{'en': 'Coffee and type 2 diabetes', 'es': 'Café y diabetes tipo 2'} Image

Coffee and type 2 diabetes

fosforero's profile photo   03/12/2023 12:10 p.m.

Good morning friends,

I have read a few days ago an article that related the appearance of insulin resistance and consequent elevation of blood sugar with the habit of drinking coffee early in the morning to start the day after having spent an insomnia night andhaving slept badly.

I have suffered pills resistant insomnia like the orfidal and the like for many years and to get a little in tune and face the day I have no choice but to have a well -loaded coffee when I wake up and several more throughout the morning.

Well, that combination of having spent a bad night without hardly sleeping and compensating it with plenty of coffee when I get up to start the day may have generated type 2 diabetes that I have already 7 years, and above complicated with peripheral neuropathy.

As I continue sleeping badly I continue with the revulsive of coffee to face the day because I have no choice and in view of this article I should leave it completely.

I go to you because I have only read an article in this sense and sometimes on the Internet stories with little scientific foundation.

Have you left more articles on this topic or have you experienced any of you something similar to what the article tells?

Thank you!

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
03/12/2023 12:10 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

I have read that coffee, I drink it without sugar is nothing harmful, they do emphasize the need for sleep hours.Talk to your doctor about the resistance to those medications, I suffer from insomnia and take a combination of Tranxilium 10 and mertaphimin and usually go well.It is that if abuse of coffee, the same happens to me, for the night I have to drink more pills, you get up chafado and more coffee.It is breaking that system.

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/11/2023 3:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @fosphorero, thanks for sharing your experience and concerns with us.We understand that it can be difficult to determine the exact cause of type 2 diabetes and peripheral neuropathy, and it is understandable that you are looking for answers.

As for the relationship between coffee consumption and type 2 diabetes, there are some studies that suggest that coffee can have a protective effect against type 2 diabetes due to certain components present in coffee, such as antioxidants.However, there are also studies that suggest that excessive coffee consumption can increase the risk of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

It is important to remember that each person is unique and can have different risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes. While excessive coffee consumption can be a contributing factor for some people, it is not necessarily the main cause for all cases of type diabetes2.

Regarding your insomnia and the use of coffee to stay awake, it is important that you talk to your doctor about other treatment options for insomnia that can be more effective and healthy in the long term.

In this forum, you will find many members who have gone through similar experiences and can offer you advice and support to help you handle your diabetes effectively.Remember that it is important to work with your doctor to develop a personalized treatment plan that adapts to your health needs and objectives.We wish you the best on your way to health and well -being!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/11/2023 12:36 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

A coffee a day is even good for diabetes according to studies, more than 2 no longer

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
04/11/2023 1:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What is bad for diabetes (and for everything in general) is not sleeping and resting enough.That is demonstrated.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/11/2023 3:22 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
What is bad for diabetes (and for everything in general) is not sleeping and resting enough.That is demonstrated.

Yes, I used to sleep fatal before and I had the tension high, now I take half orphidal two hours before bed and sleep very well and the tension is perfect.Sleeping is very important, the body and brain recover with sleep.
My daughter puts the alarm in 50, because she is always lower than the capillary, and so never wakes up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2023 8:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.