{'en': 'Glucose levels after meals', 'es': 'Niveles glucosa tras comidas'} Image

Glucose levels after meals

Estherilla's profile photo   10/03/2023 11:33 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt that the endocrine did not solve it in the last review.

Let's see if any of you can help me ... They always mark you 140-160 1.5-2 hours after meals.

But what levels are usual during those and hours?

They just put the sensor and I am "freaking out" with some meals.

At 2 hours I am in rank but with certain things I get up to 200.

Is it normal?

Thank you so much!!

Estherilla's profile photo
Estherilla
10/03/2023 11:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Estherilla, until they do not put the sensor you do not see those climbs, but they are normal that they have, especially after breakfast.
That is why after knowing that, changes in hydrates, time or insulin are usually made.
Whatever you can.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/04/2023 12:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Estherilla
Yes, it is normal with the sensor to discover these things.
According to my endo, we should not go from 180 (that nothing happens to spend someday) so the thing is that the sensor helps you to avoid those 200 peaks.
If you go up a lot and then fall quickly, it is clear that the amount of insulin is fine, but its action does not match the time with the rise in food ("late"), therefore it is to square waiting times.
Also sometimes certain foods that go up a lot is better to reduce them a bit.
You already with the sensor will see ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/04/2023 7:51 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It depends on insulin, if you have counted the portions well, and the type of food.
My upper range is 180 and there are times that I get it and sometimes not.Now with the sensor you will know the type of food makes sugar more up

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
10/06/2023 10:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.