{'en': 'Anxiety and symptoms of hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Ansiedad y sintomas de hipoglucemias'} Image

Anxiety and symptoms of hypoglycemia

nuski's profile photo   06/26/2023 1:02 a.m.

Hello,
I have diabetes for 15 years and until recently I had my body quite controlled.
A couple of years ago I had bad controls due to the malfunction of several insulin pumps.I do not know if it was for this reason or on the other, but I began to have symptoms in hypoglycemia that I had never had, and are very similar to those of anxiety, so in certain situations I end up having anxiety attacks due to hypoglycemia.It does not happen to me in all hypoglycemia, but in very strong and fast sugar declines (for example, go from being from 240 to 120 in a matter of 15-20 minutes and then ended little by little below 60. Some with active insulinFrom a long time ago, and others even without any active insulin.
These symptoms are: nausea, nervousness, belly pain, weakness (very different from the weakness I feel in normal hypoglycemia).
I go to psychologists but I just just felt 100%.

I come here to see if someone has or have had these symptoms or similar situations with such strong declines and that they cost to trace.I would like to know if you have tricks to relax or tips to prevent all this.

Thank you so much.

nuski's profile photo
nuski
06/26/2023 1:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What bomb do you carry?
I worked with insulin bolis and I miss your comment a little because I understand that the most modern bombs stop supplying insulin when they anticipate that you will have hypoglycemia and, on the contrary, when you leave the trait established aboveinsulin.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/26/2023 1:30 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@nuski, I hope that this article related to anxiety helps you:
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/26/2023 1:36 p.m.

@Ricki21 Modern bombs supply or cut when they work with closed loop.I still do not carry it that way, it is me who for the basal when the trend is in descent or if I pass with the bolus and enter hiccup.I suppose that if you have entered hiccups it is because its basal programming is not correct and has it passed.Like when you need 11 units.With Boli and you are getting 14 ..... I don't know if I explain.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
06/28/2023 1:07 p.m.

@Cassie, since you start with the bomb, how long make you wait to move on to the closed loop?And what is the reason for that wait?
The closed handle system seems to me the best solution to control diabetes and relieve mental pressure (decision -making, mistakes, ...) that diabetics have to endure daily.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/28/2023 1:37 p.m.

@Ricki21 in my case 7 months, but because I enter a study along with 4 other girls.The bomb I knew how to handle the first week.First I managed it totally manual, now I am in the phase to inject through an application with the mobile and already in September we change the sensor for a more reliable one and start with the closed loop.One of my educators is a user of her and always tells us when we go to the study controls, which we are going to freak out when it works alone.To carry good control, there were days that I had to prick up to 10 and 11 times a day and this for me has already been a break.Change the catheter every 3 or 4 days and when I inject and I find out ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
06/28/2023 3:06 p.m.

I know that this theme has days ...... for what you explain, you may be somatizing?An anxiety crisis is very annoying, the heart that seems to be flying and the feeling of drowning and tremors, I don't know what is worse, I recommend that you do meditation or yoga to learn to listen to you.
With my hypos at the beginning they were as a crisis of anxiety, now they have changed me and I ignore why, I only have the feeling that I am very comfortable and that I am going to sleep.
So I've had to learn to observe myself.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
07/23/2023 7:37 a.m.

Diagnosticada diabetes tipo 1 hace dos años.
Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

Good morning nuski.Regarding your comment, I use insulin pens, the quick novorapid and the slow Toujeo I want to tell you that I have been having hypoglycemia for a long time and still making sugar intakes or other foodMore than 90 and my symptoms are equal to yours.I have been diabetic for more than 7 years.Finally on the 27th I have consultation with an endocrine and nutritionist, after so many years, asking my MF.When I have a diagnosis I will present it here.Greetings and I hope that better little by little.

Ppi's profile photo
Ppi
07/23/2023 11 a.m.

ppi said:
good morning nuski.Regarding your comment, I use insulin pens, the quick novorapid and the slow Toujeo I want to tell you that I have been having hypoglycemia for a long time and still making sugar intakes or other foodMore than 90 and my symptoms are equal to yours.I have been diabetic for more than 7 years.Finally on the 27th I have consultation with an endocrine and nutritionist, after so many years, asking my MF.When I have a diagnosis I will present it here.Greetings and I hope that better little by little.

Having hypoglycemia many hours is very bad.Take a can of Coca Cola with 37gr of sugar that carries and goes back it right away.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/23/2023 7:45 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Ppi, if you have many hypoglycemia, you will have to reduce the dose of insulin.
If you wake up low, it will be the slow one that you will have to adjust.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2023 9:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, sometimes it gives me anxiety when I have hypos, I was asymptomatic and I was very happy and 15 years ago it gave me a very fat that I almost died and unknown that day I notice everything when it goes down and if it goes down quickly at me sometimesIt gives me amsiety.I try to think that it is very momentary and that's it.The truth is that when I go quickly I find me fatal.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
07/31/2023 4:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.