{'en': 'Fallen foot (peroneal nerve neuropathy)', 'es': 'Pie caído (neuropatía del nervio peroneo)'} Image

Fallen foot (peroneal nerve neuropathy)

fosforero's profile photo   07/16/2023 8:59 p.m.

Hello friends,

Again I expose one of the complications that I suffer from my type 2 diabetes, which in principle I have always had controlled (I've been with a glycosilada of 5.6 and only on one occasion I had a maximum peak of 7.2).

I diagnose Diabetes 9 years ago and I have only taken an 850 mg pill of metformin a day.

3 years ago I was diagnosed with neuropathy of the peroneous nerve of the left leg, discovering that in the left foot I have lost my dorsiflexion.

It is what is vulgarly called fallen foot and when I walk that leg more than the account, it is what is called march in Stepage or duck walk.

Contact with you because I am surprised that having the glucose always in a correct range for a diabetic this complication is so unpleasant.

On the Internet I have seen that it is one of the possible complications of diabetes.

Has any of you had any similar experience?

Because I have the impression that everything bad comes to me.

A cordial greeting and thanks for your comments!

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
07/16/2023 8:59 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

I drop the shadow sticks, @fosphorero.With that good control, the complication that has arisen to you is unexpected.Do you have treatment or rehabilitation?Can you reverse?
What a task.In this I cannot contribute anything, I have no idea, just give you a virtual hug and wish you better.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/18/2023 4:58 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@fosphorero I don't know anything about neuropathy either, but I am seeing that new treatments are coming out.Maybe it is not due to diabetes..
I hope you can improve.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/20/2023 12:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.