end of pregnancy and heat so much and or putting anything on top.Maybe I try to put one these days to take it on childbirth day.If you need more info, we have diabetes thread and pregnancy, it is not mostly gestational but you will see a lot

Thanks a lot!They have been two super complete explanations, I thank you Mogollón.I will look for the thread that you tell me and read to see what information I can get.

The sensor seems super good idea, but the doubt arises because I have two freestyle glucometers (one gives higher than the other, although the decalage is only 3-4 mg/dl), and the midwife has given me one contourNext.I do not know which will be badly calibrated, but the freestyle that gives me the higheglycemia), and as you comment that you have not ever calibrated you the sensor I will try to expand information looking online, because bad calibrations are also pissed off, haha.

Min's profile photo
Min
08/15/2023 1:19 p.m.

It is that the sensor sometimes does not calibrate well, there are apps but despite being more or less hustled for those things it has cost me a lot to find out how they are going, in addition to being consumed a lot of battery, so in the end such as informationAdditional because I am still taking blood glucose measures because I have not wanted to complicate anymore, but there are threads about those apps here.

It is that the sensor itself cannot be calibrate (with the apps if you can do it and use those, not that of the sensor), it does it alone, so sometimes with the days it is working better, others are seeing if it throws downOr up and up and over that you can see that of blood if it is going well and you can see how it goes up or going down even if the measures are not exact (it is very difficult for it to be because the sensor measures in intersistial fluid and it isLess reliable than blood), so I in my case that the fluctuations are few, I do not use quickly, I cannot correct in any way ... because it is only in computer science to see if one day there are things that keep me high a long time, they upload me later, see if I have hypos at night ... those things.But I already tell you that I carry the blood measurements, that it even has a margin of error because I have sometimes done before the control analytics and usually is higher in my device than in the one of the analytics, so that ifYou get 93 I think you can be calm, unless you endocrine you tell you something else, I have relaxed a lot because many times I came out at the type 148, then 128 for example at 2 and always told me that I wasVery well, I suppose that there is always something of difference.

The Free is the one that my mother uses, I Accouchek, the other one that you say I do not know but stay with one and now.It is not worth trying in two.I believe that there are strips and a liquid to calibrate, pos if you want to see if in the brands you use there are, the mark sent me a liquid because the strips were spoiled and I got hyper beastly when I was actually even in hiccum

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/15/2023 3:14 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

min said:
hello!
I have gestational diabetes.My blood glucose should be maintained at the following levels:

& lt; 90 mg/dl on an empty stomach.
& lt; 90 mg/dl before meals.
& lt; 140 mg/dl 1h after meals.

The measurements of before and after eating are kept in range, regardless of what eate, but the measurement of fasting usually passes a little of 90 mg/dl.

As an additional information, I will say that between dinner and breakfast usually pass around 10 h.I am not using insulin, or other pharmacological treatment.

I would like you to give me some tips for life styles and dietary habits to lower fasting glycemia, since being August they do not find me gap for appointment with the endocrine and I feel very helpless.

Thank you very much!

The issue of changes in diet during pregnancy is important to have follow -up for both your endocrine and your gynecologist or obstetrician.It may be dangerous to do it lightly.
During pregnancy follow a daily diet low in carbohydrates, it can increase the risk that your baby can develop some lack.Carbohydrates help you obtain the necessary energy so that both your body and that of the baby develop correctly, since in this period the energy expenditure increases, and also provide fiber, contributing to the feeling of satiety and avoid the constipation thatIt is very frequent in pregnancy.Of course, always slow and treated carbohydrates in a way that develop resistant starch (let them rest in 24 hours once cooked and then heat up again), which improves the intestinal microbiota favoring the nutrient absorption processesessential.

When a person does not take enough carbohydrates, his body will obtain this glucose from protein and fat reserves and this, which can be excellent on other occasions, is not convenient during pregnancy.This means that proteins and fats will not be able to perform their own functions, which are to create tissues, since they have to replace the essential function of carbohydrates that is energy production.

As in everything, prudence and consult with your professionals for any diet change.

On the other hand I would like to reassure you, since I see that you are carrying it very well, and stay calm if at the end of pregnancy you need medication and even insulin, because it is for the good of the two.When I had my children, almost forty -three years ago, there were no such effective monitoring methods and in the insulins there was not much to choose from.Only rigorous diet and insulin to Mansalva.Luckily the first glucometers that were for medical use and thanks to my endocrine that one got me, you can do me controls in my house.
In spite of all this my two children were born perfect, that with caesarean section scheduled at seven and a half months of pregnancy, but healthy and strong.And thank God they continue.So trust that everything will be fine

uma's profile photo
uma
08/16/2023 11:35 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.