{'en': 'A walk in the park', 'es': 'Un paseo por el parque'} Image

A walk in the park

fer's profile photo   03/15/2023 5:37 p.m.

Today I went for a walk in the park, hoping to enjoy a relaxing day taking advantage of the sun.

Before leaving home, I made sure to wear my insulin, glucose meter, and some snacks just in case.It is always better to be prepared, since you never know when you can have a decrease in glucose.

While walking through the park, I ran into a kiosk that sold my favorite cookies.I could not resist and bought one, thinking that I would eat it later if my glucose went down.I kept it in my backpack and followed my path.

Suddenly, I began to feel a little dizzy and weak, I checked my blood sugar level and realized that I was actually going down.I decided that it was the perfect time to enjoy my delicious cookie.

When looking for the cookie in my backpack, I realized that I had broken in pieces.It seemed that my backpack had been attacked by an army crushing cookie.I took the pieces of cookie and started to eat them.

While enjoying my snack, I realized that a group of people watched me curious.

I realized that it looked like a small child, sitting in a park bank, eating cookie remains.

I could not help laughing at the situation and, seeing my laugh, the people around me also began to laugh.

When I recovered I continued with my walk in the park.

I learned that, even in difficult situations, a little humor can make life much more bearable, even when it comes to dealing with type 1 diabetes!

fer's profile photo
fer
03/15/2023 5:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@fer, enjoy, hahaaa

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2023 7:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@fer Well, I'm very lucky when I'm low, it's not that I am in a very good humor hahaha, rather the other way around 🤣🤣🤣

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/15/2023 8:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do not have a continuous meter?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/15/2023 10:01 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Yes, the free freestyle, but I have not configured the alarms and I look at it only with the mobile.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/16/2023 12:08 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

hahaha.I love illustration.Only we can understand it.My basic survival kit is: water bottle, jelly beans, a piece of fruit, a picos bag or something similar ...

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/16/2023 11:28 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Regina you have to take advantage of all the "carpe diem" moments.@Andrespmat In general, when I have a downturn I am not humorous, but it is not always the case, and it was the case so funny, that there was no other!ha ha ha

@Ensalada to that kit, I add that I always carry a few sugar on my pants pocket, which are often broken, and ended with the bones full of grains of sugar, sometimes it seems as if I returned from the beach ... :D :D :D

fer's profile photo
fer
03/16/2023 11:43 a.m.

@Fer, I don't know if you continue with Lantus, my daughter gave enough hypos with her, she is much more stable with Toujeo and puts the same dose as Lantus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2023 1:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, now that you say it, I have a Toujeo box waiting for my endo a couple of weeks ago, I will not take long to try, I will tell the experience here!😋

fer's profile photo
fer
03/16/2023 2:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.