A rookie with DM2 is presented

Crash's profile photo   11/25/2023 7:20 a.m.

Hello,

As a good impatient I was already around the forum looking for answers without having presented myself so proceed.

I have been diagnosed with DM2 about two weeks ago although I already suspected that I was in prediabetes since when I am going to see my mother (DM1) I take the opportunity to do some tests with reactive strips and glucometer.From that moment I decided to use and go out to give good postprandial walks with good results.The issue is that as I did not stop doing the coffee with the food because it re -incided in high blood glucose values.

Years ago I had a lot of sports and ate quite a bit since I did not fat but for some years I left that sports routine, although I did not sufficiently reduce food routine.I am currently 54 and to be sincere I had thrown the towel in my health.The last 20 years have been a roller coaster of night parties, hangover and dissolutive life.Yes, very fun, but it doesn't go on account.Having a restaurant was not one of the best decisions of my life, not because I have not enjoyed in the kitchen, I have enjoyed cooking, I am passionate about the kitchen.But oh!The nights that come after cooking services.And oh!The bad way to feed myself.You will have heard that in the house of blacksmith stick knife.Anyway, I will not go into details.But that lifestyle has clearly not helped.

Some time ago I made the decision to cut with alcohol, tobacco and everything else, which has been a great advance.This has caused that in certain situations I have supported me in the food looking for that feeling that dopamine gives.But from a time here I am taking it something more seriously and paying attention to the important, although I have not clearly struggled what is necessary to avoid the point where I find myself.I tell you all this so that you have an idea of ​​my lifestyle, because I firmly believe that apart from the cases that are given by pathologies, congenital issues, etc. (I speak from the most absolute ignorance) this disease is given in manyLifestyle cases, for a bad one specifically.At least in my case, my bad habits of life, food, exercise, dream have marked the path to this point.

After my latest analysis with 7.5%HBA1C values, in addition to other borders (slight hypertension, out of range transaminase, hdl cholesterol idem of idem, etc.) The doctor prescribed me metformin 850 mg and told me to take half a pillLunch and middle dinner by increasing entire pills.It also took Eutirox 75 for hypothyroidism (for 10 years) as well as Simvastatin 20 mg for a little less than a year.Type 2 obesity with a BMI of 38.

From the same day of the diagnosis I increased the walks in time and distance trying to maintain a good rhythm.And in fact, and this is frustrating, I increased the force exercises with the bad leg that I have revived an ancient sports injury in the spiny supra of the left shoulder, a real headache especially to sleep.

As I suppose that it will have also happened to you, from the moment of diagnosis I have tried to be up to date looking for information and thus I have reached the forum.I am motivated and optimistic but to see how the disease evolves.

I do not know if I must continue taking metformin at the main meals, since the doctor told me to do so for side effects.Which I suffered the first week but today I don't feel.I wonder if it will be possible to take both pills in the morning and so forget or if it will be better to take one in the morning and another at night or continue as the doctor told me.I await your opinion about it if you have been able to read so far.

And nothing more, we will get to know.I usually be active in the forums and I really like to help if you are inMy hand.Thank you for being there, since when there are changes in life it is good not to feel alone.

Greetings ;)

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 7:20 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Hi Crash.
Yes, it is seen that you are active ...
I liked your presentation, after reading it it seems that I know you 😂😂😂.
Let's see, metformin has its effect and duration, you can't take two in the morning and then nothing throughout the day ...
I take for breakfast and dinner.
For the rest because much mood, you will see how with sport and food regulas.
Welcome.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/25/2023 9:23 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

hahaha, that "you see that you are active ..." has sounded to "what a guy of uncle" xddd.Excuse me but I am taking a lot of juice to the forum and how I have time I take it.Thanks @isabelbota for the data, I will dose the two pills in the morning and night :)

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 9:40 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

crash said:
hahaha, that "you see that you are active ..." has sounded like "uncle's cog" xDDD.Excuse me but I am taking a lot of juice to the forum and how I have time I take it.Thanks @isabelbota for the data, I will dose the two pills in the morning and night :)

Nothing of the sort.I have not called you Capadillo, God free me ... 😂😂
And yes, I agree with you that this forum is learned a lot, and being a rookie more, although, as in life, you never stop learning.

isabelbota
11/25/2023 10:47 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I take a 850 mg pill of metformin per day and the endocrine tells me to take it before the main food, that is, at noon

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
11/25/2023 11:59 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

phosphorero said:
I take a pill of 850 mg of metformin per day and the endocrine tells me to take it before the main food, that is at noon

Thanks @Fosphorero, I will do how you tell me.I will continue with the pattern of taking them with the main meals.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 12:12 p.m.

Welcome to the club!
Metformin helps a lot, but before meals to prepare the body for what is coming.
Reduces the glucose that the liver produces and makes the body more sensitive to insulin

Gozoki's profile photo
Gozoki
11/25/2023 1:26 p.m.

DM 2 diagnosticado en marzo de 2023.
HG debut 13.2 Última HG: 2024 6.3
AntiGAD : Haberlos,Haylos... pero pocos. NEGATIVO pues.
Metformina 1-0-1
Toujeo: Guardada en la nevera... y que siga.

Agree @Gozoki, I will.The truth is that after the first days in which I suffered the side effects, especially nausea, now I do not give any problem the metformin pills that surely manufacture them in Bilbao, because of the size of XD

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 2:06 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
crash said:
hahaha, that "is seen that you are active ..." has sounded to "go whale of uncle" xDDD.Excuse me but I am taking a lot of juice to the forum and how I have time I take it.Thanks @isabelbota for the data, I will dose the two pills in the morning and night :)

Nothing of the sort.I have not called you Capadillo, God free me ... 😂😂
And yes, I agree with you that this forum is learned a lot, and being rookie more, although, as in life, you never stop learning.

: Smiley: That goes, don't worry that I said jokingly.I am very pitorreo and at this age it is already difficult to change: Smiley:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 3:09 p.m.

Already, we have the same age.

isabelbota
11/25/2023 4:53 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
now, we have the same age.

By the way @isabelBota That mountain where you appear in your profile photo is in the Mulhacén?

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/05/2023 10:38 p.m.

crash said:
Isabelbota said:
now, we have the same age.

By the way @isabelbota that mountain where you appear in your profile picture is in the mulhacén?

Just, I am in the weather vane with the Mulhacen in the background.

isabelbota
12/05/2023 10:59 p.m.

It seems that the mulhacén is there but no, it is not: wink:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/05/2023 11:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.