Electromyography

caromorella's profile photo   05/31/2023 6:59 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone.Has anyone done this study?
Some time ago I felt a burning on the right foot for several days.Then I went away.But since I am already 30 years old with diabetes, my doctor told me that it should be done.I have a turn for 10 days.
She told me that it was a little bloody study, someone who has done it can tell me if this is so?
Thank you

caromorella's profile photo
caromorella
05/31/2023 6:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have done it and as a bloody, they put some cables on the feet and legs and at most tickling notes, that your doctor exaggerated, xD

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/31/2023 7:13 p.m.

What exaggerated that it is your doctor, I have also done it and you not notice anything, I don't even remember what I noticed, if I had noticed pain I would remember.
What I do not understand is why symptoms almost always on the right foot to almost all.I 1 year before the diabetes were diagnosed, I already had symptoms of neuropathy on the right foot and I do not wantLike me that at 38 I was diagnosed with diabetes, until I am taking care of my diabetes, then I went from my diabetes to 44 years and because of my diabetes 4 years my diabetes has multiplied, I have polyneuropathy until almost very very veryNear the knee on the right leg (I have a wound and I do not heal or want, I am with healing ointments and there is no way), I now have 46 for 47 years.I repeat it again take care of your diabetes !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
05/31/2023 9:11 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

diabetic said:
I have done it and as a bloody, they put some cables on the feet and legs and at most tickling notes, that exaggerated your doctor, xD

Thanks for telling me

caromorella
06/01/2023 1:43 a.m.

pyrri said:
What exaggerated that it is your doctor, I have also done it and you do not notice anything, I don't even remember what I noticed, if I had noticed pain I would remember.
What I do not understand is why symptoms almost always on the right foot to almost all.I 1 year before the diabetes were diagnosed, I already had symptoms of neuropathy on the right foot and I do not wantLike me that at 38 I was diagnosed with diabetes, until I am taking care of my diabetes, then I went from my diabetes to 44 years and because of my diabetes 4 years my diabetes has multiplied, I have polyneuropathy until almost very very veryNear the knee on the right leg (I have a wound and I do not heal or want, I am with healing ointments and there is no way), I now have 46 for 47 years.I repeat it again take care of your diabetes !!

Ok surely this lady exaggerate
If I understand perfect everything you say.Outside this study I am following my diabetes very closely I have no symptom but I am going to do the study the same.Thank you!!!

caromorella
06/01/2023 1:44 a.m.

I did a similar, vascular test, and you don't notice anything.They pass you current to see answer.
In my case my lack of sensitivity and pain does not seem neuropathy, it comes from Raynaud's syndrome;A shit, if I continue like this, in a few years I can lose finger due to lack of irrigation.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2023 12:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I did a similar, vascular test, and you don't notice anything.They pass you current to see answer.
In my case my lack of sensitivity and pain does not seem neuropathy, it comes from Raynaud's syndrome;A shit, if I continue like this, in a few years I can lose finger due to lack of irrigation.

Thanks for your answer.What I felt is a bit of burning but it is also true that it coincided with an era that here in Argentina towards a lot of heat.Anyway, discard neuropathy after so many years does not hurt
I hope your case does not advance then.Thanks for your answer

caromorella
06/01/2023 3:47 p.m.

I have done several and of bloody they have nothing, although they give you some small punctures because some small electrodes are stuck in the legs.That does not take away from you, but it is bearable without problem, and it is an essential tool to control our neuropathy or discard it.It seems that no diabetic is a normal EMG, although the damages are usually subclinical

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
06/04/2023 11:44 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

caromorella said:
good afternoon to all.Has anyone done this study?
Some time ago I felt a burning on the right foot for several days.Then I went away.But since I am already 30 years old with diabetes, my doctor told me that it should be done.I have a turn for 10 days.
She told me that it was a little bloody study, someone who has done it can tell me if this is so?
Thanks

Hello.Here we have diabetes for more than 50 years, so I tell you.I'm fine, and I haven't done that study for 30 years, if they are no more.Doctors always determine to gather information about you, but, in my opinion, that type of tests that are reduced to verifying degradation make no sense.A full -rule neuropathy gives you clear symptoms.What you don't have to do is obsess with small sensations, that way you will have symptoms of everything.

As for the test, I tell you an anecdote.The test consists of putting a small voltage in a nerve and detecting when it reaches the other end.Nor does it have to hurt, it is not "bloody", just a slight induced tremor in the member by the small electric current.

But doctors are as they are.When I was a child and a young man, they made it to me in the children's hospital in my city and there I was going to be older, because my mother was a nurse there.Everything went well until I had an age and I had to go to the hospital of the elderly.There was a suffering.And find out what was happening, that was very curious.In children they were very careful not to make the patient suffer, because being a child, he bounced, cried, shouted, moved, even vomited, and made it impossible to finish the test.Something similar happened to them with the electro-idephalograms and cardiograms, my mother brought me resams and resams of discarded paper.On the other hand, the elderly, and such, and if you complained they told you to shut up and now.What happened is that the test becomes easier if you upload the voltage, and according to which doctor of doctor, that the patient passes it wrong exactly the same.

All this was 30 years ago.Then, in the elderly hospital they put a normal type of my years in neurophysiology, which made you the test without making you suffer.As if you were a child, go.

I think you will not have any problem.But if it hurts you, you look up a chicken and put a complaint in patient care.Luck.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
06/04/2023 1:27 p.m.

