Hyperglycemia after 4 hours of having eaten

bosco's profile photo   03/29/2023 7:15 p.m.

House once it happens to me, I am very frustrated, I have eaten and I had the blood glucose for 123, I have punctured the corresponding insulin, I have not reached the hyperglycemic peak after the food because I apply insulin before eating, it goes down to 102 and now to19:00 After 4 hours of eating it gives me a peak of super -steep hyperglycemia.

The endocrine told me that if the blood glucose rises after 2 hours to eat and have punctured the fast action insulin, what happens is that I am slow, but the slow one clicks it tonight and I have risen great.

I need to understand what it can be.Thank you so much

bosco's profile photo
bosco
03/29/2023 7:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You would have to know what you have eaten.There are meals that go up too late, especially fats.It happens to me a lot that according to what you eat, I get too late, even 4/5 hours.
Or for example the rice has two climbs, one after eating and another at 4/5 hours ...
In my case it also depends on the day, there are days that eating the same goes up before and others later.
I don't think it has anything to do with slow.Which indicates that the slow one is well placed or not the values ​​when rising.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/29/2023 8:02 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Bosco, the current slow ones, threeiba and toujeo, do not cover long digestions, when the rapid ends.
That is why it is better to eat low in hydrates and fats.
I don't know if it will be your case.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/29/2023 10:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good looks like being UGP (protein fat unit), when you make a meal rich in fat / protein rises from 3-4h as if they were hydrates.

When the food is rather rich in protein, it shows the face about 3h .. the reason is that there are glucogenic amino acids.

When the food is rather rich in fat, in addition to delaying the gastric emptying (delaying the absorption of the HC that you consume) they will also begin to climb those fats rather from the 4th hour, in this case the glycerol is the one that causesThat climb.

At the insulin level, dual or square bolus is recommended for UGP, since by the total digestion hours it does not cover with a single dose

All the best !

marine's profile photo
marine
03/30/2023 8:06 a.m.

Nor do I think it's a slow thing.In cases so you have two options: if you have occasion, you take a long walk and you will see that it consumes glucose and lowers your value.If not, a correction bolus and chimpún.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/30/2023 9:55 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

They can be several things.High fat and protein meals produce an increase in blood glucose hours after eating.The fat slows down the digestion so in meals like the pizza you have to click at least twice if you do not have a bomb.Do you have abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting?It happens to you with all meals?Do you have hypos during the first hour after clicking the insulin?

Raul_Nevermind's profile photo
Raul_Nevermind
03/30/2023 1:39 p.m.

raul_nevermind said:
can be several things.High fat and protein meals produce an increase in blood glucose hours after eating.The fat slows down the digestion so in meals like the pizza you have to click at least twice if you do not have a bomb.Do you have abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting?It happens to you with all meals?Do you have hypos during the first hour after clicking the insulin?

No, I don't have any of those symptoms, I just get the sugar at hours, but reading everyone's answers if it's a UGP

bosco's profile photo
bosco
03/31/2023 6:37 a.m.

More than the protein (which also goes up) are fats.The bad thing is that they last a lot in the circuit

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/31/2023 7:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.