{'en': 'Severe hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemia severa'} Image

Severe hypoglycemia

jon656's profile photo   09/17/2023 9:32 a.m.

Hello good, first of all say that I am 26 years old and I have been with type 1 diabetes since the age of 14.

The fact is that yesterday I had the greatest hypoglycemia in my life and I will tell you to see if you have any idea why it happened.

First of all I am a distributor, and as always after dinner I go out to work everything was fine, I want to say how always my correct carbohydrates etc.

The glucose was going well had between 130 - 160 but after 3 and a half hours (that the novorapid stopped taking effect) I got to 127 (a normal measurement) (also after those 3 hours I always put the toujeo)

Deliver an order in which I had to walk anything about 70 meters that is not the big thing.

As a fool I did not measure glucose and 6 minutes later I notified the alarm of the freestyle, I had 85 and going down.

Well, at that time I took 3 glucose pills to up32 I had never been more scared in my life.

So crowded (forgiveness for the expression) I was waiting until after 15 minutes it began to rise finally.

I always carry glucagen with me just in case, but I could continue eating so I didn't see it necessary.

Well this is the story, my question is;How did that serious hypoglycemia give me if the fast insulin was no longer acting?

Greetings,

jon656's profile photo
jon656
09/17/2023 9:32 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde 2011

It is possible that you injected into any area with lipodystrophy?Or did you change the area where you usually put the toujeo?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/17/2023 9:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
is possible that you inject in any area with lipodystrophy?Or did you change the area where you usually put the toujeo?

Could it be that if I click on a usual area, but can that cause something like that?

jon656's profile photo
jon656
09/17/2023 9:48 a.m.

The following link explains the theme of lipodystrophies.I don't know if it's your case, but it's something to take into account when there are "rare" hypoglycemia.
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/17/2023 12:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
The following link explains the theme of lipodystrophies.I don't know if it's your case, but it's something to take into account when there are "rare" hypoglycemia.
Link

Thank you.I think that if it should be the case, I will begin to rotate the areas from now on
I would not want to go through that situation again:/

jon656's profile photo
jon656
09/17/2023 1:19 p.m.

It could also be for the toujeo.
Something similar happened to me once.I put it in the middle of the thigh, a drop of blood came out.I didn't give it more importance and continued with my things.After a while (between half an hour or one hour) I began to find very very and I came to see luces and distorted colors.I was in hiccar below 50 and it cost me a lot of tracing.I started with glucose pills that did nothing and continued with a juice, I don't remember if anything else,
I called the nurse very scared and told me that I had probably punctured the toujeo in muscle or had entered the blood directly.
I didn't have active quickly because it was in the morning and I was still fasting

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/17/2023 8:19 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

It has already happened to me a couple of times just food or dinner ... and eat and eat and overcome very little ...
The first time I slept/had tingling in my tongue, which had never happened to me.
When I managed to overcome the hypo ... fabric the rebound ...

It can be to click on some Venita as they have told you, in an area with lipodystrophy, that you absorb that day for whatever the ingested later ...
There are such rare things ... as @rubittha once called me "is called diabetes", sometimes it has no explanation,

Take care of yourself!You have such a bad time ... right?

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/17/2023 8:51 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Silviagrz said:
has already happened to me a couple of times just food or dinner ... and eat and eat and trace very little ...
The first time I slept/had tingling in my tongue, which had never happened to me.
When I managed to overcome the hypo ... fabric the rebound ...

It can be to click on some Venita as they have told you, in an area with lipodystrophy, that you absorb that day for whatever the ingested later ...
There are such rare things ... as @rubittha once called me "is called diabetes", sometimes it has no explanation,

Take care of yourself!You get so bad ... right?

I had never scared me more in my life.I had never lowered the glucose and tachycardia that I had was horrible: S

jon656's profile photo
jon656
09/17/2023 10:42 p.m.

@jon656, it is very rare to pass, but, if the slow one enters a capilla.
but going provided with glucose and juices or cocacola .. you get it right.And it doesn't have to pass again ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/18/2023 3:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Something similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago.I rectified with 2 units and after clicking I noticed that a drop of blood came out.A few minutes after 160 to 60 had gone and going down very fast.I got a little scared because it had never happened to me and threw Gluco-Up 15. Without hesitation I took 2 envelopes and for a few minutes that became eternal continued to go down, until it finally started tracing.

The truth is that those minutes until you start overwhelming become eternal.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/18/2023 10:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@jon656, 100% was for the toujeo.

It happened to me .. I put it in the morning being fasting 180.I went out for work and when I arrived at the office I was in 80 .... how ????Well that .. the slow one fell into intramuscular.

To avoid that, he uses but you don't make it 4mm needles, since I do it, it has not also happened to me again ... Change to Tresiba and in that aspect much better because when I had not yet changed needles it happened to me with threeiba too and with 3Glucose pills traces, yes ... you throw the following hours eating because the trend is down.

When that happens to you, you will also notice that then the slow one falls short ... that is ... that if you put it at night .... then from mid -morning you will notice that you are missing insulin andThe glycemia are going to climb.

When we explain this to an endocrine, many say it is impossible ... but the truth is that it happens and gives scare yes ..

marine's profile photo
marine
09/18/2023 11:11 a.m.

I have read all the messages and I have noticed that you highlight the fact that a drop of blood came to the click ... why?I always get a drop of blood to click me where I click, arms, abdomen, thighs or buttocks ... 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
09/24/2023 9:23 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

A drop of blood means that you have punctured a capillary if it is fast, nothing happens, better, before it will reach the bloodstream, but if the drop comes out when you click the slow one runs the risk that insulin can reach the torrent very fast and runsThe risk of hypoglycemia

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/24/2023 10:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.