{'en': 'New in this forum', 'es': 'Nueva en este Foro'} Image

New in this forum

Ppi's profile photo   07/23/2023 11:09 a.m.

Good morning, I present myself, my name is Josefa although everyone calls me Pepi;I am 62 years old and I have been diabetic for more than 7.

My diabetes is of type 1 and I am insulin -dependent.

I have hyperglycemia and very often hypoglycemia.

Greetings!

Ppi's profile photo
Ppi
07/23/2023 11:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ppi said:
good morning, I introduce myself, my name is Josefa although everyone calls me Pepi;I am 62 years old and I am a diabetic for more than 7. My diabetes is of type 1 and I am insulin -dependent.I have hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia very often.

Good morning, Pepi, welcome to this forum.
What you say about hyperglycemia and hyperglycemia is not ideal.
You have to try to look for the slow insulin dose that covers you between meals and that allows you to have the glycemia as stable as possible.
With fast insulin, I suppose they will have taught you to count rations and inject the rapid insulin in line with what you are going to eat, right?
If not, you must make an appointment with your educator to explain or remember how to do it.
Good luck and here we will be to help you in everything we can.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/23/2023 12:10 p.m.

Welcome to the @ppi forum.
The endocrine is treated?Do you carry a sensor?
You will have to adjust the slow and fast doses, if those hyper-hypos are repeated a lot.
I don't know if you have a nurse-o to help you with the adjustments.
What insulins do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2023 5:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning Sandman.I just arrived from my first appointment with my educator to explain everything concerning carbohydrates to inject the fast insulin necessary for each meal and that I knew before despite taking so many years of diabetics, since I have asked for manytimes to my mf an appointment.
Let's see if I can regulate it because yesterday I gave me a good scare I felt very bad and I took it twice and I had 44, after a while I took it again and came out, that is, I had it so low that I didn't even register it.
I hope it regulates me, because the frights are great.Thank you very much for commenting.

Ppi's profile photo
Ppi
08/07/2023 11:54 a.m.

ppi said:
good morning sandman.I just arrived from my first appointment with my educator to explain everything concerning carbohydrates to inject the fast insulin necessary for each meal and that I knew before despite taking so many years of diabetics, since I have asked for manytimes to my mf an appointment.
Let's see if I can regulate it because yesterday I gave me a good scare I felt very bad and I took it twice and I had 44, after a while I took it again and came out, that is, I had it so low that I didn't even register it.
I hope it regulates me, because the frights are great.Thank you very much for commenting.

At first I think it is better that you are something conservative with the insulin/hydrates adjustments to try to avoid the scares you comment.

I want to say that if you are going to eat a dish of whatever and calculate that you have to click 6 units, then you click 5 and so you see how your body reacts with each meal.You will already adjust with the experience, but I think that at first it is better to be a little higher until you get used to it.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/07/2023 12:06 p.m.

In 1981 I was detected diabetes 1. I have been clicking insulin for 42 years (about 70,000 injections) and after 45 years of advice, having had two great daughters (superior graduates who are working), I still, already retired, enjoying with my two grandchildren.Diabetes 1 is a misfortune just as they ampute a limb.You can continue living normally, adapting to the circumstances.The Abbott's freestyle sensor (which I have been carrying for 6 years), has been a very useful artifact for my well -being.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
08/13/2023 10:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.