Cataract operation in type 1 diabetics

PepeRodrigo's profile photo   11/12/2023 10:13 a.m.

Good morning:
My wife has just diagnosed a cataract in one of her eyes.She is 62 years old and has been with her diabetes since the 9th. The fact is that her obtalmologist has scared him a lot with respect to the possibility of operating when the time comes, in addition to giving him the blissful standard form of "informed consent" that the most seemeda statement of discharge of any medical responsibility on the operation.
I am sure that among the readers of the forum there must be successful people of cataracts successfully.Please, can you share your experience so that we know firsthand about what this type of operations supposes for a diabetic person?

We are very grateful for your opinions.

PepeRodrigo's profile photo
PepeRodrigo
11/12/2023 10:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

peperodrigo said:
good morning:
My wife has just diagnosed a cataract in one of her eyes.She is 62 years old and has been with her diabetes since the 9th. The fact is that her obtalmologist has scared him a lot with respect to the possibility of operating when the time comes, in addition to giving him the blissful standard form of "informed consent" that the most seemeda statement of discharge of any medical responsibility on the operation.
I am sure that among the readers of the forum there must be successful people of cataracts successfully.Please, can you share your experience so that we know firsthand about what this type of operations supposes for a diabetic person?

We are very grateful for your opinions.

Even what I know, it is no problem as there is no alteration in the retina by diabetes, if it has a lot of evolution as you say, it is quite likely.It is not a problem of the cataract in itself or the operation (removing the usual risks as infections that can happen to anyone) but in the case that already has some degree of retinopathy before, because theVision if it was already affected before by retinopathy.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/12/2023 10:54 a.m.

I operate myopia with intraocular lenses of the two eyes.The operation is the same as that of cataracts and I had no problem.I would carry with type 1 diabetes about 15 years.
If you read what UFFF conscious can happen to you, but all operations have their risks.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/12/2023 2:45 p.m.

I know a diabetic girl who operated with 30 years !!!And all good.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/12/2023 3:43 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.