{'en': 'Night hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias nocturnas'} Image

Night hypoglycemia

madreDMT1's profile photo   12/10/2023 1:06 a.m.

Hello, more doubts, we are new in this.

My son DM1 from 11/17/2023

They are still adjusting insulin and we learn.I have been going down a lot I guess from the honeymoon.

At 3am it goes down.We jump alarm in 85 because it goes very fast.

My question is, if at 1am it is in 120 in sensor, do I give a glass of milk?

It is not to wake him up so much.Some nights have reached 3 glasses of milk.

(It measures 171cm, weighs 60kgs and is 15 years old. They put 27 of Abasaglar at night)

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
12/10/2023 1:06 a.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

@Madredmt1 that basal insulin has its action between 3 and 4 hours after putting it.If it puts it at about 10pm, it will have drops at about 2 or 3 in the morning.
Consult it with the endocrine, but it can be put at breakfast and thus the descents catch you awake and you can eat a fruit, jellyle, Middlena Media, ... anything that goes up.
If you get up low, you would have to put less units and check 3 days in a row if the new reducing guideline has gone well.
It is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/10/2023 1:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My daughter was the same with Lantus (it is the same as Abasaglar) I lowered a lot at night and, if we went down dose, I climbed her in the afternoon.Did not cover well 24 hours
It came much better to put it in the morning, because the last hours of insulin coincided with sleep hours, and it didn't come down so much.
Yes, you can give you milk if you see that it keeps going to 120, but you will have to reduce slow dose to avoid those hypos.
Let's see if you can sleep better little by little..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2023 3:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I wanted to thank you for advice and comments.It has been the hand of Santo to lower the slow.It started by 27, and goes for 18 of Abasaglar.
I take note of the time change.We are still seeing how to square it with institute, sports.And trying not to stress him in the process.

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
12/29/2023 5:50 p.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

The insulin guideline that puts you when registering, then at home, when the body recovers from the stress of a ketoacidosis, is excessive.I left the hospital with 24 from Toujeo and went down to 8 a third!It was tremendous, it fell from hypo in hypo and shot because it touches me.My dear Nurse Educator in Diabetes helped me a lot.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/30/2023 1:13 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.