Type 1 rookie

guns4bones's profile photo   11/25/2023 12:46 p.m.

Good to all !!
I introduce myself, I'm Raúl, I'm 21 years old and just a week ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
The truth is that I have thousands of doubts, doctors help a lot but day to day is weird, I don't know what things to buy, what foods (out of processed sugars) I have to avoid etc ...
I know that right now I see it much bigger than it is, but I can't help it, I think that presenting in a space for people with whom I share a disease is the best idea right now.
So, with pleasure, I present myself and I wore all the councils that you can give me !!
Greetings to all !!

guns4bones's profile photo
guns4bones
11/25/2023 12:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum!

In theory we can eat the same as a non -diabetic, except things that have a lot of added sugar.

In practice better reduce foods that have a high glycemic index (many hydrates) because they are very difficult to regulate with injected insulin.

These would be rice, pasta, bread, buns etc.But of course they are the best and easiest to eat, so it is difficult not to eat them.Then it's time to juggle with insulin and glucometer.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/25/2023 1:38 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I am diabetic since September, and the same thing happened to you, going to the purchase was a mess.It has helped me a lot to design a weekly menu and fully fulfill it until it fell apart with the insulin doses and the hydrates count.

The carbohydrates table of the Diabetes Foundation is very useful (you have it on Google).Then what I do is see in the Mercadona app the composition of each food I buy, and make a list before going to the super.

And like everything: going testing and learning, that feels good, that feels bad ...

Much encouragement!

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
11/25/2023 2:55 p.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

This is a bad time of the year to start diabetes.
The first, everything you put for diabetics is a lie.
They may not carry sugar, but they throw fruits, which is the sugar of fruits sweetens a lot, but also up the glucose.The same happens with the sorbitol and mannitol alcohols, they become sugar when they reach the blood.
There are even chickpeas for diabetics ... it's a scam.
You have to get used to reading the labels and discard everything that has sugar and the rest of the things should see the amount of carbohydrates (sugar) they have.
Try to receive diabetological training and go to a diabetic association.
You get used to quickly and you will have a long healthy life and better than the rest of the people, because they do not take care of themselves.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
11/25/2023 3:47 p.m.

Ufff ... a lot of encouragement and patience the first.
The most important thing is to give you diabetological education in your specialties center.

The second, forget the term "sugar."
Diabetics do not process carbohydrates because our pancreas no longer produces insulin or very little.

The best diet is to eat at the beginning the same amounts of hydrates and fats for food to learn to adjust insulin.The glycemia sensor helps a lot, but the glucometer measuring before each intake and 2 hours later.6 measurements a day.

Try to eat vegetables, meat and grilled fish and fruit.They usually recommend skim milk.Over time you will vary story, learn how your body works.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/25/2023 8:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Let's see, I understand that they will give you sensor.With him you can see what is going better and worse, which is different according to the person, although in general they are hydrates that makes us juggling to balance ourselves.
Anyway, within the hydrates, some go worse and others go better, and for everything I have read in the forum, the same thing happens to us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/25/2023 11:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Holi!I was also diagnosed last year in June, how are you taking it?

I understand with a week you were still in Panic, I threw a few weeks that half of the dish was basically lettuce, and food gave me a little fear, until my doctors told me to be calm, that it was not a rabbit hahaha

Talking to people who have happened the same is very good recipe :)

laurosky's profile photo
laurosky
02/20/2024 8:11 p.m.

Well, friend @guns4bones, here they have already given you good and wise advice, and I will not be less.

It ended up eating by whim and chopping between hours.That is very important, but even more important than not chopping between hours is eating at your hours.Imagine that each meal is like a photograph in which to reach the correct exposure you have to adjust 3 parameters: openness, speed and sensitivity iso.If you do the photo well, it will be perfectly exposed.If you are wrong in one, the photo will be dark or burned.Because in diabetes those 3 parameters are food, insulin and time (there is a room that is exercise, but I have ignored it to simplify).If you learn to balance the 3 will do well, I guarantee it.

It is also important to go to all the talks of your health center to find out where you are getting into and to learn how to get the storms that can be presented daily, but I also tell you that as you really learn it is looking at how your body reactsto food and insulin with the glucometer, that is, measuring glucose.

Before today your body adapted to your feeding guidelines, but now it is you who has to adapt to the guidelines of your body.Not everything is bad news: these guidelines are fixed and cyclical, so you just have to locate them, try to see what happens a few days and make modifications in those 3 parameters that I commented before.Have you never seen any movies in which some guys wantAre you going to shit, etc ...?Well, the same.: p

And if you are starting I don't know if you have already had any hypoglycemia.Faced with the doubt, at least until you know how to identify the symptoms, because from a descent you can stay dry in a couple of hours and that is why you have to avoid it to everything, but if the yuyu you are feeling it is for another reasonDifferent what will happen to you is that the glucose will rise more than the account and that, if it happens for one day it is not significant, especially taking into account the other option: to be dry, stiff, faste or whatever you want to call it.

