Prediabetes

scully's profile photo   07/23/2023 11:58 a.m.

Hello!I had diabetes in the two pregnancies after two years of the last when I did the analyzes, prediabetes has come to me in glycosylated hemoglobin markers
My question is fasting the level was correct I have been with the glucometer these days but I get normal levels all day
I do not understand well, I should have wish my levels badly with the glucometer, right?Until a month I have no appointment with the endocrine
It is true that I am well weight and the rest of markers thyroid triglycerides are in normal

scully's profile photo
scully
07/23/2023 11:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

How long has glycosilada come out?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
07/23/2023 12:40 p.m.

A1C hemoglobin (NGSP) (a) 5.8 % This would have to be less than 5.7

Hemoglobin A1C (IFCC) 39.89 mmol/mol This would have to be less than 38.8 supposed
According to laboratory's scales

scully's profile photo
scully
07/23/2023 12:49 p.m.

@Scully: Have you looked at how you have glycemia at 2 or 3 hours after having eaten?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/23/2023 1:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Well, let's see what they tell you, but 5.8 for my doctor is non -diabetic.You are very at the limit.Don't worry too much.
Yes I want to answer you about the glucometer.For many measurements you make you are seeing photos of a graph.Maybe you have given a high beak and just then you have not measured.Or as people who are only measured when rising.You can get up well and then be uncontrolled all day (and not see it).That is why glycosilada, which is an average, is a chivato.And yours is not so bad.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/23/2023 1:27 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thanks for the answers! I will see in September to see what the endocrine tells me
Yes, after 2 hours of eating I was fine of levels yesterday 117 91 95 after dinner breakfast food ...

scully's profile photo
scully
07/23/2023 1:32 p.m.

I agree with @isabelbota for my endocrine that is not diabetes are indicative values ​​of laboratories and we already know what laboratories are looking for

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
07/23/2023 1:35 p.m.

Thank you guys :) that from the two pregnancies they already told me to take care of me because otherwise the diabetes was coming soon and I always go there with Damocles's sword when I do analysis I try to take care of myself but I do not always do it very well :(

scully's profile photo
scully
07/23/2023 1:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.