{'en': 'Rapid rations / insulin', 'es': 'Raciones / Insulina rapida'} Image

Rapid rations / insulin

Leyredm1's profile photo   09/26/2023 11:08 a.m.

Hi Buenaass !!!

I have been with type 1 diabetes for 5 years and this last year sometimes I have to count rations and other times, and I usually put 2uds quickly.

If in the post-Comfort I upload the sugar I put insulin and if on the contrary I have a downturn then as something with sugar ...

Does anyone tell rations or noo? !!

Thank you!!!

Leyredm1's profile photo
Leyredm1
09/26/2023 11:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

law said:
hello good!I have 5 years with Dianetes T1 and this last year sometimes gives me to count rations and other times, and I usually put a quick 2ud.And if in the post-Coming I climb the sugar I put insulin and if on the contrary I have a downturn because as something with sugar someone tells the racks or noo !! ..

Man, if you get fast you must count the rations.If not, how do you know how much insulin you should wear so as not to go high or be low?
Not all meals go up the same.A plate of fried potatoes with fried eggs is not the same as a paella dish.
Each meal has that.And also to each one affects us differently.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/26/2023 11:26 a.m.

I tell them by eye.But I'm sure I tell them badly.In soil restaurants underestimate the rations so, as a rule, I put myself at least half a unit more than I have calculated.There is always the dessert to straighten the thing if I see that I have fallen short of HC.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/26/2023 1:02 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/26/2023 2:20 p.m.

@Leyredm1: Counting rations is basic for good diabetes control.
I have a balance in the kitchen and always weight, for example, the bread that I am going to eat and also weight for the rest of slow absorption hydrates before cooking them.
If I am not at home I use the "ojimeter" but it is not as precise as the balance, of course

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/26/2023 2:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Leyredm1: This table can help you
Carbohydrates Rations Table - Diabetes Foundation Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/26/2023 2:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I do use the issue of "counting rations."If they are things that, as regularly and know more or less how much weighs, the glycemic index and calories and such, I do it by eye.
If they are "new" things, weight.

And if I'm outside ... a "ojimeter" and what arises ...
Correcting, etc ... etc ...

Apart from, what they tell you ... It greatly influences how it is agreed and how foods are combined ...

And depending on this, and what I have before intake, I get more or less fast.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/26/2023 3:04 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.