{'en': 'Quantos test?', 'es': 'Prueba de Quantose?'} Image

Quantos test?

matrix's profile photo   05/12/2023 5:58 a.m.

Hello!I have to do studies because next week I go with my doctor.In the laboratory where I do the studies there is a banner on diabetes where they recommend the glucosylated hemoglobin test that we all know but there is another one called "Quantosse"

Does anyone know what proves is that and what do you mean?What measures and if it is important for DBT2?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/12/2023 5:58 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Well (I have looked at Google, everything must be said) apparently measures insulin resistance, that is, the body's ability to use it efficiently.Every day something is learned.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/12/2023 6:59 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello,

That was not the C peptide?

PepGat's profile photo
PepGat
05/12/2023 7:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you so much.I have asked our friend in artificial intelligence and I think we have obtained an acceptable response:

Question: At this time you are an endocrinologist with 35 years of experience with specialty in diabetes.Could you explain to what is the glycosylated hemoglobin and quantose study?

answer:
Clear!As an endocrinologist with experience in diabetes, I can explain to you about glycosylated hemoglobin studies (HBA1C) and quantosse.

glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C):
HBA1C is a laboratory test that is used to measure the average blood glucose level during the last 2-3 months.Blood glucose adheres to hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells, forming glycosylated hemoglobin.The HBA1C concentration reflects the long -term glycemic control in a person with diabetes.
When measuring HBA1C, the average blood glucose can be evaluated for a prolonged period, which is useful for monitoring diabetes management.Generally, it is recommended to perform this test every 3 months to evaluate long -term glycemic control.A high level of HBA1C indicates a bad glycemic control and can be an indicator of a higher risk of diabetes -related complications.

quantose:
Quantosse is a more recent study that evaluates the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in people without a previous diagnosis of the disease.Through the analysis of different biomarkers in the blood, the quantosse provides an evaluation of the individual risk of developing diabetes in the next 5 years.
The Quantosse study is based on the measurement of four biomarkers: fasting glucose, fasting insulin, peptide C and insulin binding protein.These biomarkers are combined by an algorithm to calculate a risk score.The higher the score, the more the risk of developing type 2 diabetes will be.

Quantosse can be useful in the early identification of people at risk of diabetes and can help guide preventive interventions, such as changes in regular medical life and follow -up.

It is important to keep in mind that these studies are complementary and are used for different purposes .While HBA1C evaluates glycemic control in people with diabetes, quantos focuses on the prediction of the risk of type 2 diabetes in people without prior diagnosis.Both studies can be valuable in the management and prevention of diabetes.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/12/2023 7:54 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Well (I have looked at Google, everything must be <blockquote class = "quote" rel = "pepgat"

For that was not the C?

No, the C peptide measures the operation of the pancreas.But the pancreas can work and segregate insulin and that insulin not to be effective because it cannot enter the cells, what is called resistance, which measures the quantosse.
That is: peptide C, if insulin is segregated;Quantos, if it is effective.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/12/2023 8:13 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

matrix said:
Thank you very much.I have asked our friend in artificial intelligence and I think we have obtained an acceptable response:

Question: At this time you are an endocrinologist with 35 years of experience with specialty in diabetes.Could you explain to what is the glycosylated hemoglobin and quantose study?

answer:
Clear!As an endocrinologist with experience in diabetes, I can explain to you about glycosylated hemoglobin studies (HBA1C) and quantosse.

glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C):
HBA1C is a laboratory test that is used to measure the average blood glucose level during the last 2-3 months.Blood glucose adheres to hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells, forming glycosylated hemoglobin.The HBA1C concentration reflects the long -term glycemic control in a person with diabetes.
When measuring HBA1C, the average blood glucose can be evaluated for a prolonged period, which is useful for monitoring diabetes management.Generally, it is recommended to perform this test every 3 months to evaluate long -term glycemic control.A high level of HBA1C indicates a bad glycemic control and can be an indicator of a higher risk of diabetes -related complications.

quantose:
Quantosse is a more recent study that evaluates the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in people without a previous diagnosis of the disease.Through the analysis of different biomarkers in the blood, the quantosse provides an evaluation of the individual risk of developing diabetes in the next 5 years.
The Quantosse study is based on the measurement of four biomarkers: fasting glucose, fasting insulin, peptide C and insulin binding protein.These biomarkers are combined by an algorithm to calculate a risk score.The higher the score, the more the risk of developing type 2 diabetes will be.

Quantosse can be useful in the early identification of people at risk of diabetes and can help guide preventive interventions, such as changes in regular medical life and follow -up.

It is important to keep in mind that these studies are complementary and are used for different purposes .While HBA1C evaluates glycemic control in people with diabetes, quantos focuses on the prediction of the risk of type 2 diabetes in people without prior diagnosis.Both studies can be valuable in diabetes management and prevention.

hahaha.He explained to you in a moment more than my endocrine in almost two years

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/12/2023 12:16 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
matrix said:
thank you very much.I have asked our friend in artificial intelligence and I think we have obtained an acceptable response:

answer:

hemogl ... or.... both studies can be valuable in the management and prevention of diabetes.

hahaha.He explained to you in a moment more than my endocrine in almost two years

Yes, it is amazing ... it occurred to me to investigate in Openai when I saw Isabellota's comment that I had looked for in Google, and that is already less and less Google and more OpenAi/Chatgpt because the answers are very complete.You have to be a bit careful but the results are spectacular!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/12/2023 10:28 p.m.

Well seen the issue, being already diabetic in Quantosse does not apply us

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/12/2023 10:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Well seen the subject, being already diabetic in quantosse does not apply to us

that's how it is!But it is good to know for those "prediabetics" or who do not have good habits and are right to develop diabetes ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/12/2023 11:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.