{'en': 'Different free readings vs Diabox', 'es': 'Lecturas diferentes Libre vs Diabox'} Image

Different free readings vs Diabox

matrix's profile photo   05/18/2023 9:15 p.m.

Hello, I do not know if I am overlooking, but I already put my 2nd sensor and the same thing happens to me as with the first, and that is that the glucose readings I do with the original Freestyle freeLink app different from what Diabox reads...

For example yesterday 128 in free and 117 in Diabox.

Now 143 in free and 138 in Diabox

Which one do I listen to?Is this normal?I need to do something?

It makes no sense!I share a couple of photos as evidence:

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/18/2023 9:15 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@matrix, it is very little difference, there may be more if you compare with glucometer, and two glucometer measures can also give different, I think the allowed error is 10%..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/19/2023 1:38 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@matrix, it is very little difference, there may be more if you compare with glucometer, and two glucometer measures can also give different, .. I think the allowed error is 10%..

thank you.I don't know if I explained well.The sensor may have a difference between reader and glucometer, but the sensor must give exactly the same values ​​if you read it with 10 different applications.The data that the sensor has are the same for any app, it makes no sense as of different values ​​for one app and for another.

In blood test, in glucometer and with sensor, there will be 3 different values.But with the same sensor, at the same time, with different apps, it must be exactly the same value

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/19/2023 2:44 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Let's see, the values ​​between apps very rarely agree.They use different algorithms.

I always did more Diabox, since I can calibrate it.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
05/19/2023 10:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@matrix: Make a capillary at the time you measure your glycemia with LibreLink and Diabox.You keep the app that approximates more.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/19/2023 12:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@matrix No app is going to give you the same result because each one has its own calculation algorithm, as well as the glucometer.

Diabox gives you the pure data that Abbott's reader (which they no longer sell) and the freeLink app applies its calculation.
Among the freestyle and freeLink sensor there are quite a few differences

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2023 4:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@matrix no app is going to give you the same result because each one has its own calculation algorithm, as well as the glucometer.

Diabox gives you the pure data that Abbott's reader (which they no longer sell) and the freeLink app applies its calculation.
Among the freestyle and freeLink sensor there are quite a few differences

Hello!Thanks for sharing.

I tell you that in Mexico if they sell the Freestyle reader, in fact the sensors I bought came with a gift reader (but they also sell them loose).

I don't know where I left it (I can't find it !!I activated with the cell phone.

And I don't understand why an application has to apply an "algorithm."In theory the sensor keeps the data and applications only show it , therefore I still do not understand why the result is different in both apps.

I already made the comparison with glucometer and these are the results:

Glucometer: 118
Free: 125
Diabox 120

So Diabox is more "exact" than free, apparently

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/20/2023 8:15 a.m.

ricki21 said:
@matrix: make a capillary at the time you measure your blood glucose with LibreLink and Diabox.You keep the app that approximates more.

Thanks for the good idea.

Diabox approached more.Look:

Diabox 120

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/20/2023 8:18 a.m.

In sensor saves data but not what turns.Applications are those that make the interpretation.They are interstitial fluid data that must be converted with code.

In Europe they stopped marketing readers who are the best, most of the time they coincide with the capillary;I activate the sensor with the reader and then the free view + diabox

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/20/2023 12:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia
Well, when I gave me the sensors they have given me a reader (they all give it to us).With what is manufactured, they continue to manufacture.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/20/2023 2:25 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

To my TV they have given me a reader with free 2 and goes very well, as a scanner and as a capillary

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/20/2023 3:37 p.m.

matrix said:
hello, I don't know if I am overlooking, but I already put my 2nd sensor and the same thing happens to me as with the first, and that is that the glucose readings I doWith the original Freestyle freeLink app different from what Diabox reads ...

It is not clear exactly why, unofficial applications never give the same value as the officer.It happened to me with free 2 and a so -called Glucose Direct for the iPhone.It also happens between the application and officer and the official reader, I suppose that by the issue of code update.

