Support Group - Madrid

Raul_Nevermind's profile photo   04/21/2023 5:28 p.m.

Hello good,

First of all I present me.My name is Raúl, I'm 29 years old and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes with 9 years.I currently live in Madrid after spending the last 7 years in England.As a child I had very good control but since adolescence until about 2 years ago the control has been bad.

I would like to know if there are any type of support group for people with diabetes.I have never met anyone with diabetes and the feeling of isolation is very large.I know there is a diabetes association but for what I have seen is very focused on children/adolescents and parents.

All the best :)

Raul_Nevermind's profile photo
Raul_Nevermind
04/21/2023 5:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is never too late to approach the Diabetics Association.Surely there you find some kind of advice.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/22/2023 1:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Here we are many from Madrid but we do not organize events or anything.
The Diabetic Association makes excursions and events for all ages, they healed to find the one that adapts to each

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/22/2023 2:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have almost your same age and feeling is similar.The associations that I know are focused on children and one feels that it does not fit there.

Prother's profile photo
Prother
04/22/2023 5:42 p.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.