{'en': 'Type 2 diabetes and L5-S1 radiculopathy', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 2 y radiculopatía L5-S1'} Image

Type 2 diabetes and L5-S1 radiculopathy

fosforero's profile photo   03/12/2023 12:40 p.m.

Hello friends,

I am Type 2 diabetic for about 8 years and although I have always had it controlled with a metformin pill of 850 mg a day I have as a sequel a peripheral neuropathy for 3 years and in all the electromiograms that have made me it appears to me L5-S1.

I have made lumbar resonances and they find no hernia that compresses those nerve roots, so they blame it for type 2 diabetes that I suffer.

But they don't say it very convinced, they always talk about possible cause.

Is any of you in a similar situation, so that it guides me a little, because I am quite lost?

Thank you!

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
03/12/2023 12:40 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

I can tell you my case, which is that I am protruding in L5-S1, but caused by the thousands of km running.Like the vast majority of runners over time.Diabetes arrived recently and has not altered the symptoms.The truth is that it hardly bothers me.The same a good physio solved, at least in part, the problem.I would try.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
03/12/2023 7:48 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

What I have are several protusions.The trauma has not told me anything that they are related to diabetes.Lately they are giving me the can, but they will get tired ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/12/2023 9:16 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

phosphorero said:
hello, friends, I am diabetic type 2 for about 8 years and although I have always had it controlled with a metermina pill of 850 mg a day I have as a sequel a peripheral neuropathy since3 years ago and in all the electromiograms that have made me it appears to me L5-S1 Radium.I have made lumbar resonances and they find no hernia that compresses those nerve roots, so they blame it for type 2 diabetes that I suffer.But they don't say it very convinced, they always talk about possible cause.Any of you are in a similar situation, so that it guides me a little, well I am quite lost?Thanks

What are the symptoms of this, I have never had back problems but for a few weeks I noticed as if they were thrown out of a thread from the neck to down the homopathy through the internal part, it is a rare sensation that I have never had, I went to the physioAnd it seems that it improved but now the discomfort is different

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
03/13/2023 4:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

vero83 said:
phosphorero said:
hello, friends, I am diabetic type 2 for about 8 years and although I have always had it controlled with a pill ofMetormina of 850 mg a day I have as a sequel a peripheral neuropathy for 3 years and in all the electromograms that have made me it appears to me L5-S1 Radium.I have made lumbar resonances and they find no hernia that compresses those nerve roots, so they blame it for type 2 diabetes that I suffer.But they don't say it very convinced, they always talk about possible cause.Any of you are in a similar situation, so that it guides me a little, well I am quite lost?Thanks

What are the symptoms of this, I have never had back problems but for a few weeks I noticed as if they were thrown out of a thread from the neck to down the homopathy through the internal part, it is a rare sensation that I have never had, I went to the physioAnd it seems that it improved but now the discomfort is different

Pain in the lower back, which sometimes goes down the legs

fosforero
03/13/2023 5:26 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

I have been operated from the back for four years by a grade III spondylolistesis, with lumbar channel stenosis.It all started as you say, low back pain that radiates to one leg and in the end to remove that pain I had to squat myself and I could not almost walk.It took two years to diagnose and the traumatologist sent me home with anti -inflammatories saying that there was nothing he could do.It was the neurosurgeon who saw it very clearly and as I was very advanced, I proposed the operation as much urgency.Since I operated I have not felt any discomfort again and that my work does not help anything.The traumatologist's lerdo who with his back in two saw nothing, did suggest that it could be diabetes, but I don't feel like they don't even investigate a little for being diabetic, there they have the perfect cause to justify everything, even if I had been pregnant at my age, which was what I said.Do not stop until you give you a diagnosis with a TAC since sometimes in the radiography and in the resonance it is not seen, because if you do not stay with the pain of life and with medication that destroys the digestive system.
It is so easy to put everything in the bag of diabetes that you have to force them to stop a little and get out of automatism.
In this link you can see the symptoms of spondylolistesis in case it blocks you with yours.
Link
Also a good physio helps and if you can work with exercises to strengthen the leg and back muscles, avoiding charges, or learning to catch them so as not to harm you and also avoiding the extensions backwards, such as yoga or the like.