In any case, differences of the order you mention, below 20 mg/dl, are completely despicable.But beware of free, which occasionally gives you 40 or even 60 below and that is no longer so despicable.I always recommend capillary glycemia to compare.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
05/21/2023 1:06 p.m.

matrix said:
ricki21 said:
@matrix: make a capillary at the time you measure your glycemia with LibreLink and Diabox.You keep the app that approximates more.

Diabox 120

But the figures are very similar, hopefully there is always like that, there is hardly any difference.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/21/2023 6:54 p.m.

meginer said:
matrix said:
ricki21 said:
ricki21 said:
@matrix: make a capillary at the time you measureYour blood glucose with LibreLink and Diabox.You keep the app that approximates more.

Diabox 120

But the figures are very similar, hopefully there is always like that, there is hardly any difference.

I'm going to try several days ... Between glucometer and diabox to see if the difference is maintained on average ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/21/2023 8:20 p.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
matrix said:
hello, I don't know if I am overlooking, but I already put my 2nd sensor and the same thing happens to methat with the first, and that is that the glucose readings that I do with the original freestyle freeLink app different from what Diabox reads ...

It is not clear exactly why, unofficial applications never give the same value as the officer.It happened to me with free 2 and a so -called Glucose Direct for the iPhone.It also happens between the application and officer and the official reader, I suppose that by the issue of code update.

In any case, differences of the order you mention, below 20 mg/dl, are completely despicable.But beware of free, which occasionally gives you 40 or even 60 below and that is no longer so despicable.I always recommend capillary glycemia to compare.

It is understandable, and there is no problem, however, as an engineer I still do not understand if the sensor "keeps the values", why it is different in the different applications.I want to assume then that the sensor does not save the glucose value calculated by the interstitial fluid but also keeps values ​​that are then processed by each app (differently) as they say, with some algorithm, which is not the same in all apps(which makes me ridiculous).Perhaps the principle of operation of the apps is not entirely clear, and it is understood that due to patent issues, there is not much information.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/21/2023 8:25 p.m.

That is @Matrix The sensor does not save blood glucose data as seen in applications.I do not know exactly that it records, it could be the density of the interstitial fluid.
If I proved that free 1 has a better algorithm than free 2.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/21/2023 11:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@matrix yesterday I did complete analytics for endocrinology review
EYE TO THE DATA!The sensor expired 2 hours after the puncture.

Fasting glycemia: (neither bad)
Freestyle reader: 89mg/dl
Diabox: 83 mg/dl
LibreLink: 93md/dl
Blood, real: 86mg/dl

Glycosilada is the worst they estimate, good and bad sensor data is gathered:

Freestyle and LibreLink reader: 6%
Diabox: 5.8%
Blood, real: 5.6%

I am happy with the results, I have worked out a lot but do not set free from freelink in Glico issues.In 7 years with sensors it always happens to me the same, and the glyc in consultation with punctures on finger gives 3 or 4 tenths above.(Said by my endo and proven in blood analytics)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2023 10:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia congratulations!They are very good results, especially glycosilada.
@matrix The only exact measure is that of blood analysis.Those of LibreLink and others are estimates, analyze the interstitial fluid and make an interpretation of what can be happening in the blood, so, in addition to the temporal lag (15 minutes) there are other factors that can alter that relationship (crushing the sensor, cold or heat).Even the capillary can be diverted a bit of blood glucose.
The important thing with the sensor is that the differences are not very large and do not involve making misguided decisions (thinking that you are in hiccups and take hydrates to trace, for example)

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/07/2023 11:51 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

This time my daughter came quite worried with the sensors, because she had 6.8 glucosilada in the analytics and yet on her mobile she was 6.3.
The glycosilada never had so high, came to think about returning to the strips.
In the end he decided to put the sensor, but he will once check, because he usually marks about 20 units.If the glucosilada goes wrong because of the sensor, it is not funny

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/07/2023 2:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Do you have Diabox?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/07/2023 3:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.