Help for a research project on the control and remission of type 2 diabetes

wonderland's profile photo   08/29/2023 11:27 a.m.

Good morning,

I am writing to ask for help in a research project of a high school in excellence in health sciences on the control and remission of type 2 diabetes. This project has been initiated by a 16 -year -old student close to a patient of diabetes of diabetes ofType 2 who wants to expose a patient's day to day and thus raise awareness among classmates and teachers.From the changes and shortage of medication, lifestyle, different types of physical exercise, stress management and sleep to complications and mental health.
It is a completely anonymous and essential survey for the project and how this forum is the paradigm of selfless help and real experiences of patients with diabetes is the only source that could provide reliable information.
Thank you very much for everything.
The link to the survey is as follows:

Link

Thanks once again and happy vacations.

PS: The message is not correctly edited and instead of adding a direct link, the address is cut and it cannot be easily accessed ... If someone from the forum can add in a message the direct link I appreciate it infinitely in advance.

wonderland's profile photo
wonderland
08/29/2023 11:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have risen today in 80, I do not take medications, I consider myself sent ..... I answer the survey.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/03/2023 6:02 p.m.

Hello Otabol,

Thank you very much for your answer and for participating in the survey.I am very happy to know that the glycemia values ​​you have are in the normal range without medication and that you have managed to maintain the remission.This same remission that I also pursue .... It is true that I have not reached these fasting values, but I still fight!In the Spanish forum there are almost no experiences of remission of type 2 diabetes (in diabetes.org.uk Si) That is why I allow myself to ask what have been the lifestyle changes you have made to achieve remission?
I am with a Low Carb diet, 15,000 daily steps, 3 strength routines of 30 minutes a week, 7 hours of daily sleep, and an attempt to control stress ...
Balance after 9 months: -25 kg, fasting blood glucose, and pre and postprandial glycemic control, very important TG descent and significant HDL, HBA1C 6% and only metformin, but the changes have been worth at least to have good glycemic control after hospital admission to values ​​in the 350-400 range.
Thank you very much for your messages that the remission is possible since none of my doctors take it even in consideration and in the last appointments they recommend me to trust everything in the miracle pills or injections (analogues of LPG-1 or insulin) and stopchanges or exercise.

wonderland
09/03/2023 8:25 p.m.

Well, in 3 years I have echoed many things .... hahaha.
Some told me that is a barbarity, others to the same thing told me that very well ... doctors as a rule are noted to the established program.
I summarize my experience a bit, but first of all tell you that each body is a world, Lonque has come great to another it can come fatal.
To the mess, I went to the emergency room because an acquaintance measured the sugar and was in more than 300, I was admitted 5 days (I pillo weekend) glucosilada 12% triglyceride cholesterol, tension ..... a complete.
I left the hospital with 3 metformin pills, 20th of slow and fast insulin according to glycemia before eating, quote in a month with the endocrine.
In the hospi I had time to read something and start learning, and I saw that in a clinical trial some patients had to eat exclusively some soups with what was necessary to live 800 calories and sent diabetes, I also saw that with the surgery it was referredalso.
Then as I left the diet of the healthy dish of Oxford, but with very small portions and walk minimum an hour as fast as I could, if you could talk while you walked did not serve me.
A month I told the endocrine that I had not used the slow one, and that it was the last week raising in 70 on an empty stomach, he told me to be removed insulin and sent me to make a peptide C and genetic analysis, quotes in a month.
The first 2 weeks of diet were vegan, the protein ate it in Tofu, then I was introducing fish, white meats and then red meat.After meals I took an infusion of gegibre, turmeric and seeds of Syrian rue.
I was very strict.
Next appointment, I'm going without insulin, he tells me that Pepido C kept, now I know that it was upper, that means he had insulin resistance, but he also had insulin to give away and negative genetic tes for DM1.
He takes away a pill and stay in 2 and follow -up by the header.
My doctor doesn't want to remove my pills.
The months are spending as a normal amount but following the proportions of the plate diet.
I find out that the exercise of force is good so I bought some dumbbells and started doing a little at home, I went out to walk but I was trying not to do it in plain, climb stairs, slopes .....
I have already lost 50kg and I have removed a pill I alone.
I sign up for the gym to try to work the muscles better.
I go when I can really because with 2 young children .......
I take off half a pill, I only take average.
The diet a mixture between the 3x1 and that of the plate with few hydrates and almost 0 refined hydrates.
A few months ago I removed the half pill, everything remains the same.
I will not walk but during the day I am more active, the 10,000 15,000 steps I do every day unintentionally.
I go to the Gym sometimes 3 days a week, none.
If I leave home as without worry, just one week not as or another like 3 days outside, what matters is the global.
How ???
Today I have breakfast a cup of oat milk, with 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, a tablespoon of cocoa 100% a tablespoon of coconut oil, a spoonful of Ceylan cinnamon and votes from oats to the top.
I had a dentist with the Crio Asinque in the morning I have not done anything or walk or anything.Before eating 92 glucose.
I have eaten pods with sausage, grilled salmon with peas and a little bread.
For work I bring me a fresh cheese, a hard egg, a handful of nuts and an apple.
I will have a large salad, with many colors and chicken breast.