I have done 2, the last one about 5 years ago, they told me that it should be annual, but they have never lost it again and I ... because I have no discomfort or problems so either.
The most are cramps or discomfort.
They also told me that it was very annoying, but that test was done to children with polio, so the voltages were probably older, I want to believe as @"Cristóbal Cortés" says that they are not so aggressive now.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
06/04/2023 1:37 p.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
caromorella said:
good afternoon everyone.Has anyone done this study?
Thanks

Hello.Here we have diabetes for more than 50 years, so I tell you.I'm fine, and I haven't done that study for 30 years, if they are no more.Doctors always determine to gather information about you, but, in my opinion, that type of tests that are reduced to verifying degradation make no sense.A full -rule neuropathy gives you clear symptoms.What you don't have to do is obsess with small sensations, that way you will have symptoms of everything.

As for the test, I tell you an anecdote.The test consists of putting a small voltage in a nerve and detecting when it reaches the other end.Nor does it have to hurt, it is not "bloody", just a slight induced tremor in the member by the small electric current.

But doctors are as they are.When I was a child and a young man, they made it to me in the children's hospital in my city and there I was going to be older, because my mother was a nurse there.Everything went well until I had an age and I had to go to the hospital of the elderly.There was a suffering.And find out what was happening, that was very curious.In children they were very careful not to make the patient suffer, because being a child, he bounced, cried, shouted, moved, even vomited, and made it impossible to finish the test.Something similar happened to them with the electro-idephalograms and cardiograms, my mother brought me resams and resams of discarded paper.On the other hand, the elderly, and such, and if you complained they told you to shut up and now.What happened is that the test becomes easier if you upload the voltage, and according to which doctor of doctor, that the patient passes it wrong exactly the same.

All this was 30 years ago.Then, in the elderly hospital they put a normal type of my years in neurophysiology, which made you the test without making you suffer.As if you were a child, go.

I think you will not have any problem.But if it hurts you, you look up a chicken and put a complaint in patient care.Good luck.

Very good thanks for this information I can use it in my favor !!

caromorella
06/05/2023 12:31 a.m.

merchem said:
I have done 2, the last one about 5 years ago, they told me that it should be annual, but they have never lost it again and I ... Well, I have no discomfort or problems or problemsSo either.
The most are cramps or discomfort.
They also told me that it was very annoying, but that test was done to children with polio, so the voltages were probably older, I want to believe as @"Cristóbal Cortés" says that they are not so aggressive now.

excellent thank you very much for your answer

caromorella
06/05/2023 12:31 a.m.

Hello everyone, they finally did it and never contemple as it went.If it was upset.They do not voltages but some needles placed me in the leg muscles and although the punctures were finished.I have high pain tolerance but I think it was annoying and even a bit painful.
The studio shows that I have a very mild neuropathy, the DRA that did the study recommended that I do it once a year.But then I saw a neurology that told me that once a year I will see her to make me a physical test and that according to that or not to repeat it since all the reflexes are perfect.We will see how the future thing follows.

caromorella
09/11/2023 2:55 a.m.

In the LFORO we are several with peripheral neuropathy, mine is moderate to severe, I keep it at bay with glycosiladcan

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/11/2023 11:39 a.m.

diabetic said:
In the lufforus we are several with peripheral neuropathy, mine is moderate to severe, I keep it at bay with glycosilada of 6 or less, vitamin B12 and magnesium, consult yourdoctor and encouragement fight so that you can go more than you can

If I already believe it.The neurology gave me a lot of mood, that I keep taking care of me and that with 30 years of evolution it is quite logical that somewhere bother.He told me that my physical exam was a 10, that that was something very good, and that we saw each other within a year.

caromorella
09/11/2023 5:48 p.m.

caromorella said:
hello everyone, finally did it and never context as it went.If it was upset.They do not voltages but some needles placed me in the leg muscles and although the punctures were finished.I have high pain tolerance but I think it was annoying and even a bit painful.
The studio shows that I have a very mild neuropathy, the DRA that did the study recommended that I do it once a year.But then I saw a neurology that told me that once a year I will see her to make me a physical test and that according to that or not to repeat it since all the reflexes are perfect.We will see how the future thing follows.

Well ... maybe they don't do it in all places the same, or I have very bad memory ...
When I was 10-11, they did it to me because at night my leg hurt enough ...
And I remember it as something horrible, the needles stuck with the electrodes and gave me corriezos ...
It hurt a lot, and that I have enough pain threshold and I didn't "ride it."But I cried in silence the biggest.
They told me that it was fine, to repeat it every two years, and as it stopped hurting my leg, because ... I have not returned.
I do not know if when you are little you magnificate, or that the mine was different, but it is not like when they make you an electro and notes "corientilla" ... and they put the electrodes on the sticker and the clamp ... to meThey pricked them, and the needle was precisely not fine.
It was also about 20 years ago ... maybe it has to do with ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/12/2023 12:07 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

They have made me a couple of them in my right arm and the needles have been fatal, not so much for pain but for the needle itself ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
09/12/2023 9:52 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

If the needles go right in the muscle, it is painful.The doctor who made it told me that because he was insulin -dependent 30 years ago he had to make it 1 time a year.After the neurologist said that what he had to do 1 time a year is a control with her, to tell me whether or not to repeat it.It seemed sensible to me.

caromorella
09/12/2023 10:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.