{'en': 'Doubt about the ketones', 'es': 'Duda sobre las cetonas'} Image

Doubt about the ketones

mariomn's profile photo   10/09/2023 1:46 a.m.

Hi there,

I wanted to share a question that I have been having since I was diagnosed with diabetes more than a year ago.

Normally I am always in rank, with some peaks for not having calculated well and by constant changes in my routine
Actually, there are two questions.

1.- How is the ratio calculated correctly?I feel that at certain meals I carry it well, but as for bread or cookies, I never manage to avoid hyperglycemia.The subject is a bit dizzy and I don't know what to do

2.- When should I worry about having high blood glucose?

There are days that I spend 24 hours above 190, and I don't know if I worry about ketones (I don't want me to give me a ketoacidosis as in my debut) but then the following days I will be normal again.

I'm sorry if I did not express myself well or if it is missing, despite having a little lost a little and a half and a half of how things work in specific cases.

Thank you very much for taking your time with the answers, I do not know what I would do without this forum & lt; 3

mariomn's profile photo
mariomn
10/09/2023 1:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Mariomn I think that reading this article can make you understand very well how to calculate it: Link insulina-por-racion-de-hudrates/, althoughI think at the beginning your educator is the one who could best calculate it and there to adjust ...
The bread is very complicated to manage, so almost all diabetics go to protein bread (I consume it at breakfast and sometimes for sandwich), instead of bread like crispy peaks called handmade that give me the feeling of eatingThe tips of a bread bar, me like 18gr and I am equivalent to a ration (I have taken the "mono" of the bread, because I was of bread with everything), cookies?For a year and a half that I debuted I have not dared to try them because I know I would have a fixed "peak".
As for the ketones, I do not know why I have not experienced them yet (I cross fingers) but they have told me to always look at it if I am above 250. I have 1-2 specific days a month (by hormonal subject) that is meDifficult to be in rank all day or at acceptable levels (I am already satisfied with being at 160-170), and I get angry and overwhelm because I think that it should not be good either ... but there are things that cannot be controlled and touches to assume.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/09/2023 10:02 a.m.

@Mariomn
From the theme of the ratio, he looks at what Cassie puts you, he will explain it better than me.
Regarding your second question, on ketoacidosis they say here that putting insulin is practically impossible to occur (it is typical of debut when it is not known that it is diabetic and therefore insulin is not used).
And, this is my opinion, being 24 hours at 190 or more is not theirs, which is true that one day nothing happens, but you should study if it happens for something you can avoid.They tell us that we should not go from 180 and I try.And 180 would be at the beak, not all day
As Cassie says, cookies are difficult to control and do not contribute anything, I would advise you to eliminate them.The bread restricts it (I only take for breakfast) and try different types of what bread until you find the one best, do not behave all the same.
I take it from time to time when I'm going to go out of hiking and I don't want to get fast to avoid hypos.The climb is small and compensate, but I don't like it for every day because I see it very artificial and flavor does not convince me.
All this is what I do, I am doing well and my personal opinion.That the same thing goes something else, but you have asked for opinion and I give it.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/09/2023 10:30 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@mariomn
From the theme of the ratio, he looks at what Cassie puts you, he will explain it better than me.
Regarding your second question, on ketoacidosis they say here that putting insulin is practically impossible to occur (it is typical of debut when it is not known that it is diabetic and therefore insulin is not used).
And, this is my opinion, being 24 hours at 190 or more is not theirs, which is true that one day nothing happens, but you should study if it happens for something you can avoid.They tell us that we should not go from 180 and I try.And 180 would be at the beak, not all day
As Cassie says, cookies are difficult to control and do not contribute anything, I would advise you to eliminate them.The bread restricts it (I only take for breakfast) and try different types of what bread until you find the one best, do not behave all the same.
I take it from time to time when I'm going to go out of hiking and I don't want to get fast to avoid hypos.The climb is small and compensate, but I don't like it for every day because I see it very artificial and flavor does not convince me.
All this is what I do, I am doing well and my personal opinion.That the same thing goes something else, but you have asked for opinion and I give it.

Thank you very much for your answer Isabel, helps me to see your lifestyles and how you handle it to get an idea.How you say, each one is doing well, but it gives me an approximate vision of what I can try.
I will undoubtedly remove the cookies from my diet 😬 It is true that they do not give me anything

mariomn's profile photo
mariomn
10/09/2023 11:40 a.m.

casssie said:
@mariomn I think that reading this article can make you understand very well how to calculate it: Link although I think that at the beginning your educator/ ra is the one who could best calculate it and there to adjust ...
The bread is very complicated to manage, so almost all diabetics go to protein bread (I consume it at breakfast and sometimes for sandwich), instead of bread like crispy peaks called handmade that give me the feeling of eatingThe tips of a bread bar, me like 18gr and I am equivalent to a ration (I have taken the "mono" of the bread, because I was of bread with everything), cookies?For a year and a half that I debuted I have not dared to try them because I know I would have a fixed "peak".
As for the ketones, I do not know why I have not experienced them yet (I cross fingers) but they have told me to always look at it if I am above 250. I have 1-2 specific days a month (by hormonal subject) that is meDifficult to be in rank all day or at acceptable levels (I am already satisfied with being at 160-170), and I get angry and overwhelm because I think that it should not be good either ... but there are things that cannot be controlled and touches to assume.

Thank you very much Cassie for your comment, the website you attach will serve me a lot.I already talked to the educators and they always explain it to me everything better than anyone, but I like to know how a real diabetic is handled in the day to day since, in the end, it is we who live the experience every day and in a wayrealistic.
Again, thank you very much for the answer, it has been a great help ❤️

mariomn's profile photo
mariomn
10/09/2023 11:42 a.m.

casssie said:
@mariomn I think that reading this article can make you understand very well how to calculate it: Link although I think that at the beginning your educator/ ra is the one who could best calculate it and there to adjust ...

Where do you buy craft peaks?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/09/2023 8:40 p.m.

@diabestico are called gourmet serenites , are in the Carrefour market, where they put the bar bread and all that ... are a vice !!Of course 420gr: € 4.99, there are normal and in a comprehensive version, but the truth, as indifferent from both of them and my blood glucose behaves exactly the same.
My children eat less bread because I have viciated them ...
Before in the Condis they were marketed with the name of Artesanitos, but it has not been for a long time and now I have a pilgrimage to Carrefour, every time I take 4 or 5 bags.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/10/2023 11:01 a.m.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/10/2023 11:03 a.m.

One thing, @Cassie.Are they special?Is that if 18 grams are a ration they are like all normal ... right?
I mean that if they bring the same HC, why are they so expensive?

isabelbota
10/10/2023 1:01 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

casssie said:
@diabetic are called gourmet serenites.... They are a vice !!Of course 420gr: € 4.99, there are normal and in a comprehensive version, but the truth, as indifferent from both of them and my blood glucose behaves exactly the same.
My children eat less bread because I have viciated them ...
Before in the Condis they were marketed with the name of handmade, but they have not had a long time and now I have a pilgrimage to Carrefour, every time I take 4 or 5 bags.

Thank you!!!

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/10/2023 2:42 p.m.

@isabelbota are as more artisans, they do not know as artificial as those of other brands .... it is like taking you to the mouth "the tip" of a bread bar.And yes for what they are, they are expensive.They are not low in proteins or anything like that ... but I have replaced them with my piece of bread at eating and saving me the desire ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/17/2023 12:19 p.m.

@Cassie
Ok, Cassie, is that for the price I thought they were protein and when you say the rations did not understand anything.Thanks for the clarification.

isabelbota
10/17/2023 2:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.