Sensors error ??

JC_'s profile photo   12/13/2023 8:26 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am new in the forum and I am writing to you because I am worried and I would like to know your opinion.
I am type 1 diabetic for almost 10 years and currently I use free freeyle sensors, with the device (not mobile) as a meter.

It is common for the sensors to fail and have to replace them, but last month something curious, and dangerous happened to me.The meter did not stop letting me saying that he had low sugar.I took something with sugar to fix it and kept indicating that I was low, and I drank normal coca-cola (that always uploads it) and kept indicating that I was low ... I decided to prick my finger to check, and it turns out that while in the meter50 came out of the sensor, in the finger with strips I told me that I was 261. Then I checked again and 51 in the meter and 305 with the strips ... Imagine how dangerous it would have turned out if I had continued taking sugar paying attention to the sensor...

Well, now with the last three sensors since I have used it is happening to me that they are giving me higher figures with the sensor I have with the strips meter.To the point that in the sensor I marks me 224 and with the strips 137, for example.They are almost 100 points of difference.Imagine if I try to correct the 224 by clicking on insulin to lower it 100 points when I really have 137 ... it seems very dangerous.I have measured again with different sensors and there are always about 80 points approx.of difference with the strips.

I called the Abbot laboratory to comment and they disregarded, telling me that "it was a normal difference."Normal!Almost 100 of difference and seems normal to you!
I don't know if someone else has happened to him but I am worried about this issue.In addition, my endocrine is "superfan" of the sensors and wants them to take their information, which is much more complete, but of course ... if the data they are false?
I return to the strips?But of course, with them I can only measure myself three or four times a day, it's not like the sensor ... and give so much information ...

In the last review with the endocrine, I was already surprised that the glycosylated figure of the last 3 months that gave me approx.The sensor meter was 6.7 while in the blood tests I got 8.3, which surprised me very much, I thought it could not be, but my endocrine told me that what mattered was the figure of the sensors ... But ... what if the sensors fail and that difference was another proof of it?

I feel the long text, but I would like to know if someone else happens and what you think about it, and what you think I can do.

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings to everyone!

JC_'s profile photo
JC_
12/13/2023 8:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I also notice a lot of difference between the freestylelibre 3 that my son and strips carry.The endocrine tell us that in values ​​out of rank, less than 70 and Supp to 180, always throws because those sensors are well calibrated in normal values, not.I don't know if the explanation convinces me, but I am new in this.
It has also happened to the sensor by whistling like a madman, giving values ​​of 50 and going down, and my son so pichi.It is done and is in 80. In descent, okay, but 80, no 50.
That is, I have no answer.Only more doubts

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
12/13/2023 9:55 p.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

Jolin, what insecurity use the sensors, right?

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
12/13/2023 10:49 p.m.

Sensors usually give capillaries similar to the glucose if the glucose is stable.On the other hand, when glucose is going up or down quickly they usually mark strange things.When you are out of rank, before making any decision, it is convenient to make a capillary to get out of doubt

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/13/2023 11:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

jc _ said:
hello to all,

I am new in the forum and I am writing to you because I am worried and I would like to know your opinion.
I am type 1 diabetic for almost 10 years and currently I use free freeyle sensors, with the device (not mobile) as a meter.

It is common for the sensors to fail and have to replace them, but last month something curious, and dangerous happened to me.The meter did not stop letting me saying that he had low sugar.I took something with sugar to fix it and kept indicating that I was low, and I drank normal coca-cola (that always uploads it) and kept indicating that I was low ... I decided to prick my finger to check, and it turns out that while in the meter50 came out of the sensor, in the finger with strips I told me that I was 261. Then I checked again and 51 in the meter and 305 with the strips ... Imagine how dangerous it would have turned out if I had continued taking sugar paying attention to the sensor...

Well, now with the last three sensors since I have used it is happening to me that they are giving me higher figures with the sensor I have with the strips meter.To the point that in the sensor I marks me 224 and with the strips 137, for example.They are almost 100 points of difference.Imagine if I try to correct the 224 by clicking on insulin to lower it 100 points when I really have 137 ... it seems very dangerous.I have measured again with different sensors and there are always about 80 points approx.of difference with the strips.

I called the Abbot laboratory to comment and they disregarded, telling me that "it was a normal difference."Normal!Almost 100 of difference and seems normal to you!
I don't know if someone else has happened to him but I am worried about this issue.In addition, my endocrine is "superfan" of the sensors and wants them to take their information, which is much more complete, but of course ... if the data they are false?
I return to the strips?But of course, with them I can only measure myself three or four times a day, it's not like the sensor ... and give so much information ...

In the last review with the endocrine, I was already surprised that the glycosylated figure of the last 3 months that gave me approx.The sensor meter was 6.7 while in the blood tests I got 8.3, which surprised me very much, I thought it could not be, but my endocrine told me that what mattered was the figure of the sensors ... But ... what if the sensors fail and that difference was another proof of it?

I feel the long text, but I would like to know if someone else happens and what you think about it, and what you think I can do.

Greetings to everyone!

When the sensor gives you a measure that involves making an intervention;Eat something if you are in hiccups or correct for being in Híper, it is necessary to check the value by making a capillary.If not, you risk act unnecessarily.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/14/2023 8:51 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thank you very much for the answers.

