{'en': 'Errors, their causes and how to solve them using insulin pump', 'es': 'Errores, sus causas y como solucionarlos usando bomba de insulina'} Image

Errors, their causes and how to solve them using insulin pump

moñiño's profile photo   08/04/2023 6:08 p.m.

Since the insulin pump model changed, for a more "modelna" I go with my fatal diabetes.

The good thing is that I have had so many problems in investigating, asking technical services, distributors, visitors ...... Well, possible causes are leaving.

I will expose some here, so that they serve as a guide.

I base mainly on the Ypso model, but because of what was commented with other sources (SAT, visitors ...) they are worth other models.

1) You feel that more than once a day, with a more or less relative frequency, the dog's needle burns you on the skin, simply normally, not to adopt any posture that tightens it (as it could be if you carry itIn your stomach and bends) and you check that those days are higher than normal, no matter how much you do.

Cause: Check the state of the aposty that hits the canula to the skin.Look at if there is a clearance somewhere.Quite possibly it has taken off generally upwards, or to explain it better, the flange if it is stuck but the center does not.This means that in the center where the needle is, it has a clearance and between and between the tip of a small millimeter when moving.That is why that slight puncture hurts again.If you are also tall, even if you look like the stuck canula, the needle is more out than inside where it should be, so you probably do not enter where the insulin units that should be putting and thus go up your levels of sugar.

Solution.Change Canula.

2) You put on the area where you have the sensor.Unconsciously you do nothing but bring your hand to scratch you (care that sometimes I have come to scratch and start the sensor).And discover that there is a lot of difference between what the sensor and blood glucose indicates in more than 70% of the occasions.

Cause: First keep in mind if you are a person who sweats a lot or to ultimately carried out activities that have made you sweat "by drop".Well, these drops of sweat can reach the wet, soak up, the metal parts of the sensor (in the DG6) or in others I suppose that similar (as I commented on the SAT) that although they do not come to corrupt or oxidize those parts, ifIt affects that sweat with falses to the extent.

Solution.Change the sensor.

3) In the Free sensor, just put it, you get a few drops of blood through the central hole.That sensor does not mark as fine as others you have taken.

Cause: You have caught a venilla.The blood could reach contacts and that sensor may have the falsified measure.

Solution: Try to calibrate.Change the sensor.

And I leave it here for now not to lengthen anymore.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
08/04/2023 6:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Moñiño, can't you return to the pump before?
It doesn't have to be so difficult.You have everything demonstrated.
Ask for an urgent appointment with the endo or telephone appointment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/04/2023 6:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@moñiño, can't you return to the pump before?
It doesn't have to be so difficult.You have everything demonstrated.
Ask for an urgent appointment with the endo or telephone appointment.

He had the appointment in July, they annulled it due to agenda problems.The next week a month ago.I will insist again.
The previous bomb, according to explanation, is withdrawn from the market.What I believe: I changed contract in the hospital with this new supplier so you have to "sell" the new bomb.This is still business.And I know.In his day I was Abbot shareholder.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
08/04/2023 11:21 p.m.

Hello.Let's see what I say (the photo is at 1 pm, which for obvious reasons, I ended up falling the cannula).As I said a lot.Thus it happens that when you move and the needle ends up taking a clearance, or the cannula takes off something, in addition to the bag.It is a huge discomfort all day like this.Solution: Change the cannula.Cons: I ended up staying without them because the expenses before the new spare parts arrive.I have become more than 20 days without them.style = "max-width: 300px; height: car;"/>

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
08/17/2023 6:03 p.m.

There are people who put a competition on the skin and on top of the sensor, leave a hole for the filament.

There are others that nothing, based on capillaries, have no choice.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/17/2023 9:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Everything I have tried is detached.From sprays to all kinds of adhesives.It ends up taking off.Also for my work, I get bad almost any part of the body.I'm bending, in confined spaces .....

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
08/17/2023 10:55 p.m.

@Moñiño maybe you are better with bolis, with toujeo or threeiba, I don't know if you've tried them ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/18/2023 2:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Yes, I spent many years with Lantus and Humalog.They insisted on putting the bomb for a Dream of Alba, which in 20 minutes shot me, almost every night at 400. He corrected with the first bomb.With this second it does not appear but it has all these inconveniences.The problem is the bomb.Before, like everything, there were 2 models and OK worked.Now they do them to sell.More manufacturers, more spare parts, than if with the app ..... nothing, every business.As before .....
And with the same -free sensors.yet.I was Indian bunny, of tests, before they went on the market .... nothing to do with the shit they distribute today.Those if they lasted, they did not fall or give them with a hammer, more reliable ..... at the end.It will have to be so.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
08/18/2023 4:05 p.m.

@"Moñiño" is that Lantus did not last 24 hours .., but now Toujeo did last.
Let's see if you are lucky and you can get a better treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/19/2023 2:47 a.m.

Toujeo was going very badly.A roller mountain.Let's see, before they gave me the bomb (it was more difficult for years to make deserves) pass through the entire protocol.Including trying other insulins.Toujeo and Tresiba Fatal The reaction of my body.A swing.In an hour I was 300 to go down to 60 or setback.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
08/19/2023 2:36 p.m.

moñiño said:
Everything I have tried is detached.From sprays to all kinds of adhesives.It ends up taking off.Also for my work, I get bad almost any part of the body.I'm bending, in confined spaces .....

It holds me two weeks including showers and sweats: Leukoplast Leukomed t plus of 8x10 cm., National code 171875. Before applying it I make 3 rows of holes in the center with a needle, they say it has to "breathe".

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
08/20/2023 6:54 p.m.

Thank you.I will try

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
08/20/2023 10:41 p.m.

The entire cannula fills like moisture ..... canula off.q2zuly199li3.jp "style =" max-width: 300px;

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
09/06/2023 5:53 p.m.

Juanluis1957 said:
moñiño said:

It holds me two weeks including showers and sweats: Leukoplast Leukomed t plus of 8x10 cm., National code 171875. Before applying it I make 3 rows of holes in the center with a needle, they say it has to "breathe".

I have tried a similar one that they have given me in the Medical Center.The problem is in the center hole.Ysopump cannulas have such little tape, that it is difficult to paste them to them, but then if you put it above, the catheter does not fit enough.He does not do the two clips and does not enter what he has to enter as he has to enter, insulin.You have to be very precise in the holes.And finally I took off.
I don't see it as improved.Improvement is something that improves your life that does not go to measures, cut here and there to see if it fits ...It must be the manufacturer.So talk to the endo, if so I don't want the bomb.To return and wish the manufacturers if they want to get to Elo, at least with me.Step of this without living from being pending every 2 x 3 to see if it measures well, that if it increases or low basal, remove bomb to put them, keep bomb.So much movement ... pulls, that the tecalan is hooked .....
In my many years of diabetic, even when I started more than with injections, I had felt so being.Before I almost forgot (even with that first bomb I had) and now worse than a first -time father behind the bomb, the canulas and others.
They have become a business with hospitals and little looks at the global needs of the patient (gum reduction, rubber to hit the skin, material quality .... very intuitive, which can understand them from a child4 years old to a person over 78 as the first one I had ....... and I know what I was talking about that I was an Abbott shareholder for a while and I went to some business line meetings and what was discussedthere so that we "had benefits").

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
09/06/2023 6:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.