Corrections at night and melatonin?

Sherpa41's profile photo   03/30/2023 12:25 p.m.

When are you high and you corrected at night, while you sleep, use the same amount of insulin you would do for the day?

I used to use somewhat less for fear of hypoglycemia, but now not even using the same amount with me that I get out of just.

Do you need more quantity because I am still still or is it that I am in very low shape?Or can I influence that I am taking a lot of melatonin?But lately I have a hard time getting at normal levels during the night.Not even correcting me a couple of times, with amounts that would be more than enough for me.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/30/2023 12:25 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Normally at night, we are more sensitive but there are more factors than the simplicity of I insulin and do not fall.

Basal?Dinner with fat / proteins?

marine's profile photo
marine
03/30/2023 1:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It doesn't matter what eats, sometimes I don't have anything and the same thing happens to me.I correct several times and do not go down.

I think it is because of the melatonin that I have increased a lot lately
Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/30/2023 1:26 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa, will you need slower?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/30/2023 5:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

sherpa41 said:
It doesn't matter what eats, sometimes nothing is given and the same thing happens to me.I correct several times and do not go down.

I think it is because of the melatonin that I have increased a lot lately
Link

then reduce melatonin, if you have it at the point of sight hehe

marine's profile photo
marine
03/30/2023 5:47 p.m.

I just read that melatonin reduces blood glucose levels and decreases insulin resistance

Link Tipo%202.

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
03/30/2023 6:20 p.m.

I do use more because the body is at least rest and energy and it does not help to be activated

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/30/2023 7:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I just read that melatonin reduces blood glucose levels and decreases insulin resistance

Link

There are contradictory studies as it says in the link that I have put before but also "melatonin, with its nocturnal increase and its inhibitory action of glucose tolerance, can contribute to the night reduction of glucose tolerance in humans" ..."Especially in people who eat in the afternoon or at night"

And I think that one day I took an alprazolam and I no longer took melatonin I was very good at the glucose.And considering that lately I am taking 4 melatonin pills ...

If when I took one, it cost me more to go down, now it is almost impossible.I will try to leave her although I was getting sleep well for the first time in many years.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/30/2023 8:27 p.m.

Melatonin does nothing to me.The best orfidal but I have no anxiety, so I don't take anything.I am used to sleeping 4.5 hours since the age of 18.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/31/2023 12:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Melatonin does nothing to me.The best orfidal but I have no anxiety, so I don't take anything.I am used to sleeping 4.5 hours since the age of 18.

I did little one or two 1.9mg pills.But with 4 or 5 pills I have been sleeping two or three weeks, practically as if I had no sleep problems.

Of course, very high sugar all night, but lately even in the morning I find it down.So I'm going to try to leave it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/31/2023 1:25 a.m.

Repeated

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/31/2023 1:26 a.m.

Melatonin does nothing to me either.I think it must be for other factors such as that you need slower

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
03/31/2023 8:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.