Help with the basal ... why does this happen?

Cleodomira's profile photo   03/11/2023 6:10 p.m.

Hello everyone.Only since January 2023 I have changed my insulin scheme.Now I use 34 units at night and Humalog Lispro for meals and corrections.
Postprandial arrived bordering 100 mg/dl but immediately about 10 minutes of that result, starts up and rising.The same happens to me in the postprandial of the nights.I suspect me basal?That issue is driving me crazy.Thanks anticipated.

Cleodomira's profile photo
Cleodomira
03/11/2023 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

cleodomira said:
hello everyone.Only since January 2023 I have changed my insulin scheme.Now I use 34 units at night and Humalog Lispro for meals and corrections.
Postprandial arrived bordering 100 mg/dl but immediately about 10 minutes of that result, starts up and rising.The same happens to me in the postprandial of the nights.I suspect me basal?That issue is driving me crazy.Thanks anticipated.

How much do you get up?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
03/11/2023 6:23 p.m.

Hello ... I get up with 150 but because at dawn I correct, but you can shoot until 200

Cleodomira
03/11/2023 6:40 p.m.

I think it is a matter of meals, test with a lighter diet ,.If digestions are lengthened and the rapid does not cover them, Toujeo does not assimilate them.
You could increase the fast and wait a bit to eat, but for these flat slopes such low diets are needed in hydrates and fat ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/11/2023 6:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Cleodomira: If you get up to more than 130, go up the slow one.Wait three days and go up again until you get up under that figure

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/11/2023 7:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@cleodomira: if you get up to more than 130, go up the slow one.Wait three days and go up again until you get up under that figure

I will do that ... Thank you very much ... I saw that my endocrinologist towards that but I did not dare to do it alone.Always try to avoid hypos.

Cleodomira
03/11/2023 9:31 p.m.

regina said:
I think it's a matter of meals, tested with lighter diet ,.If digestions are lengthened and the rapid does not cover them, Toujeo does not assimilate them.
You could increase the fast and wait a little to eat, but for these flat slows so flat, low diets are needed in hydrates and fat ..

Like very few carbos, but maybe I can restrict them even more.Thank you very much for the help.

Cleodomira
03/11/2023 9:33 p.m.

Toujeo is very flat so it does not absorb the fats of the meals that upload you later.
Apart from restricting hydrates, it eliminates fats.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/11/2023 11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
toujeo is very flat so it does not absorb the fats of the meals that go up later.
Apart from restricting hydrates, it eliminates fats.

And could it be that the toujeo is very difficult to handle for me?Sometimes someone told me, could I go better with Lantus?I could suggest my doctors ... I just have been using this scheme for two months

Cleodomira
03/11/2023 11:03 p.m.

@Cleodomira, the lantus can go well if it lasts 24 hours, but it is not always so, and it has a tendency to more hypoglycemia, but you can try and decide.
The Lantus, if you see that at night he goes down a lot, it is better to put it in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/12/2023 12:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In the change to Toujeo late 1 I regulate, and I've been 5 years and very well.
Without acrimony, in my opinion 34 units is a very good thing you do not do well, with so many units you must use very little fast insulin so as not to enter hiccup.

Each person is a world but you commented that you eat few hydrates, so it seems strange to me that you use such basal

As about 40g of HC a day, few fats (cheese is my weakness), I have a sedentary job and I am with menopause, I only use 14uds from Toujeo and I have come to use 10 in summer, fast according to meals and my glyc5.8-6.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/12/2023 9:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

cleodomira said:
ricki21 said:
@cleodomira: if you get up to more than 130, go up the slow one.Wait three days and go up again until you get up under that figure

I will do that ... Thank you very much ... I saw that my endocrinologist towards that but I did not dare to do it alone.I always try to avoid hypos.

When you climb the slow one, you may have to lower the rapid of one of the meals to avoid hypos

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/12/2023 10:13 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

cleodomira said:
hello everyone.Only since January 2023 I have changed my insulin scheme.Now I use 34 units at night and Humalog Lispro for meals and corrections.

If you eat few carbos and 34 from Toujeo it does not keep you flat, you may have resistance to the sulina.Have you commented with your endocrine?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/12/2023 8 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.