Strong glucose level variations in a very short time

fosforero's profile photo   11/21/2023 9:30 p.m.

I am type 2 for about 8 years and has always had glucose controlled only one 850 mg pill a day of metformin, diet and exercise.
Even so, for 3 and a half years I suffer from peripheral neuropathy, despite the fact that glycosylated hemoglobin is always below 6, they have done all kinds of tests looking for a reason for this neuropathy and have not found it, so thatWith many doubts they attribute it to my DM2.
Given these facts I have bought a glucometer two years ago to investigate a little more how glucose evolves in my leather in all situations: meals, fasting, exercise.
Lately I observe very large variations in a very short time after meals, I measure me and gives me 200 and after a minute it gives me 135. Is it possible to have those sudden variations?I thought it was a glucometer error, but maybe not that.
Because if those changes are true, I see a possible cause to my neuropathy: I have good glycosiladas but many high tips for a short time that my nerves can be damaging me.
How do you see it?
Greetings

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
11/21/2023 9:30 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

It seems to me that such sudden variations are not normal (although type2 I don't know much).

When I wore a sensor, at most in a minute I varied a few points.

I would recommend buying a sensor and being able to see and study well how your blood glucose curves are.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/21/2023 9:42 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
It seems to me that such sudden variations are not normal (although type2 I don't know much).

I would recommend buying a sensor and being able to see and study well how your blood glucose curves are.

I had thought about it, but I read you with great interest in this forum, and it seems that they give many mistakes and problems, I was considering buying one, but those negative comments in the forum have thrown me back

fosforero
11/21/2023 9:50 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

phosphorero said:
sherpa41 said:
It seems to me that these so abrupt variations are not normal (although type2 not much).

I had thought about it, but I read you with great interest in this forum, and it seems that they give many mistakes and problems, I was considering buying one, but those negative comments in the forum have thrown me back

I am one of those who will have seen that I complain, yet ... I don't change it for anything, hahahaha.It's very drastic ... I know, but it's "my life."
I know they are very expensive, but they will give you a lot of information.
Those peaks if they do not remain "much in time", are "normal", depending on what you eat ... and more only with metformin.
Actually you carry good control, because if not, you would not have that average gyroseTime in rank, the little variability ...

I am not a doctor ... but healthy, and I also tell you that neuropathy being diabetic, the easiest is to blame it for this ... and not investigate much more ... with this I tell you, that maybe it is notThe origin ... but come on that everything you do to have greater control is fantastic.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/21/2023 10:09 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Although the sensor always scores some points above or below.If the sensor is not very bad, that error is usually constant with what taking into account you can see the variations, the glucose curves in the meals, the exercise, etc.

And with the Diabox app you can even calib it.

I think that every diabetic should try it, at least once.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/21/2023 10:17 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

From my experience, with a sensor I would not get many conclusions, in my case if I had only tried it once and with the bad experience of the first I would no longer continue with them, especially when at 3 days it was no longer working.

Tavosugarfree's profile photo
Tavosugarfree
11/23/2023 10:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Tavosugarfree and didn't you claim it?

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/23/2023 11:13 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

phosphorero said:
I am type 2 for about 8 years and has always had the glucose controlled by taking only an 850 mg pill a day of metformin, diet and exercise.
Even so, for 3 and a half years I suffer from peripheral neuropathy, despite the fact that glycosylated hemoglobin is always below 6, they have done all kinds of tests looking for a reason for this neuropathy and have not found it, so thatWith many doubts they attribute it to my DM2.
Given these facts I have bought a glucometer two years ago to investigate a little more how glucose evolves in my leather in all situations: meals, fasting, exercise.
Lately I observe very large variations in a very short time after meals, I measure me and gives me 200 and after a minute it gives me 135. Is it possible to have those sudden variations?I thought it was a glucometer error, but maybe not that.
Because if those changes are true, I see a possible cause to my neuropathy: I have good glycosiladas but many high tips for a short time that my nerves can be damaging me.
How do you see it?
Greetings

What diet do you do?They have given me a 1500 kcal but it makes me food that I am not very sure they are correct for DM2, such as potatoes.Do you carry any specific exercise routine?Thank you

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 7:38 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

crash said:
phosphorero said:
I am type 2 for about 8 years and has always had the glucose controlled by taking only an 850 mg pill toMetformin, diet and exercise day.
How do you see it?
Greetings

What diet do you do?They have given me a 1500 kcal but it makes me food that I am not very sure they are correct for DM2, such as potatoes.Do you carry any specific exercise routine?Thanks

Regarding diet I go for free, having suppressed carbohydrates type potatoes, pasta and bread.I go to the gym every day and do 40 minutes of cardio and another 40 force.In that I am very constant, because I have peripheral neuropathy I am quite crowded.Luck

fosforero
11/25/2023 11:12 a.m.

I take good note @fosphorero.No refined flours, Ah and rice I think does nothing good.With the fan that I have always been of rice!

For what I have read in your previous entries in the forum you carry it very well.Surely if you continue in that line, everything will be done much more light.Hopefully I also maintain a record like the one you have.That has always been my battle horse with the things that I don't like.Although lately I have re -taking the taste of the walks, to that feeling of satisfaction that we have left after exercising, it is a magnificent feeling of well -being and on the other hand the duty fulfilled.

We are reading!:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 2:31 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

phosphorero said:
I am type 2 for about 8 years and has always had the glucose controlled by taking only an 850 mg pill a day of metformin, diet and exercise.
How do you see it?
Greetings

I would say that it is practically impossible to go from 200 to 135 in a minute, surely there was a problem with the glucometer, with the strips or in handling.You have to wash and dry very well before using it, the battery may be bad, or sometimes a bad factory strip can leave, there is no 100% guarantee because everything depends on many things.If you have punctured insulin of more and do an intense exercise below you may go down those 65 mg in 10 or 15 minutes, but in a minute I fear that it is physiologically impossible, but we are going that I am a doctor or biologist, I only think according to meexperience.

vdebuen's profile photo
vdebuen
11/26/2023 7:50 p.m.

(1968) Tipo LADA desde 2014

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.