{'en': 'I am diabetic?', 'es': '¿Soy diabético?'} Image

I am diabetic?

Lucho's profile photo   09/14/2023 8:22 p.m.

Hello friends.

I did an empty glycemia exam and I had it in 104. I was worried and I did the glycosada hemoglobin test and I have it at 6.5.

I was shock because the test says that I am diabetic.

Today I did the pre and post glycemia, they give me the results in the afternoon.

After the Covid, two years ago I set out to lose weight, I measure 1.99 meters and weight 90, lower more than 20 kg, leave the carbohydrates and did aerobic ... I did not think that I would have sugar problems because I was leading a lifehealthy.

Now, I'm worried.I am 41 years old.

5 years ago I did my last glycemia test and I had it in 90, I repeat ... I never thought I was going to happen.

What advice do they give me?

Next week I go to the endocrine.

Are my numbers very bad?

Can you reverse?

Thank you so much!!

Lucho's profile photo
Lucho
09/14/2023 8:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't understand measure two meters, ninety kg and low 20 kg weights, you'll be like a stick, I think you weigh very little !!
What the doctor told you, you should go to the doctor and that he tells you according to the analyzes

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/14/2023 8:37 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
I don't understand measure two meters, weights ninety kg and low 20 kg, you will be like a stick, I think weighs very little !!
What the doctor told you, you should go to the doctor and that he tells you according to the analysis

Weight 90 kg and measure 1.99 meters.Next week I have an appointment with the doctor.I got to weigh 115 kg two years ago but lost weight with intermittent fasting and left sugar and flour.

Lucho's profile photo
Lucho
09/14/2023 8:53 p.m.

Well, the best thing is that you go to the endocrine and make you more rigorous tests ...
You don't have terrible, calm values.Surely with some tablet, specific diet and sport, keep good ...
Quiet, really, that glying is not horrible, or blood glucose ...
I debuted with 400-500 I don't remember ...
You see us and calm everything you can, that even if you do not believe it also affects the levels.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/14/2023 9:33 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
Well, it is best to go to the endocrine and make you more rigor tests ...
You don't have terrible, calm values.Surely with some tablet, specific diet and sport, keep good ...
Quiet, really, that glying is not horrible, or blood glucose ...
I debuted with 400-500 I don't remember ...
You see us and calm everything you can, that even if you do not believe it also affects the levels.

Thank you for answering .... I just received my pre and post results.Glycemia in 95 and post glucose load in 110. I went well.I don't understand why glycosada hemoglobin came out at 6.5.

Lucho's profile photo
Lucho
09/14/2023 10:19 p.m.

6.5 of Glico indicates that in the last 90 days your blood glycemia average is 140mg/dl.
With regular exercise and natural food, you should not have problems.

With 41 debuté uo, so, boy, the body is spent!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2023 12:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
6.5 of Glico indicates that in the last 90 days your blood blood glucose is 140mg/dl.
With regular exercise and natural food, you should not have problems.

With 41 debuté uo, so, boy, the body is spent!

In fasting glycemia I left 95 and the post of 75 glucose in two hours was 118, that is, good results.Fasting glycemia and postcard I have them well ...
I have read that glycosada hemoglobin sometimes gives false positives.

Lucho's profile photo
Lucho
09/16/2023 4:49 a.m.

I am sorry to listen to your concerns, but it is good that you are taking measures and looking for answers.

First, it is important to remember that only a doctor can diagnose with diabetes.While the values ​​you mention are in the range of prediabetes or diabetes type 2, it is essential that you talk to your endocrinologist to obtain a clear diagnosis and better understand your situation.

Some points to consider:

Changes in lifestyle: You have done an impressive job in terms of weight loss and adoption of a healthy lifestyle.Continuing with a balanced diet and maintaining a regular exercise routine can help control your blood sugar levels.

Regular monitoring: It is crucial that you continue to monitor your glucose levels regularly, especially if you are in the range of prediabetes or diabetes.

Medication: Depending on your diagnosis, the doctor could prescribe medications to help control your blood sugar levels.

Education: It is essential to educate you about diabetes and how your body affects.This will help you make informed decisions about your health.

Support: consider joining a support group or talking to other people who have diabetes.It may be useful to share your experiences and learn from others.

As for your questions:

Are my numbers very bad?

Glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) of 6.5% is considered in the diabetes range.However, it is important to discuss these results with your endocrinologist to obtain precise interpretation.

Can you reverse?

Type 2 diabetes can be manageable and, in some cases (it is not very common), people can reverse their blood sugar levels to normal levels with significant changes in lifestyle and/or medication.However, it is essential to continue monitoring and treating the condition.

Finally, it is important to remember that each person is unique, and what works for one may not work for another.Work in close collaboration with your doctor and other health professionals to find the best treatment plan for you.

Much encouragement and strength in this process!

fer's profile photo
fer
09/16/2023 10:19 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It does not usually give false positives, is that head doctors do not know about diabetes other than what they studied in 2nd race.
It is a 90 -day value, the average of those 90 days, does not deceive. 140 indicates high episodes and other lows that counteract, with an arithmetic mean of 140.
The preprandial and postprandial values ​​indicated if they are punctual.If today dinners or pizza and ice cream, we will have to see what you have tomorrow when you get up.That does signal what happens to your pancreas.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/16/2023 10:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.