Salads echoed and ginger, Canela de Ceylan's breakfast.

The other day I had birthday, I ate a piece of rice cake, at 2h 100 postpondrial.

I don't know, if this will help you, if you have any specific questions or something .....

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/05/2023 3:17 p.m.

Of gurus and salehumos as people say ......
I stay and follow these advice.
Enol Sierra
Seen bravo
Frank Suárez
Borja flag
Manu Echeverri
Ernesto Prieto
Dr Méndez
Surely you can learn something from each one, then together .....

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/05/2023 3:23 p.m.

By the way, there are also people who tell me, do not take medications .... but you are informed by pills !!!!
Took:
Hydroferol (D3) I asked in the analytics and gave me for the soils.
I also asked B12 for having taken metformin for a few years and without being in deficit I tried so that I bought a supplement of high concentration v vitamins, meas phosphorite !!!!
I have started taking magnesium glycen and potassium citrate at night with dinner.
And as the doctor recommended that my wife take omega3 because I bought in Pureomega for the 2 and we took at noon.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/05/2023 3:49 p.m.

otabol said:
because in 3 years I have echoed many things .... hahaha.
Some told me that is a barbarity, others to the same thing told me that very well ... doctors as a rule are noted to the established program.
I summarize my experience a bit, but first of all tell you that each body is a world, Lonque has come great to another it can come fatal.
To the mess, I went to the emergency room because an acquaintance measured the sugar and was in more than 300, I was admitted 5 days (I pillo weekend) glucosilada 12% triglyceride cholesterol, tension ..... a complete.
I left the hospital with 3 metformin pills, 20th of slow and fast insulin according to glycemia before eating, quote in a month with the endocrine.
In the hospi I had time to read something and start learning, and I saw that in a clinical trial some patients had to eat exclusively some soups with what was necessary to live 800 calories and sent diabetes, I also saw that with the surgery it was referredalso.
Then as I left the diet of the healthy dish of Oxford, but with very small portions and walk minimum an hour as fast as I could, if you could talk while you walked did not serve me.
A month I told the endocrine that I had not used the slow one, and that it was the last week raising in 70 on an empty stomach, he told me to be removed insulin and sent me to make a peptide C and genetic analysis, quotes in a month.
The first 2 weeks of diet were vegan, the protein ate it in Tofu, then I was introducing fish, white meats and then red meat.After meals I took an infusion of gegibre, turmeric and seeds of Syrian rue.
I was very strict.
Next appointment, I'm going without insulin, he tells me that Pepido C kept, now I know that it was upper, that means he had insulin resistance, but he also had insulin to give away and negative genetic tes for DM1.
He takes away a pill and stay in 2 and follow -up by the header.
My doctor doesn't want to remove my pills.
The months are spending as a normal amount but following the proportions of the plate diet.
I find out that the exercise of force is good so I bought some dumbbells and started doing a little at home, I went out but I was trying not to do it in plain, climb stairs, slopes .....
I have already lost 50kg and I have removed a pill I alone.
I sign up for the gym to try to work the muscles better.
I go when I can really because with 2 young children .......
I take off half a pill, I only take average.
The diet a mixture between the 3x1 and that of the plate with few hydrates and almost 0 refined hydrates.
A few months ago I removed the half pill, everything remains the same.
I will not walk but during the day I am more active, the 10,000 15,000 steps I do every day unintentionally.
I go to the Gym sometimes 3 days a week, none.
If I leave home as without worry, just one week not as or another like 3 days outside, what matters is the global.
How ???
Today I have breakfast a cup of oat milk, with 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, a tablespoon of cocoa 100% a tablespoon of coconut oil, a spoonful of Ceylan cinnamon and votes from oats to the top.
I had a dentist with the Crio Asinque in the morning I have not done anything or walk or anything.Before eating 92 glucose.
I have eaten pods with sausage, grilled salmon with peas and a little bread.
For work I bring me a fresh cheese, a hard egg, a handful of nuts and an apple.
I will have a large salad, with many colors and chicken breast.