uma's profile photo
uma
03/19/2023 12:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

uma said:
I am operated from the back for four years by a grade III spondylolistesis, with lumbar channel stenosis.It all started as you say, low back pain that radiates to one leg and in the end to remove that pain I had to squat myself and I could not almost walk.It took two years to diagnose and the traumatologist sent me home with anti -inflammatories saying that there was nothing he could do.It was the neurosurgeon who saw it very clearly and as I was very advanced, I proposed the operation as much urgency.Since I operated I have not felt any discomfort again and that my work does not help anything.The traumatologist's lerdo who with his back in two saw nothing, did suggest that it could be diabetes, but I don't feel like they don't even investigate a little for being diabetic, there they have the perfect cause to justify everything, even if I had been pregnant at my age, which was what I said.Do not stop until you give you a diagnosis with a TAC since sometimes in the radiography and in the resonance it is not seen, because if you do not stay with the pain of life and with medication that destroys the digestive system.
It is so easy to put everything in the bag of diabetes that you have to force them to stop a little and get out of automatism.
In this link you can see the symptoms of spondylolistesis in case it blocks you with yours.
Link
Also a good physio helps and if you can work with exercises to strengthen the leg and back muscles, avoiding charges, or learning to catch them so as not to harm you and also avoiding the extensions backwards, such as yoga or the like.

Thank you very much for your comments, I have made several resonances and radiographs and as they do not see anything they blame it for diabetes.I'm going to ask me to make me a tac.Thank you so much

fosforero
03/19/2023 3:32 p.m.

Hello.
The same thing happened to me but the whole leg was numbed, they tested me and they told me it was neuropathy.
They gave me a lyric treatment and got the pain and the tingling, during that time I control my sugar because I did not take it very well controlled and take care of me more, a year I asked my doctor to leave the pills since I had painsof Caneza and Visiona Vision (they are side effects of the Lyrica) and I also did not sleep my leg.Stop taking them and the pain never returned.You need to take something that takes that evil and leaves, Lyrica is highly recommended.

Digui's profile photo
Digui
03/20/2023 1:21 a.m.

digui said:
hello.
The same thing happened to me but the whole leg was numbed, they tested me and they told me it was neuropathy.
They gave me a lyric treatment and got the pain and the tingling, during that time I control my sugar because I did not take it very well controlled and take care of me more, a year I asked my doctor to leave the pills since I had painsof Caneza and Visiona Vision (they are side effects of the Lyrica) and I also did not sleep my leg.Stop taking them and the pain never returned.You need to take something that takes that evil and leaves, the lyric is highly recommended.

Thanks, since I started with those symptoms I have fully controlled glucose, to see if I have the same fate as you

fosforero
03/20/2023 11:59 a.m.

Out of curiosity, you say controlled.What values ​​did you have on an empty stomach?

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
03/26/2023 4:08 p.m.

otabol said:
out of curiosity, you say controlled.What values ​​did you have on an empty stomach?

On fasting 98, postpandrial 140 and 5.6 glyc.The highest peak of Glico was uba time at 7.2

fosforero
03/26/2023 4:42 p.m.

All that with a metformin pill of 850 mg a day, of course.The highest peak on an emry was once 132

fosforero
03/26/2023 4:44 p.m.

But for neuropathy do you take some medication?I went with Lyrica, you start with a small dose and go up until the pain disappears.Lyrica is the brand but the compound is a pregabaline, my header doctor prescribed it to me.Luck !

Digui's profile photo
Digui
03/27/2023 1:27 a.m.

I'm taking Triptyzol, I started with Lyrica but I had to leave her because I was dizzy

fosforero
03/27/2023 10:51 a.m.

digui said:
but for neuropathy do you take some medication?I went with Lyrica, you start with a small dose and go up until the pain disappears.Lyrica is the brand but the compound is a pregabaline, my header doctor prescribed it to me.Good luck!

In your case, did you have the glucose uncontrolled for a while?To what values ​​did you arrive?

fosforero
03/27/2023 10:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.