{'en': 'My experience with Tresiba', 'es': 'Mi experiencia con Tresiba'} Image

My experience with Tresiba

marine's profile photo   05/18/2023 9:56 a.m.

Good to everyone, I write this post because I have my doubts about the long -term effectiveness of this basal and I explain myself ...

I am 37 years old and I have 22 of evolution with DT1, I used insulin Mix for 20 years (that is, without rapid + basal pattern) and practically at the end of 2020 they changed my pattern and began to use basal + fast.

I started with Toujeo but for the perseverance of nocturnal hypos they changed me to Tresiba, and given this introduction ...

My initial units with Tresiba were 26UI, this was in August 2022 and I currently go for 45ui .... This is something that worries me because in a very short time a very high basal change of basal need ... This entails more lipodystrophies for notTalk about ... is that insulin resistance rises?Is Tresiba in particular for insulin?

I see that this basal does not support routine leaps and explain myself ... if a meal is made on the street richer in fat ...And I understand that this happens but it is temporary ... but every time I go up with units, I am no longer low, I stay there is as if the body will adapt and need more and more, to thisHe adds that it is increasingly easier to gain weight and more complicated losing weight .. We already know that insulin is an anal hormone and related to fat storage.

I speak of this issue, because I don't know if it only happens to me ... if this is for three and with another basal as a levemr would go better ... if the solution is the insulin pump or what ...

Something that I have skipped and is important ...

I measure 1.79m, weight 95.5kg I make lowcarb diet and I go 5 days a week to the gym with 1-2H hypertrophy training.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/18/2023 9:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pufff the crisis of the 40 .....

Let's see around 40, a little before or a little later, it goes through hormonal changes that alter the guidelines.It can be for that.The body changes and some widen a bit even if the same is weighed, there are small age changes.

Toujeo and Tresiba are very flat, do not admit changes of food, hormones, exercise, ...
It seems weird that they produce hypoglycemia if they are well calculated.I continue with toujeo and well, I use less units than with Levemir that was in 2 doses because it does not cover 24h and made action peaks.

You can make a radical diet change, shock diet, a time, the same breaking your body changes if glycemic behavior.Have you thought of a nutritionist?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/18/2023 10:43 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia It is clear that the hormonal issue is fundamental ... the truth is that I had not thought of zone 40 hehe.

Endocrine himself told me, that with Toujeo there are people who do well and others who when they manage to adjust the guideline, have a tendency to the nocturnal hypo and it is just what happened to me, I was great and at night and at nightI had to go to bed in 180 to get up in 80.

Nutritionist theme I have a little discarded truth, I have already gone through several .. and the last one I went through that it is also a diabetic told me that I took me perfect myself

marine's profile photo
marine
05/18/2023 10:47 a.m.

Levemir and Toujeo do not reach 24 hours only at 9-10 h, although it is marked as 24 h I put it on 48 IU in the morning and keep me well less at night and late than I have toPut a little quick reinforcement at 3-4 am and so I arrived in the morning at 100-120 sometimes 160, to me the legimir was fatal, I put it at about 1 am and I reached theNext night with glycemias of 250-300 because it was an insulin marked as "24 h" but it was unreal recognized by my endocrine that the real duration of the levemir was 9-10 h, the mix to me at least were not worth anything,It falls short quickly and slowly .... Although each diabetes and diabetic is a world

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/18/2023 7:50 p.m.

@ROGERIX, the Levemir is usually put twice a day, the Lantus arrives very fair at 24 hours, but Toujeo does cover left over 24.
Also the Tresiba lasts more than 24h, but my daughter lowered a lot at night.Toujeo is better.
You have to prove the best suits each one.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/19/2023 1:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@ROGERIX LANTUS AND LEVEMIR DO NOT COVER 24H
Toujeo and Tresiba both spend 24h.

@Marine Well, you only have a shock diet.This also goes for seasons, I just finished a week of top insulin and high figures

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2023 4:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Justo, without changing anything but doing a fast 16/8 ... I have risen today in 113 capillary and all morning in 100 stables ....

marine's profile photo
marine
05/19/2023 5:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.