Salads echoed and ginger, Canela de Ceylan's breakfast.

The other day I had birthday, I ate a piece of rice cake, at 2h 100 postpondrial.

I don't know, if this will help you, if you have any specific questions orSomething .....

First of all I greatly appreciate the details of your experience and the "tricks" that you share so altruistic with an unknown stressed in search of answers to too many questions.
Telling the medical beginning of your journey and the guidelines that you have continued help a lot because, although each patient is very different, the beginning and the road can be the same.I don't know if I will reach the same wonderful result, but it won't be for not trying.
I also started with the Direct Study of the English found by myself and for incorporating the 15000 daily steps.At the beginning my dietary restrictions were due to the discomfort generated by changes in medication and hyperglycemia, by the stress generated by the worrying measures of blood glucose ... and I would say that also for the fear of finding myself in a worrying medical situation and receiving in eachMedical consultation the speech of the amputation of extremities, blindness, stroke, renal damage, etc.
Afterwards, the improvement due to a low carbon diet has made the rest.I have added more protein to my meals, always start with raw vegetables with cling or roasted vinegar, such as comprehensive paste or cooked potatoes in the previous day and stored in the frigo to transform them into resistant starch, fruits at the end of meals ordinners, lunch/merpose nuts, Greek yogurt+fruits of low glycemic index .... I have also started at home, following the instrument of Fitness Gurus.

My analytics have been improving and my medication has been modified and reduced (initially I have removed slow insulin, then changes from oral medication to metformin), but my fasting blood glucose values ​​are 9-110 after 9 months of changes and withoutReach 25kg/m2 of BMI (I still have 3 kg still).
If it is not much trouble and you still remember the deadlines of your changes, could you please tell me how long you needed so that HBA1C values ​​or basal blood glucose return to normal? Have you achieved everything in this first year or the changes were effective beyondof the year?
Do you have any data on changes in body composition and glycemia values?In my case, the initial weight loss was water+muscle, I have a hard time changing the body composition, especially reduce fat and create muscle so that more glucose is consumed ....
Have you used a CGM, a glucose sensor to follow the glycemia values ​​and the impact of different foods on your blood glucose?How have you ruled out the intake of certain foods?I have decided to discard bananas and almost apples after seeing crazy glycemia peaks measured with glucometer and strips that I must buy since the SS does not provide them ...
I would like to know more about the infusion with ginger and turmeric ... about whether or not you have taken more probiotics ....
I have also begun to take mg supplements and increase the intake of iron with iron by an anemia that lills me to the HBA1C values.Finally, I do not believe that type 2 diabetes patients pursue the absence of medication, but an improvement of their integral health.
Forgive me to ask you so much, but I have no other source of information than some of the Internet gurus and Jessie Inchauspe's book "The Glucose Revolution" or the answers in the diabetes forums of Spain and UK.
Millions of thanks and all my congratulations for the feat of sending type 2 diabetes from the effort and personal effort, against wind and tide.

wonderland
09/06/2023 12:27 p.m.

Buffff, many questions.
I answer you when I have a while than with work and 2 children ......
But calm that I answer you sooner or later

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/06/2023 4:18 p.m.

otabol said:
buffff, many questions.
I answer you when I have a while than with work and 2 children ......
But calm that I answer you sooner or later

Before all, forgive me for asking you so many questions!It is seen that I have not had any consultation with a nutritionist, that the endocrine has seen me 2 times and in one appointThe head doctor prescribed .... 🤪🤪🤪
! I have all the time in the world, because this goes for long!I also distributed my strength between work and children and I am almost always late and badly and with stress worse the DMT2 ...

