{'en': "No matter how much I read you, I don't understand anything", 'es': 'Por mas que os leo no entiendo nada'} Image

No matter how much I read you, I don't understand anything

_vane_'s profile photo   11/05/2023 5:37 p.m.

Good afternoon,

A few months ago I introduced myself, and I have been reading you day if and the other too.

I have type1 diabetes for three years, in which my pancreas got rid and I was left alone with 20% that does not work.
They talk about correcting with 1 or 2 units, I use three unnamed night.

Every time I, I shed 12 or 15 Humalog units and sometimes the curve does not move.

What are the ketone bodies and how I can or where to look at them.

I don't understand H and C?Nor anything of the acronym you use.

I am 50 years old and it gives me the feeling of having many more, I do not understand anything I feel very old, here is a diabetes unit but they do not explain anything, anxiety consumes me and I take a lot of medication and yet it is hard for me to control myself.

The normal thing in me is to be 300 or so.

I thought that with clicking and correcting it was already, but now I think so much should not be good.

I can't live only with vegetables, and I don't like meat, to eat it I have to "disguise" and sometimes or with that.
As ice cream at night, if I do not, I am not able to sleep even taking the medication.

I am waiting for social security to place a gastric ball because I am huge!as never in my life

I want to die.

I don't know, I suppose I'm still disqualabiled and I can't believe what is happening to me.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
11/05/2023 5:37 p.m.

Diagnosticada diabetes tipo 1 hace dos años.
Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

@_Vane_ Hello!First of all don't worry about not knowing!We are many who are willing to help you, even if they seem simple things ...

Although you have been diabetic for a while, they may have given you little training.And so it is very complex to carry this disease.

Your weight is a condition ... surely you have a lot of insulin resistance.Don't you use an insulin that is for the whole day (basal) as for ej toujeo, Insulatard ...?I think you would reduce the rapid (Humalog)
Where do you live...?Maybe you can change the center/hospital.

HC are carbohydrates.
The ketone bodies can be checked in the urine with strips that you can buy in the pharmacy.

When we talk about "correcting" we do it based on the glucose we have and if you are going to eat, you also have to calculate the portions.
Each one must see the sensitivity factor we have to correct.
The sensitivity factor is how many unds.Glucose lowers you with 1und.fast ..
For example: If you have 300 and with 3UDS.You get in 150 (value within the acceptable) Your value is 50. If you get less, then it will be 40-30 ... you see accounts.

Apart from the counting of rations (of hydrates) in each meal.You must calculate that every 10g are 1 ration and for each ration, it is normal to get 1End.
In each meal you must check what you are going to eat and calculate the rations and also look at what you have of glucose and calculate the correction.
For example: If you have 200 before eating and you are going to eat 3 rations of HC, you would put 3 for hydrates + 1 for the correction of what you have at that time.
You have to play with that ...

I recommend you to do eg, how little it is ... and eat as healthy as possible ...

It is very difficult to explain everything in a comment ... but you'll see that little by little you are learning.We can all help you and surely you put a lot of effort.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/05/2023 6:55 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Hello!Let's see if I can help you ...

1. One thing are the units to correct glucose peaks and another the normal insulin dose.For example, I get 24 united from Toujeo and 3 or 4 of Novoeapid with meals.If for whatever it is as more or gets, then I correct with 1 or 2 units of fast insulin.You have to calculate that knowing your 8th of insulin sensitivity.

2. The ketone bodies are, say, the consequence of having high glucose, or that explains my endocrine.If you are a long time above 250, there is a risk of generating ketone bodies, which can lead to a diabetic zeroacidosis, a dangerous scenario.

It is controlled with strips of ketone bodies and a glucometer, I use Abbot's optium neo.

3. HC is the abbreviation of carbohydrates.It is recommended to control the carbohydrates that are ingested, because they rise glucose.The consumption of hydrates depends, in part, the insulin you need.It is crucial to calculate them in each meal

4. It is true, being in 300 as a general rule is a lot, and clicking every two by three is not a plan.Everyone has its circumstances, but it works great to do a little exercise.Walking fast 20 min has wonderful effects on glucose descent.

I hope I have helped with this post.Much encouragement!

