{'en': 'Diabetes and periodontitis (gum disease) - relationship', 'es': 'Diabetes y periodontitis (enfermedad  de las encías) - Relación'} Image

Diabetes and periodontitis (gum disease) - relationship

Madrileña91's profile photo   12/10/2023 3:46 a.m.

As it turns out that I am diabetic for about 2 years and just at the beginning of this 2023 I started with gum problems, bleeding, inflammation, etc ...

I have had to perform several curett treatments to stop periodontal disease.

In principle they told me that it could be something genetic or bad hygiene (something that seemed rare since I wash my teeth several times a day).

Well, in the last consultation with the periodcist I told him that it was diabetic and releases me: "That explains it ..."

According to him, a high percentage of his patients with periodontitis and gum diseases are diabetic and both diseases are related, because I just found out.

According to him, the greater control, the better I will go with the gums, and vice versa.

I have not found much about it on the Internet either.Does any more have this problem?

Thank you!

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
12/10/2023 3:46 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

Yes, you can also affect poorly controlled gum diabetes, but in two years I don't see it easy for it ..., with good control it does not affect anything .., you will be improving if that's why and you have it controlled.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2023 12:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It happens to me from the beginning.As I have been with a bit of lack of control, I bleed me and I am even prone to have infections if it is kept in time.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
12/10/2023 1:02 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.