Thanks for everything.

wonderland
09/06/2023 4:39 p.m.

Let's see if I don't leave anything, I have had to look at the analytics, thankfully everything is online.
The deadlines of changes and values:
I didn't tell you the glycemia values ​​signed up on a sheet .... If I can tell you that in the hospital, before having breakfast, eating ... I had to measure me, if it gave me less than 150 it did not make me quickly, among150-250 3U 250-350 5UD ..... In the hospi I was putting, apart from 20 slowly but when I take the discharge I only use the rapid the first day at home later I did not need.
According to the analytics the glucosilada:
April 16 21 12% (Emergency income)
June 7, 21 7.3%
August 9, 21 5.3%
March 11 22 5.5%
September 26 22 5.3%
A year ago of the last analytics, I will take an appointment in a few weeks to repeat.
It can be said that in 2 months he had normal glycemia, using slow and 3 pills, but at 2 months he already removes slow and a pill.And I don't know the deadlines very well, but throw it a year by pill :) :) :)
Weight loss data:
You don't tell you, but almost 10kg the first month in the first 6 months about 30 or 35 and the rest up to 50 the following year
As?
Well, what I told you, a drastic reduction in calories.
Long coffee breakfast
Half and mini nut of nuts, half -tomato food with a garlic 50gr of sauteed tofu and 2 bread fingers a pear / apple dinner the same.Apart from going out for a cheerful hour, staying active and working 8h standing.Not everyone could do that.
Now I have a smartwatch that measures me now weight 85.9 Muscle mass 36.2 Fat mass 18.8 Body water 49.2 Body fat 21.9% BMI 25.8 BASAL METABOLISM 1818
Have I used a sensor?
No, lancets that give me without fighting all those I ask in the consultation.
I have not discarded food, at the beginning if but then there is no prohibited food whenever you respect 3x1 although I try to flee processed, refined arines, mature fruits .........
Infusion:
I read that diabetics are inflamed by excess insulin, and that ginger and turmeric apart from deflating come good to control glucose, Syrian rue seeds are used to enhance the effect of ayaguasca, they never did anything to meRare and a good handful got me, but those seeds have harminia I think it's called, and in a study in I don't know that New York University used harminia to regenerate pancreas cells.
Also take multivitamine with chrome, copper, selenium, magnesium and I don't know what else.
Since taking Potassium and Vitamin B magnesium I get up with more energy, before it took about half an hour in Espabilar in the morning, more sometimes.
I don't know if I leave something, or if I will have resolved your doubts, if that asks without fear.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/06/2023 8:45 p.m.

What is clear is that with type 2 diabetes time plays against us, I see that you understand but many people do not.
The more afternoon to really starting, the more it will cost you, if you have been evolving the disease for many years, it is difficult to send, although you can improve a lot.
The medications do not cure the disease, they treat the symptoms, but if you do not do anything the diabetes continues to progress and every year you will need more medications.
The objective does not have to be the remission, the objective must be to improve as much as possible and not need more medications every year.
And to improve sorry, you have to suffer to see results, go for a walk is very comfortable, Ale 15,000 steps, to the couch.I went out to walk as if they persecuted me, I climbed slopes, stairs, if they called me on the phone I had no air to talk.You have to work the strength, at home well but you can go to a gym and make a better machines circuits.
You have to remove the belly, you have to clean the fatty liver, visceral fat and make mitochondria in the muscles.
I thought I have been doing for 40 years and eating Lonque I feel like it, I'm not going to die for trying a season.I did well, I have changed habits I try to be active and exercise (tapestry to quit smoking) and I hope this lasts many years, now I take normal life, respecting the proportions in the meals, without fear if you spend, what matters isThe global

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/06/2023 9:03 p.m.

