{'en': 'Night hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemia nocturna'} Image

Night hypoglycemia

Sofia00's profile photo   09/21/2023 9:39 a.m.

Good morning,

Humalog 2-2-2
Lantus 18-0-0

I lie at 130 approx (about 00h), about 3 in the morning I wake up in hypoglycemia, I correct, I still in normal values ​​and about 7h I return to hip.

This normally happened to me every night once, regardless of dinner and even if I was lying in 200, then at 3-4h did hypoglycemia.My endocrine told me to change the Lantus (18U) that put me at 11 p.m.And this is what was happening to me.Total that I changed it in the morning and we remain the same.

Do you think I should lower the lantus?My fear is that it is short for the rest of the day.

Thank you!

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/21/2023 9:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can try and lower the lantus but if you still just comment with the endocrine.
Maybe another type of slow insulin could go better.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/21/2023 10:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Do you exercise in the afternoon night ???Everything influences

marine's profile photo
marine
09/21/2023 12:03 p.m.

sofia00 said:
good morning,

Humalog 2-2-2
Lantus 18-0-0

I lie at 130 approx (about 00h), about 3 in the morning I wake up in hypoglycemia, I correct, I still in normal values ​​and about 7h I return to hip.

This normally happened to me every night once, regardless of dinner and even if I was lying in 200, then at 3-4h did hypoglycemia.My endocrine told me to change the Lantus (18U) that put me at 11 p.m.And this is what was happening to me.Total that I changed it in the morning and we remain the same.

Do you think I should lower the lantus?My fear is that it is short for the rest of the day.

Thank you!

I suppose yes but have you proven the hypos with blood strips or have you been picked up exclusively from the app?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/21/2023 12:20 p.m.

Lantus does not cover 24h and it is proven that its curve/peak of action is at 4 o'clock hence the hypos.
You have to leave it in two.Put the highest dose in the morning and a reinforcement at night, in this way if you get 14 un in the morning and give you hypoglycemia, you are awake and you can eat, and then at night the remaining 4uds.
This is what the same thing paid to me with Levemir.

I asked Toujeo change that covers more than 24h and saved me a puncture, it is also flat, the action peak is not noticeable.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/21/2023 2:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sandman said:
sofia00 said:
good morning, good morning,

Humalog 2-2-2
Lantus 18-0-0

Thank you!

I suppose yes but have you proven the hypos with blood strips or have you relied exclusively from the app?

If, of course I have proven, apart from I notice it.They are real hypos

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/22/2023 1:57 a.m.

marine said:
do you exercise in the afternoon ???Everything influences

I can understand this the days that I exercise that I exercise but just that day was not the case and it happens almost 90% of nights and I only exercise 2 days.

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/22/2023 1:58 a.m.

ruthbia said:
lantus does not cover 24h and it is proven that its curve/peak of action is at 4 hours there the hypos.
You have to leave it in two.Put the highest dose in the morning and a reinforcement at night, in this way if you get 14 un in the morning and give you hypoglycemia, you are awake and you can eat, and then at night the remaining 4uds.
This is what the same thing paid to me with Levemir.

I asked Toujeo to cover more than 24h and saved me a puncture, it is also flat, the action peak is not noticeable.

But still changing the lantus in the morning and that its 4h peak is in the morning (there I do not give me hiccum), it continues to pass me at night, so I do not think it is because of the time of the Lantus because it happened to me when II put it at night but it still passes me by putting it tomorrow😩

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/22/2023 2 a.m.

@Sofia00: You can't be like this every night.This is a "sinvivir". I would download the lantus and contact the endocrine to see what solution it gives you

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/22/2023 8:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Sofia00, you will have to lower the dose of Lantus and see if it covers you well 24 hours.If not, split it in two .. or try with the flattest insulins, such as toujeo or threeiba, which last 24 hours or more.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/22/2023 8:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If it seems that you have too much Lantus dose, seeing the fast doses I would almost even put the night but it depends on the exercise you perform.

Tavosugarfree's profile photo
Tavosugarfree
09/24/2023 4:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.