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
11/05/2023 6:58 p.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

Hello, your case is complicated because you have a lot of insulin resistance.That is why putting you a lot sometimes does not take effect.Body fat is the one that causes resistance, so if you are "huge" as you say, losing weight will be practically solved the issue of resistance.
Regardless of what I tell you, that it is not easy, you could talk to your doctor and that prescribes you, apart from insulin, metformin.It greatly reduces resistance and makes less insulin need and is easier to control diabetes.I take it and when I forget I notice that the insulin that I always wear, without metformin, is not enough.
Likewise, as they tell you, the walking helps a lot to go down ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/05/2023 8:10 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Vane: Take advantage that you have a diabetes unit nearby and asks to explain what carbohydrates (HC) are and how you can improve the control of your diabetes improving your diet and exercising more.You are 50 years old, you have a lot of life ahead and at that age you can learn what you propose

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/05/2023 10:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Thank you very much for your answers, thank you.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
11/07/2023 8:56 a.m.

Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

Hello how.I also have 50 and I started diabetes at 11.
If you do not give you formation in diabetes, it is normal that you are not well.It is very important that you see you an endocrine and send you to a diabetes classroom, where you will learn to control and know your diabetes, better than any doctor.
Insulin needs vary greatly depending on your weight and what you move per day.
You must have two insulins, a slow one, which is the one that keeps you well during the whole day and a quick, which is for meals.
It is very important that you start doing some sport, walking is perfect.You will notice how the glucose lowers you a lot, during the next 24 hours, but you should not exercise with high glucose, let's put more than 250. You would upload cetosis.If you see that you are high before exercise, you get a little fast and voila.
Good luck compi.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
11/12/2023 12:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Juan, I live in the Principality of Andorra.
This means that there is only one diabetes unit, they limit themselves to downloading the information from my freestyle to the computer, so do you say you are very high how much did you put in slow?
What was you using it?Ahhhh Well, now you will get 40 from Tresiba.
Humalog already as you see
And chinpum, nothing more
The endocrine 1 time every six months, the diabetes nurse enters, explains what I am getting and until later Maricarmen.
I did not know, thank you for the data.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
11/15/2023 6:28 p.m.

Sin páncreas.

@_Vane_ Try even if it is quick 20 MINS A day, you will see how your controls improve, physical exercise is essential in controlling this disease and is healthy for your body and mind, and if you can do well to contact you with a diabetes educatorthat you give guidelines and a little guidance on disease, nutrition, exercise, etc etc

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
11/16/2023 11:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!

In addition to what they have told you, there is something that has not yet deepened and it seems very important, and it is your mental health.You mention that you have a lot of anxiety, and it doesn't miss me!To me, at first, it was one of the things that prevented me from going down from 300. I didn't matter the insulin that put me, or what I ate, or anything, I never went down from 200 and peak 😔

It was essential for me to go to the psychologist and the psychiatrist.If you think that in that sense you need help, do not cut yourself and ask it because the head is also a very important factor and the more you leave it worse and more difficult recovery.

Good luck with what you have ahead and a lot of encouragement.As the companions have told you, here we are for what you need!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
11/16/2023 11:46 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

rogerix said:
@_ vane_ tries even, and if you can do well to contact a diabetes educator who gives you guidelines and a little guidance on the disease, nutrition, exercise, etc. etc
>

Well, I don't know where I am going to find it here ... Anyway, I walk to normal step about two and a half hours and already at half yoga horita house.
I am going fast ... I have an epoc and drown.
Thank you so much.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
11/18/2023 1:06 p.m.

Sin páncreas.

niñaburbuja said:
Hello!

In addition to what they have told you, there is something that has not yet deepened and it seems very important, and it is your mental health.You mention that you have a lot of anxiety, and it doesn't miss me!To me, at first, it was one of the things that prevented me from going down from 300. I didn't matter the insulin that put me, or what I ate, or anything, I never went down from 200 and peak 😔

It was essential for me to go to the psychologist and the psychiatrist.If you think that in that sense you need help, do not cut yourself and ask it because the head is also a very important factor and the more you leave it worse and more difficult recovery.

Good luck with what you have ahead and a lot of encouragement.As the companions have told you, here we are for what you need!

Hello, I am already going to a psychiatrist and I am in search of a psychological that comes well.
Thank you so much :))

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
11/18/2023 1:07 p.m.

Sin páncreas.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.