I understand that if the sensor marks 50 or 300 it is convenient to make a capillary measure to contrast.

My concern is when the capillary indicates, for example, 137 (which is not an unstable or strange measure) and the sensor indicates 224, as it happened to me and is frequently happening to me lately ...

Greetings and thanks to everyone!

JC_'s profile photo
JC_
12/14/2023 9:48 a.m.

jc _ said:
hello to all,

Greetings to everyone!

You have had bad luck if that happens to you.What you say more than 100 of difference has ever happened to me on the first day of the sensor, then normalized.In general they do quite well.It is true that in extreme values ​​they sometimes leave mother but still I could not live without them.
As salad tells you the thing is before acting (eating or insulin) checking with strips, there is no other.The bad thing about strips is that you see "x" moments and you miss more than 95% of your curve.I do not see them alone, I need a sensor, but it is true that the strips are necessary support for the sensor.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/14/2023 10:13 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

salad said:
jc _ said:
hello everyone,

Greetings to everyone!

When the sensor gives you a measure that involves making an intervention;Eat something if you are in hiccups or correct for being in Híper, it is necessary to check the value by making a capillary.If not, you risk act unnecessarily.

Hello salad, 2 doubts are presented to me,

- What values ​​do you advise putting the alarms?

-If in capillary the value is lower than in a sensor, we would be in an assumption that the alarm would not really warn the blood value of hypoglycemia (for example alarm sensor 70-80 and capillary 20-30mg/dl minor .....

How do you do it?Thank you so much!!

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
12/14/2023 10:15 a.m.

The number one rule that explained me here in the forum when the sensors put me is that before any event that requires intervention (especially if it is to correct with insulin) the first thing is to make a capillary.

The sensors are a great help (I could not live without them) but you always have to make sure nothing, because sometimes they fail and give erroneous values.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
12/14/2023 11:59 a.m.

Joels said:

-If in capillary the value is lower than in a sensor, we would be in an assumption that the alarm would not really warn the blood value of hypoglycemia (for example alarm sensor 70-80 and capillary 20-30mg/dl minor .....

How do you do it?Thank you very much !!

I would not dare to tell you a figure.I have put the alarm at 60, to 65, to 70, to 85, depending on the time, because I have not had a clear guideline with all the sensors;Some measure more and others less.Currently, since the free is continuous measurement, I have removed the alarms by hypoglycemia, I trust my feelings and it costs me anything to take a look from time to time to the mobile to see how I am and also, lately, they give me few surprising hypos.
I also have a truquillo.I have aSamsung Smartwatch: When the Free tells me that I am in Hip, I am going to measure the clock stress;If I am in the green zone, it is a false alarm, if I get high stress I usually be in hiccups or down and that is when I make the capillary.
I mean
1. The sensor tells me 70 or less
2. The clock tells me high stress
3. I make my hair
either
2. The clock tells me low stress
3. It is false alarm yes or yes

This works to me, I have not contrasted with anyone else and I discovered it by chance

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/14/2023 12:47 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

jc _ said:
hello to all,

Greetings to everyone!

@JC_: You say you use only the reader to read the sensor.I suggest you move on to the mobile app.With the last update, in addition to being able to see the values ​​without scanning, Abbott has improved the accuracy of the measurements and the sensor values ​​are much more to those of the capillaries

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/14/2023 1:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Thank you very much for the idea, Ricki21!

JC_'s profile photo
JC_
12/14/2023 1:48 p.m.

salad said:
Joels said:
Hello everyone,

Greetings to everyone!

How do you do it?Thank you very much !!

I would not dare to tell you a figure.I have put the alarm at 60, to 65, to 70, to 85, depending on the time, because I have not had a clear guideline with all the sensors;Some measure more and others less.Currently, since the free is continuous measurement, I have removed the alarms by hypoglycemia, I trust my feelings and it costs me anything to take a look from time to time to the mobile to see how I am and also, lately, they give me few surprising hypos.
Havealso a truquillo.I have a Samsung smartwatch: when the Free tells me that I am in hiccups, I am going to measure the clock stress;If I am in the green zone, it is a false alarm, if I get high stress I usually be in hiccups or down and that is when I make the capillary.
I mean
2. The clock tells me high stress
3. I make my hair
either
2. The clock tells me low stress
3. It is false alarm yes or yes

This works to me, I have not contrasted it with anyone else and I discovered it by pure chance

Hahahaha, I had noticed that too, you already have it contrasted;
Yes, I have observed, and it is logical, how as I go into hypoglycemia, the resting pulsations are increasing and the level of stress measures the clock (Garmin) is also increasing, as well as the number of breaths, by the stateof "alert" in which our bodies enter.
The only thing is that I usually do not usually feel anything weird until I am below 50mg/dl.
I have the alarm on 80mg/dl, to give me time to react.

Shark's profile photo
Shark
12/14/2023 5:38 p.m.

@Jc_ get used to because it is quite common.

I use the reader and mobile, and much better the reader.Moreover, with the mobile it has sometimes happened to me that tells me that the sensor has exhausted (ahead of time always) and the reader continues to measure.

Buy Opium strips for the reader and so you can measure everything, ketones, glucose and the sensor.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/14/2023 6:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.