Hello!

JRIuris's profile photo   10/15/2023 1:27 p.m.

Hello, my name is Jorge and I am from Galicia.Just a month ago I was diagnosed, with 30 years, type 1 diabetes.

I carry it as I can, I think quite well, but this week it has been something strange, since I enter 2 or 3 minor hypoglycemia every day.I think it's the so -called honeymoon effect ...

Greetings to all!

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
10/15/2023 1:27 p.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

jriuris said:
Hello, my name Jorge and I am from Galicia.Just a month ago I was diagnosed, with 30 years, type 1 diabetes.

I carry it as I can, I think quite well, but this week it has been something strange, since I enter 2 or 3 minor hypoglycemia every day.I think it's the so -called honeymoon effect ...

Greetings to all!

Hi @jriuris welcome to the forum, I hope you find support and above all information about diabetes.
Quiet, you just debuted and you will need time to assimilate everything.
Little by little you will know better tu diabetes and you can lead a "almost" normal life.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/15/2023 1:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Jrluris: Welcome to the forum and encouragement that this has just started for you.
What you say from 2 or 3 minor hypoglycemia a day is a lot.You have to go down the insulin that have been scheduled if the hypos are repeated at the same time two or three days in a row.
If the descents are within 2 hours after eating the culprit is the fast insulin you get.
If you get up in the morning with hiccups, you have to lower the slow.
And vice versa, raise the doses if you see that you go up.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/15/2023 1:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Thank you so much!!🥰🥰

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
10/16/2023 6:54 p.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

Welcome.I hope you continue to carry it well but any questions or something you need, here we are.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/16/2023 8:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Welcome.At first diabetes is disconcerting.Little by little you will identify patterns and learn how your body reacts to insulin, hydrates and exercise.My experience in this forum is that there are not two equal diabetics, but you learn from each one.
Cheer up.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/16/2023 9:11 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Jriuris welcome to the forum!What is happening to you is totally normal ..... I am for almost 2 years and for me the first year was crazy ... putting insulin and that your pancreas still generates does not know how much or when it is when it isVery complicated and difficult to manage .... You get x units and then give you to work .... insured hypo.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/17/2023 12:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.