Do you know anything?Seen on Twitter

SilviaGRZ's profile photo   08/22/2023 6:05 p.m.

They create insulin pills that could end painful injections.

A team of researchers who develop oral insulin tablets to replace daily insulin injections in people with diabetes.

They have made an important discovery to find that the insulin of their latest version of oral tablets is absorbed in the same way as the injectable insulin.

The team has developed a different tablet that dissolves when it is placed between the gum and the cheek instead of swallowing.

The method takes advantage of the thin membrane of the oral mucosa, which allows all insulin to be delivered in the liver without wasting on the route.

The study has not yet been tested in humans, but it could be more sustainable, profitable and accessible, and could reduce the amount of plastic waste that is generated with daily injections.

FOUNTAIN:
Link ;t=4_a6e4qtp92fj_vzinbgog

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/22/2023 6:05 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Hi Silvia!

In the tweet I have seen that they say: "The study has not yet been tested in humans, but it could be more sustainable, profitable and accessible, and could reduce the amount of plastic waste that is generated with the daily injections."That if they have not yet tried in humans, it means that minimal will take to reach all 5 or 10 years ... that assuming that all the subsequent phases of the drug development go like silk (which I doubt it).

In any case, it is good to see that there are people who innova and try new things to treat diabetes, hopefully one day with the key and that we can see it !!!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
08/22/2023 7:11 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

If it has not yet been tested in humans, I would like to see how they put the tablet in the mouth to the mice, not out of coñala was successful, I'm fed up with so much puncture

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/22/2023 8:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.