otabol said:
let's see if I don't leave anything, I have had to look at the analytics, thankfully everything is online.
The deadlines of changes and values:
I didn't tell you the glycemia values ​​signed up on a sheet .... If I can tell you that in the hospital, before having breakfast, eating ... I had to measure me, if it gave me less than 150 it did not make me quickly, among150-250 3U 250-350 5UD ..... In the hospi I was putting, apart from 20 slowly but when I take the discharge I only use the rapid the first day at home later I did not need.
According to the analytics the glucosilada:
April 16 21 12% (Emergency income)
June 7, 21 7.3%
August 9, 21 5.3%
March 11 22 5.5%
September 26 22 5.3%
A year ago of the last analytics, I will take an appointment in a few weeks to repeat.
It can be said that in 2 months he had normal glycemia, using slow and 3 pills, but at 2 months he already removes slow and a pill.And I don't know the deadlines very well, but throw it a year by pill :) :) :)
Weight loss data:
You don't tell you, but almost 10kg the first month in the first 6 months about 30 or 35 and the rest up to 50 the following year
As?
Well, what I told you, a drastic reduction in calories.
Long coffee breakfast
Half and mini nut of nuts, half -tomato food with a garlic 50gr of sauteed tofu and 2 bread fingers a pear / apple dinner the same.Apart from going out for a cheerful hour, staying active and working 8h standing.Not everyone could do that.
Now I have a smartwatch that measures me now weight 85.9 Muscle mass 36.2 Fat mass 18.8 Body water 49.2 Body fat 21.9% BMI 25.8 BASAL METABOLISM 1818
Have I used a sensor?
No, lancets that give me without fighting all those I ask in the consultation.
I have not discarded food, at the beginning if but then there is no prohibited food whenever you respect 3x1 although I try to flee processed, refined arines, mature fruits .........
Infusion:
I read that diabetics are inflamed by excess insulin, and that ginger and turmeric apart from deflating come good to control glucose, Syrian rue seeds are used to enhance the effect of ayaguasca, they never did anything to meRare and a good handful got me, but those seeds have harminia I think it's called, and in a study in I don't know that New York University used harminia to regenerate pancreas cells.
Also take multivitamine with chrome, copper, selenium, magnesium and I don't know what else.
Since taking Potassium and Vitamin B magnesium I get up with more energy, before it took about half an hour in Espabilar in the morning, more sometimes.
I don't know if I leave something, or if I will have resolved your doubts, if that asks without fear.

Millions of!
Your answer is priceless.You have given me more answers than all the medical teams that I have seen in years .... As for the decline in glycosylated hemoglobin I see that it has been very fast after the initial scare.Although at the beginning the descent was also due to the medication and the weight loss so important that you mention, the return to normoglycemia remains very fast.
I keep everything I have not done and collect from your message: accelerate weight loss, balance ions/vitamins, increase strength exercises and add infusion.
And above all not lose energy and determination to try to send it.Taking into account that I can be one of those cases in which the remission is not reached.Or not with the speed that has happened in your case.But doing things well there will always be room to improve the current situation and this is a success and an incentive.

Again, thank you!

I hope someone else, just as disoriented as me, finds your messages in response to the avalanche of questions that asked you and encouraged to try to send your DMT2.
Or whatSomeone but who has achieved remission with lifestyle changes add their experience and advice so that the few illusions who pursue the remission see that it is possible.And what is achieved!

wonderland
09/06/2023 10:46 p.m.

But this has been my experience haha ​​who reads it that I do not use it as a guide or advice.
Surely 100% nutritionists will say that as I have gone down, it is crazy, that this cannot be done.And reason do not lack the truth that although I was well and with energy I had a bad face, face of sick.I guess I lacked nutrients.And not for strength, today I know it is basic to lose the minimum muscle.
Lowering this weight is lost, as when you get to your goal you do not keep habits you will have rebound effect you will weigh the same or more than before and it will be all fat, the muscle does not recover alone (notice for navigators)And you will have worse health than at the beginning.
On the other hand, the turmeric and ginger infusions is shown that it helps, the seeds of Syrian rue is its own harvest, everyone may not sit well, better read that it is before using, by the way I made the 3 together, together,and in the end he chew the seeds and inside (total madness).
Here they talk about harminia, but they say nothing to make infusions.
Link

Here in Wikipedia Lee in economic and cultural importance and within active ingredients.

Link
Courage and fight !!!

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/07/2023 3:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.