Doubt Freestyle strips

Sofia00's profile photo   09/21/2023 10:48 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I have used free freeyle sensors for years, until recently I lived in Madrid and there they gave me the sensors and strips for my device from the health center (in this case Countour Next).

I have currently moved to Andalucia, here the sensors send them directly to your home together with a box of strips.The strips are freestyle lite brand.My question is, what device are they used?They should facilitate them or buy it?
I have the sensor connected to the mobile and apart I have the device (attached photo) that I bought many years ago but it does not work for the strip.

Thank you

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/21/2023 10:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Abbott has its own reader, you have to use that.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/21/2023 12:02 p.m.

Freestyle wears "Opium" strips, at least the reader I have
The health center has to give it to you because Abbot no longer sells readers.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/21/2023 2:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sofia00 said:
hello everyone,

I have used free freeyle sensors for years, until recently I lived in Madrid and there they gave me the sensors and strips for my device from the health center (in this case Countour Next).

I have currently moved to Andalucia, here the sensors send them directly to your home together with a box of strips.The strips are freestyle lite brand.My question is, what device are they used?They should facilitate them or buy it?
I have the sensor connected to the mobile and apart I have the device (attached photo) that I bought many years ago but it does not work for the strip.

Thanks

The reader came to me along with the first sensor order.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/21/2023 2:22 p.m.

marine said:
Abbott has its own reader, you have to use that.

I have this and it is not compatible with the strips, it only helps me to read the sensor.

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/22/2023 2:02 a.m.

Great, I'm going to wait for me with the first order and I will not claim it at the health center (this as the last option because they do not know any sensors and I would say that of diabetes hehehe)

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/22/2023 2:03 a.m.

@Sofia00 have to give you all Opium, but change glucometer.
In Madrid 3 years ago they do not give abbott strips, I have to buy them

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/22/2023 8:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@sofia00 have to give you all optium, but change glucometer.

Well, the ones that put me on the health card are Lite (this did so that I had strips until I reached the request for sensors), I hope that when I arrive comes with the device, I will tell you.Thank you!

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/22/2023 8:55 a.m.

sofia00 said:
ruthbia said:
@sofia00 have to give you all optium, but change glucometer.

Well, the ones that put me on the health card are Lite (this did so that I had strips until I reached the request for sensors), I hope that when I arrive comes with the device, I will tell you.Thank you!

I don't know how it will go in the rest of Spain, but here in Andalusia you send you the reader with your first sensor order.

Then, every 4 months or so, they send you 8 sensors home, 1 box of strips and 1 box of lancet.The 2 things of the Abbott brand.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/22/2023 9:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.