Diabetes is like a bullYou take the measure, you make a good task and cut the 2 ears and tail.;)

Greetings and welcome.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/20/2024 9:13 p.m.

laurosky said:
holi!I was also diagnosed last year in June, how are you taking it?

I understand with a week you were still in Panic, I threw a few weeks that half of the dish was basically lettuce, and food gave me a little fear, until my doctors told me to be calm, that it was not a rabbit hahaha

Hello good!!

Well ... I take it as I can, there are bad days, not so bad days and really good days, but there I go.
After all, everything is to learn and get used to this new life, for better or worse.

At first it happened to me, I took a fear of brutal food and nothing more that ate Lol vegetable, but at least I can eat an integral rice with chicken and vegetables without thinking that I am going to die in the spot.

Well and to top it off, after a month and little to start with all this they told me that the antibody test was clean and that mine is DM2, so I have gone from pricking me insulin every day to not directly prick anything because even with1U of the slow one gave me hypoglycemia every two by three.Total that metformin and to take care of myself, from another I do not have.

I am usually taking it better little by little (compared to 2 months ago), I have started exercising daily, something that cost me the greatest, something good should have to be taken out of this XD.Of course, the loss of weight I am going through is crazy, I have never been fat, but I have gone from about 90kg to 76-77kg, which being a kid of 1'87 worries me a lot of truth, but well I amIn the process of learning to eat to gain weight and with a little effort to turn it into muscle hahaha.

guns4bones
02/21/2024 4:22 p.m.

thc said:
well friend @guns4bones, here they have already given you good and wise advice, and I will not be less.

It ended up eating by whim and chopping between hours.That is very important, but even more important than not chopping between hours is eating at your hours.Imagine that each meal is like a photograph in which to reach the correct exposure you have to adjust 3 parameters: openness, speed and sensitivity iso.If you do the photo well, it will be perfectly exposed.If you are wrong in one, the photo will be dark or burned.Because in diabetes those 3 parameters are food, insulin and time (there is a room that is exercise, but I have ignored it to simplify).If you learn to balance the 3 will do well, I guarantee it.

It is also important to go to all the talks of your health center to find out where you are getting into and to learn how to get the storms that can be presented daily, but I also tell you that as you really learn it is looking at how your body reactsto food and insulin with the glucometer, that is, measuring glucose.

Before today your body adapted to your feeding guidelines, but now it is you who has to adapt to the guidelines of your body.Not everything is bad news: these guidelines are fixed and cyclical, so you just have to locate them, try to see what happens a few days and make modifications in those 3 parameters that I commented before.Have you never seen any movies in which some guys want to escape from a prison and write down all the guidelines of the guards, the time of the meals, the time at which the guard scratches the ass, the time at which the fatAre you going to shit, etc ...?Well, the same.: p

And if you are starting I don't know if you have already had any hypoglycemia.Faced with the doubt, at least until you know how to identify the symptoms, because from a descent you can stay dry in a couple of hours and that is why you have to avoid it to everything, but if the yuyu you are feeling it is for another reasonDifferent what will happen to you is that the glucose will rise more than the account and that, if it happens for one day it is not significant, especially taking into account the other option: to be dry, stiff, faste or whatever you want to call it.

Diabetes is like a bullYou take the measure, you make a good task and cut the 2 ears and tail.;)

Greetings and welcome.

Hi there!!

First of all, thank you very much for stopping to explain with an analogy as good as all this works, I really appreciate your advice and that you have dedicated your time in it.Unfortunately, most of these tips are no longer applied since in the last review I changed my diagnosis to DM2, a grace ...

Even so, I emphasize, I really appreciate your advice, Raúl 2 months ago I would have come from a bitch hahahaha.

guns4bones
02/21/2024 4:25 p.m.

guns4bones said:
laurosky said:
holi!I was also diagnosed last year in June, how are you taking it?

Hello good!!

Well ... I take it as I can, there are bad days, not so bad days and really good days, but there I go.
After all, everything is to learn and get used to this new life, for better or worse.

At first it happened to me, I took a fear of brutal food and nothing more that ate Lol vegetable, but at least I can eat an integral rice with chicken and vegetables without thinking that I am going to die in the spot.

Well and to top it off, after a month and little to start with all this they told me that the antibody test was clean and that mine is DM2, so I have gone from pricking me insulin every day to not directly prick anything because even with1U of the slow one gave me hypoglycemia every two by three.Total that metformin and to take care of myself, from another I do not have.

I am usually taking it better little by little (compared to 2 months ago), I have started exercising daily, something that cost me the greatest, something good should have to be taken out of this XD.Of course, the loss of weight I am going through is crazy, I have never been fat, but I have gone from about 90kg to 76-77kg, which being a kid of 1'87 worries me a lot of truth, but well I amin the process of learning to eat to gain weight and with a little effort to turn it into muscle hahaha.

Oysters!Because of how little I have read it is managed totally different, yes.Nothing, we will have to lead a Healthyfitstylish life at least hahaha

laurosky's profile photo
laurosky
06/01/2024 5:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.